“Great location close to all that beats in this vibrant city.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

Save Saved
You added St Martins Lane London Hotel to your Saves list
St Martins Lane London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 St Martin's Lane, London WC2N 4HX, England (Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue)   |
Special Offer
Summer in the City.
Ranked #103 of 1,073 hotels in London
Newcastle, Australia
“Great location close to all that beats in this vibrant city.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great location close to all that beats in this vibrant city.
The rooms are a little small but that is London and when you are in the location of this hotel, who cares.... Walk out the cool door of this hotel and you are 3 minutes walk to some of London's best atractions and if you like trendy bars and a vibrant atmosphere the streets around this hotel go off after work so you will have no trouble finding friends and quality drinking establishments. The hotel is super trendy and modern and has a cool bar/restaurant on the bottom floor, along with some of the coolest teeth seats I have seen. The rooms look over the bustiling streets or the old London rooftops and have some cool features such as mood lighting and a nice roomy bathroom. The beds are super comfy after a day of exploring London streets and the blinds will keep the light out if you have had a big night. We found the service here really good, especially the concierge service. My wife had wanted to do High Tea in London and I had left it a tad late... After calling around I had no luck. One call from the concierge and I was out of trouble as he swiftly made a booking at one of the best high tea's in London. When we arrived at the High Tea we were treated to some extra special attention due to our concierge friend and contact. This was super cool and helpful. So make sure you use the well connected and knowledgable concierge. The hotel has a car park at the back if you happen to be driving like we were and a host of breakfast places around. Enjoy thuis trendy and modern hotel that is in one of the best locations for a fun stay in London.

Room Tip: Speak to the concierge to get the low down on the good places to visit that are off the tourist trac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jesper_Soerensen, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Ryan,
Wow your review encompasses all aspects of our hospitality and how we have managed to make this an unforgettable weekend for you and your wife.We are pleased to read you had such an amazing time and our concierge team were able to assist you in experiencing the 'must do' high tea. Myself and our team are always happy to pre arrange any requests you may have, please feel free to email nicole.messham@mhgc.com. We look forward to welcoming you back.

1,300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Awesome modern hotel in a perfect location. Friendly & helpful staff. Decor that wows and a nice bar to spend the evenings. The suite with the open air patio was ideal for the summer

Plenty of options for F&B within a 5 minute radius

Room Tip: Suites with the patios are a must try!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We chose to stay here again, after staying a few years ago. After reading a few reviews I began to worry it wouldn't be up to the same standard as previously.

On arrival our car was taken to the car park and our luggage into reception. On checking in I was convinced I had read the reviews for another hotel! Check in was efficient and courteous, even giving us a free upgrade for our wedding anniversary.

Our room was on the sixth floor and was just as I remembered from our previous stay - clean, spacious, crisp bed linen, enormous bathroom and plenty of storage. Our tea tray arrived promptly and was refilled each day.

A truly wonderful stay in an extremely central hotel,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I organised to have my wife's birthday in London last week, and Nicole was very helpful in getting a few little surprises organised in the hotel for us, including champagne, flowers etc.

The hotel has a very cool edge, and the staff are all friendly and helpful. As a London resident for many years, even I was impressed by the lengths they would go to help with regards to shows, dinner reservations etc. Rooms were clean, beds comfy and bathrooms were lovely. Our room was a brilliant white throughout (room 158).

All in all a great stay, only reason for not giving 5 stars is the price (over £350 for one night and not including breakfast). But it was expected for a luxury central London hotel that is walking distance from Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Mayfair, Trafalgar Square, etc etc. Leicester Square tube is literally 5 minutes walk.

Not visited this time, but the hotel bar and onsite restaurant (Asia de Cuba) are both very good as well.

Highly recommended if this hotel is in your price range.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

ooked a deluxe NON SMOKING room with garden space on the booking.com website for my wife and I who were on a honeymoon trip. Upon arrival I was told my the check in girl that these are all in fact smoking rooms and she warned they might smell a bit. We didn't even need to enter the room before the stale smoker smell hit us so we demanded to be moved. They did find us a non smoking room quickly but it was a standard room with no garden and LOTS smaller- too small. They did take money off though. The point is though that I would NOT have stayed there had I known I would have ended up in that room.
The following evening my new wife and I met up with some friends locally for dinner. Afterwards my wife and I came back to the hotel for a quick drink but were not allowed into the members/residents area as it was a private party. That's totally understandable, I lived in London for 12 years so I know that happens all the time. What I wasn't prepared for was the attitude of the staff member by the entrance of the members area. As we approached we heard him mutter under his breath that he "hoped these pricks aren't coming in" to his colleagues and then proceeded to greet us with a huge fake smile when we got there.. my wife was really upset and I was just angry but it was enough to not make us feel welcome so we just went to sleep and left early the next day. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

No way is this a 5 star hotel, i have stayed in plenty of 5 star hotels around the world and this is not one of them.

Firstly i just want to warn people about the £100 charge they take from your credit card before you have even stepped foot in your room, the receptionist told us it was to cover any expenses from the mini bar/food etc, i explained to the receptionists that this was not explained when we booked the hotel and he just shrugged and said its in the small print, we are still waiting for our refund, i have called the hotel to be told it could take upto 10 days, i don't understand how it can take 2 days to show on your statement but 10 days to put back!!!!!!!

found the staff to be extremley rude, for example we put our bags in there holding room because we had arrived early and when we went back to collect our bags the man in charge just shoved them in our hands, and we got the same when we were handed our key, we were not told what floor we were on or where the lifts were the staff stare at you as though your stupid.
Also we found the hotel had no flag or sign to say it was a morgans orginal hotel, we walked ages trying to locate it, and the door number is not very big.

The rooms are modern, comfortable bed, and nice power shower, but we did have problems with the tv and ipod speakers and we could hear alot of banging, we thought we had booked a city view but instead we were facing another building with windows facing our room, so it felt quite exposed.

The only positives i can give this hotel is the location is ideal to the tube station given easy access to other areas of london and its right on covent garden

I would not recommend this hotel to friends or family and i will never stay in this hotel again, very poor service, poor value for money.

Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Really nice, but stayed in nicer 4 star hotels for less money in London... Nice room, clean and what I expected, friendly staff, food and drink very expensive as expected, breakfast for 2 - £50.00 which I think is a bit steep... Basically really nice but just couldnt justify the 5 star hotel rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St Martins Lane London Hotel? Share your experiences!