Well what can I say? I've used plenty of hotels in my time. My husband still uses hotels an awful lot for work, in London too.
The service was great from start to finish. I did pay a cheaper advance rate through an agent. I doubled checked with the hotel all was ok. Due to us not getting away without the children very often and having limited time. I didn't want any hiccups.
The hotel were very reassuring. We checked in later than we'd hoped. We were given a free room upgrade and sat there waiting was a handwritten note congratulating us (it was an important celebration) and a complimentary bottle of champagne.
The room was big enough, considering it's used as a base. The bathroom was huge in comparison to those I've seen in Central London. The bath was big enough for 2, it was huge. There was also a good shower.
We had a street view, which was lovely. When outside the noise was immense. This hotel is right in the thick of it. Bars, restaurants, theatres, shops all on your doorstep. So lots of crowds. This however you wouldn't know from inside. The rooms blocked out the noise.
The bed was comfortable, nice and firm. The room had been attended to when we were out, so we returned to lit candles, and a plumped up bed, nice touch.
I hear the rooms are being refurbished in the next year. I hope they don't change too much and it's just a refreshment.
The staff were all so helpful and polite. I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again, either as a couple or family.
When we take the kids to London, which they love, I would stay here, even at full rack rate. As the service and help takes all the stress out of a visit to London!
- Also Known As:
- St Martins Lane London Hotel London
- St Martins Lane London
- Hotel St Martins Lane
- St Martins Lane London Hotel England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From its dazzling location at the hub of Covent Garden, West End theatres and Trafalgar Square, St Martins Lane is a dramatic and daring reinvention of the urban resort. Smart, witty and sophisticated, the hotel is filled with energy, vitality and magic. Unique features include the acclaimed Asia de Cuba restaurant, wildly popular Light Bar, and interactive light displays in every Guest Room that encourage guests to personalize their own individual space, and help to turn the hotel into a beautiful and ever changing mosaic of color. St. Martins Lane Hotel offers seasonal packages and special offers including weekend, holiday, and breakfast packages. These offers are exclusive to the site and are available for a wide variety of room types and sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Amex, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your St Martins Lane London Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.