“A Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

You added St Martins Lane London Hotel to your Saves list
St Martins Lane London Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 St Martin's Lane, London WC2N 4HX, England (Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #91 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“A Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at St Martins lane for our honeymoon recently and were hugely impressed.
The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating (Nicole and I forget the name of the doorman) - genuine, friendly and welcoming - what a pleasure.
The hotel design is sleek, clean and trendy.
The rooms are large (well ours was) - the bathrooms were as good as i've ever seen. Clean but functional as well.
Finally, you can't beat the location. Situated on a quiet street in Covent Garden - Oxford st, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Sq are all a few minutes walk away.
Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Claude,

Thank you for your very kind review of your recent stay at St Martins Lane. It was my honour to create a unforgettable time in London for your and your wife on your Honeymoon and I’m delighted to see that your raring to join us again.
Please let me know when you are planning to return I can’t wait to welcome you both back.

Nicole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Hebrew first
Istanbul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at The St. Martin Lane Hotel over Christmas 2013 and had one of my best experiences ever!

Starting with Igor the doormen upon my arrival hotel staff has been very attentive to my needs and very friendly.

Alex at Concierge is amazing and even got me a ticket for The Nutcracker for December 23rd first row; all the places he recommended me were all local places and good.
I only had breakfast but both buffet and a la carte selections were satisfactory.

The only thing I did not like was that they charge you for WFI which whould be free at 21st century...

Overall food and ambiance is great but what made my stay a memorable one was the staff ! I once again thank Alex, Igor and Ahmet , hope to visit back soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Funda D,

Thank you for staying with us over the Christmas period it was an absolute pleasure to have you here; I am thrilled to see so many individuals helped make your experience so unforgettable. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to everyone you mentioned.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to return, I would be more than happy to make sure your next stay is as good as the first (hopefully even better). You may reach me at nicole.messham@mhgc.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

What can I say...I booked this hotel as a surprise for my mothers birthday, she was very pleasantly surprised! When I booked the room we we given a complementary upgrade with a bottle of champagne to make the most of our celebrations. The hotel is very stylish, even thought they are starting renovations to improve it even more. The beds are one of a kind, and I had a very comfortable nights sleep. The staff are very friendly and helpful, without being intrusive. I must mention Nicole who made our stay really special. I would definitely recommend this hotel. And I will make sure I return. Many thanks St Martins Lane!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Holly,

It was pleasure to meet you and your mother on arrival.I’m so glad you chose to spend your special occasion with us and I’m glad I could make it memorable – a few bubble’s never go a miss!
I look forward to welcoming you back with warm smiles and friendly service.
Please let me know when you plan to return and I will personally manage your booking.

Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We just left St Martins Lane, but couldn't wait longer to thank Debra and Fabrizio !! Thank you for your warm welcoming smiles and for hosting us the way you did, especially knowing how we ended in your great hotel ! The room was amazing : perfectly quiet, perfectly clean and perfectly styled ! Thank you again and we hope to see you again !!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Yanaparis,

WOW! Thank you for this incredible review and your personal thanks to Debra and Fabrizio – they saw the reviews this morning and were overjoyed that they were able to create a memorable experience for you. I’m glad you enjoyed all aspects of our hospitality we are committed to providing a place where guests feel at home and we look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later.

Fleet, Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We liked this hotel as a change from the normal nice but anonymous style of most hotels in London. Everything's carefully thought about - big things and small details - from the handleless doors in the ground floor loos and adjustable mood lighting in bedrooms to the teabag and sugar containers. We upgraded and had a great room with huge floor to ceiling windows. Toiletries smell delicious and the bed was dreamily comfortable. Air con worked well. We got a good deal - £159 - as a secret hotel on Lastminute.com (the upgrade when we arrived was an extra £40, so still good value). As previously mentioned, no wifi in the room but as we were there just one night this wasn't really a problem, just seems a shame not to offer this yet as a free part of every stay. We didn't bother with the £25 (each) breakfast as we wanted to get on with the day and it's steep for a bit of muesli and a cup of tea (which we found quite satisfactorily in a nearby Nero) and was all we wanted. The staff were professional and welcoming. A missing towel was immediately replaced.
I suppose my only reservations would be a lack of decent lighting in the room, again not really a problem for one night; stylish taps on the basins are entirely smooth, so hard to turn with wet or soapy hands; and finally, although it does everything well, to me St Martins Lane felt slightly soulless, which I guess is a personal thing. The bar and restaurant didn't attract us enough to want to go in - I didn't feel we would fit in and feel comfortable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RedQuince,

Thank you for you in-depth review of your visit to St Martins Lane. When our hotel opened 14 years ago the idea was to create a wonderland were you are transported to a dream like world. We offer various packages on our website which include breakfast and wifi. I would recommend when you return to the hotel to try Asia de Cuba and Light Bar as they make for an unforgettable evening with fabulous service and exceptional food.

Please make sure you come to see us again soon, I would love to personally oversee your stay and ensure to make sure your next stay is even more memorable. Let me know when you intend to return, my email address is Nicole.messham@mhgc.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Have stayed in the St Martins Lane a few times an every time I have really enjoyed. Rooms are modern, full of light and practical. Service is superb. Both room service and Asia de Cuba restaurant are great. Concierge, receptionist and bell service are friendly and proactive. Making you feel welcome every time you come back during the stay or need anything. The use of the near by great gym , the box, ( only a few meters away), is also very convenient. Location, just by Covent Garden and close to businesses, theater, restaurants is also very welcome . Always looking forward to return !,

Room Tip: Corners rooms, higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Christian H,

Thank you for choosing St Martins Lane for your "home away from home" every time your travels bring you to our great, friendly city of London your loyalty is greatly appreciated. In all our departments are staff are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive, and gracious manner—and I am delighted you found this to be the case during you stay.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are returning. You can reach me at Nicole.messham@mhgc.com and again thank you for taking the time to complete this review.
I look forward to welcoming you back with warm smiles and friendly service.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

There's no doubting the St Martin's lane is a stylish, central and accommodating abode to lay ones head. The beds are comfy, the Malin & Goetz products are delightful and the staff are incredibly attentive. The bar, however, is an awful mix of hangers on and wannabes wishing they could afford to stay at the hotel. Avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robertsdesk,
It is great to read your review of St Martins Lane and we are so glad that you enjoyed our central location, and loved the design and style of our guestrooms. I was delighted to read that you were impressed with our staff and found them to be wonderfully helpful. They do genuinely care about the well-being of all our guests and always do their best to make every stay as enjoyable as possible.
We hope that you return to us when you are next in London, please contact me on Nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you would like to make a reservation so that I can personally oversee your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Nicole

Been to St Martins Lane London Hotel? Share your experiences!