Everything about this hotel is perfect. We arrived off of a 4-hour train ride from Edinburgh, tired, peckish, and slightly damp from navigating the alleyways from the Leicester Square station in the rain (which is ridiculously close, but for two disoriented Americans, it's not). Ed, at the front desk, was so sweet and accommodating that he had our gigantic soggy suitcases wiped down before he took us to our room. That right then and there was above our expectations, for I'm sure those bags suffered far more abuse from Virgin Atlantic than a little rain. Anyway, our room was fantastic - located right behind the English National Opera House, so it was very quiet. Even though it's smack in the middle of the very busy Leicester Square/Covent Garden (and we were there during Cocktail week) it was very peaceful. Everything was new and clean, the amenities plentiful, and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable. I also loved the plant hanging on the wall, and how a member of the staff would light a candle in the bathroom in the evening. It was those small details that made this hotel so lovely. But I have to say, it is the staff that really makes this place so special. Everyone is so kind and knowledgeable. I cannot count the times we went to the concierge (each and every one of you is a credit to your service) for help, whether it was cheap theatre tickets, how to get a refund for the Oyster Cards that never showed up, or how to make a simple local phone call (which is quite complicated if you've only dealt with no more than 10 digits for the majority of your life...11 if it's a 1-800 number...I swear we're really not that incompetent). To top it off, the hotel's location is perfectly centralized to EVERYTHING even though it's smack in the middle of the very busy Leicester Square/Covent Garden We mostly walked everywhere, but it's so stupidly easy to take the tube anywhere and everywhere as well. Thank you everyone at St. Martins Lane Hotel for making our holiday in London that much more enjoyable! We will be back soon, and we will be staying with you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From its dazzling location at the hub of Covent Garden, West End theatres and Trafalgar Square, St Martins Lane is a dramatic and daring reinvention of the urban resort. Smart, witty and sophisticated, the hotel is filled with energy, vitality and magic. Unique features include the acclaimed Asia de Cuba restaurant, wildly popular Light Bar, and interactive light displays in every Guest Room that encourage guests to personalize their own individual space, and help to turn the hotel into a beautiful and ever changing mosaic of color. St. Martins Lane Hotel offers seasonal packages and special offers including weekend, holiday, and breakfast packages. These offers are exclusive to the site and are available for a wide variety of room types and sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, Splendia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your St Martins Lane London Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Martins Lane London Hotel London
- Hotel St Martins Lane
- St Martins Lane London Hotel England