“My nirvana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

You added St Martins Lane London Hotel to your Saves list
St Martins Lane London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 St Martin's Lane, London WC2N 4HX, England (Covent Garden)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #100 of 1,060 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“My nirvana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Words cannot express how much I adore this hotel. There wasn't a single missed detail during my three-night stay. I arrived very tired from 22-hours of travel and meetings via taxi. I had the one mean taxi driver in London and his credit machine wasn't working. The bell man -- without even asking -- went to the front desk to get the GBP to cover my LHR > Covent Garden ride. So helpful!

As a vegan, I often struggle to eat, however the extremely caring room service staff personally delivered the veg menu to my door to walk me through my dinner options at Asia de Cuba downstairs. The food was divine!

My garden room with an outdoor patio was tranquil, spacious and so comfortable. I loved that bed! And who doesn't love Malin and Goetz bath products?

St. Martins Lane has become one of my top five favorite hotels in the world. It's worth every pence.

• Stayed October 2013
Jesper_Soerensen, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We are delighted that you rate St Martins Lane so highly Tara and are glad we were able to offer you a relaxing sanctuary after your long journey, we always take pleasure in rescuing our guests from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. Please come back for another relaxing retreat soon, Nicole.messham@mhgc.com will make sure you have everything you need if you let her know when you next intend to return and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

While I always expect quality from a Morgan hotel, St Martins Lane Hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. The staff provided us with exceptional service, from the doormen, the front desk, the concierge and even the manager, everyone could not have been
friendlier or more
accommodating. Our room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was large and modern and many amenities were available to use or purchase.
As for the location, it is absolutely incredible! It is in the heart of the city and within walking distance are endless restaurants, stores, shops and theaters. We could not wait to get out every day and explore our surroundings. This is a great location for business travelers, as well as couples and families looking for a great central location with a lot of choices for food and activities.

I could not recommend this hotel more. There is no doubt I have found my new "home" in London.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review and recommendation, to say that you have found your new London home is a huge compliment. We are so pleased you found our team here friendly and attentive and that they helped to make your stay so memorable. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon, when you have a date in mind please get in touch with Nicole.messham@mhgc.com as she would be delighted to personally oversee your stay.
Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel more than the once, and every time it meets my standards with the addition of friendly attentive staff. The restaurants food is excellent with the front of house team being truly professional. Sam the restaurant manager is kind and skilled at his work, making me and my friend feel welcome and able to enjoy the high quality we expect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Luke M,
Sam will be thrilled that he helped to make you and your friend feel so welcome in Asia de Cuba, and we are happy to hear that continue to enjoy the high level of guest service we offer at St Martins Lane. Please come back and see us again soon.
Commack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of September. I don't think you could stay at a better location; we were able to walk to almost everything and being so close to Covent Gardens was fantastic. We had a studio suite (#205) and the room was large. There were no "drawers" for clothing but there were two sets of shelves and although I brought way too much clothing there was plenty of room. Everything was modern and sparse - exactly how I like it. I think this was the first hotel I've stayed at where I didn't have to request extra towels. The towels were thick and huge and we had at least 6 bath towels at any given time. Bathroom was very large, modern and immaculate. The staff was incredible. They greeted us by name each day and were warm and helpful. All of our requests, for example the coffee/tea set up, were responded to IMMEDIATELY. I was hesitant about going to London with nothing more than a bucket list of places we wanted to visit but the concierge(s) were incredible. Joey and Mike provided information, reservations, suggestions, etc. every step of the way. We even got a last minute reservation for tea at the Ritz, which usually needs to be booked months in advance, thanks to Joey. There is nothing they could have done to make this trip any better than it was and this was one of the most fantastic trips we've ever taken!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Phyllis,
Your wonderful review is greatly appreciated and we are all delighted that you and your husband had such an enjoyable week with us. Thank you for your great review. Joey and Mike will be touched that their efforts helped to make your stay so memorable. Please come back to see us again soon. Nicole.messham@mhgc.com would love to hear from you with details of your next visit.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed 3 nights while in a business trip in London. The room is small, but clean and nice. Bathroom is super clean and modern. I stayed in the 325 room, which has an awful view, but I didn't need one. I don't recommend the hotel with you're traveling accompanied, because the design of the room is perfect for one person, that's it. Staff is super nice and helpful. They have partnership with a fitness center next door, which is very convenient. Hotel location is great: close to Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and other attractions and main transportation. I would go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear BibiLeite
We are so pleased you loved the location of the hotel and that you would like to come and stay with us again. Next time you visit we would be happy to show you some of our larger rooms as St Martins Lane is a great hotel whether you travel alone or with a guest, please get in touch with Nicole.messham@mhgc.com so that she can personally oversee your next visit.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We received excellent service from the time our cab pulled up in front of the hotel. The room was great. Not large but very comfortable. The beds and bedding were amazing. All the hotel and restaurant staff went out of their way to make our stay a great one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard, it’s great to hear that you loved your time at St Martins Lane and that our team helped to make your stay so enjoyable. We hope you have the opportunity to come and see us again soon, Nicole.messham@mhgc.com would be delighted to personally oversee your next stay so make sure you let her know when we can expect you.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel from the second you walk in you are treated like royalty with the staff falling over themselves to help you. Rooms are a little small and you have to enter the gym box by leaving the hotel, but the rooms are so clean, bathroom is amazing. The bar downstairs is very trendy with the cocktails made with perfection. The breakfast buffet is outstanding with everything you will need but the cooked food can take a little longer. The times are great though with breakfast served from 6.30 - 11 (never had that before). Great hotel, amazing location and helpful staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you EdelleMcCrudden for your fabulous review. We are so pleased you received such a warm welcome at St Martins Lane and had the opportunity to enjoy some of our tasty cocktails whilst you were with us. Please let Nicole.messham@mhgc.com know when you are coming back so that she can make sure you have everything you need on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to St Martins Lane London Hotel? Share your experiences!