“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landmark London

You added The Landmark London to your Saves list
The Landmark London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #88 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Landmark Hotel on Saturday to celebrate his 50th birthday. When we arrived we had been upgraded to an executive room overlooking the atrium which was a welcome surprise. There were chocolates for my husband with a card from both the General Manager and the housekeeping team which was a lovely touch. Could not fault the service in the hotel in any way. The staff at reception were incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable and was incredibly quiet. We could hear no noise at all from diners in the restaurant in the atrium. Would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again as a treat for a special occasion.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

It is a genuine pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions here at The Landmark, and it is a treat for us to be able to assist with the celebrations. We find that it is the small touches that make all the difference, so I was delighted to read that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for your both.

I am glad that you found the standards in our hotel to be so high, and in particular that our team were so welcoming. We count ourselves very fortunate to be able to call this spectacular building our home, and I do hope that you will continue to choose it as yours when you are next visiting our wonderful city.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed in the Landmark for two nights in April. The public spaces are quite nice and the room was great. The Landmark is like many luxury hotels. Here is my slight beef--the hotel nickles and dimes you (for the British that is "put under strain by a lot of little expenses" or being cheap). The maid service did not replace the soaps and half used toiletries. Not a big deal, but I was working one bar of soap back and forth between the shower and sink for two days. Also, in the restaurant, they charged me for an additional cup of bad coffee every time they refilled the cup. Additionally, the shower head was broken. To be fair, I didn't call down about this. They probably would have fixed it. I did not have time but it was a very expensive hotel for problems with the fixtures; someone should have been checking those every day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent visit to our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed by the standard of your guest room, and that your initial impression of our hotel was a positive one. However, I was so disappointed to read that there was a clear lack of attention to detail, and I would very much like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

As you say, I am also confident that had these issues been reported, we would have been able to immediately rectify them; however I am sorry that they occurred in the first place.

Thank you for your honest feedback – it has been very helpful to our team. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us, and give you a warm welcome back to The Landmark London.

washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed at the Landmark in early April when we were in London. Stayed in a beautiful room. It was very comfortable, beautiful and clean. The bathroom was terrific, separate shower. I am very much a princess, so if you have princess standards, you will love this hotel! It is in a great location in Marylebone, close to everything. Staff was great and very helpful. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Had an inside room on the 3rd floor and worried I wouldn't like being on the inside, but it was...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this site, following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that we were able to meet your expectations on so many levels, and that your time with us was so enjoyable. It does make me extremely proud to read about the memorable experiences our team are creating for our guests, so thank you for sharing your comments with us. It will be my pleasure to share them with our team.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another fabulous stay.

Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as my daughter was getting married, we stayed as family and as couples. Every aspect of our stay was perfect, staff from every area of this hotel are well trained , polite and helpful to the extreme. Food is fantastic, place is spotless, staff attentive, everything is there almost before you ask. A fantastic hotel that I will stay in every time I am in London. Yes it can be a little expensive I suppose but you know what you will be getting and quality comes at a price. Wonderful place and fantastic environment.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on this website.

I was absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and in particular that our team were able to exceed your expectations. It is such a pleasure for us to welcome our guests celebrating such special occasions, and it was so lovely to read that you not only enjoyed the food at our restaurants, but also that every detail was taken care of by our team.

I do hope indeed that you will choose to stay with us again whilst you are in our lovely city, and look forward to welcoming you back for what I am sure will be another wonderful stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Well located nearby the Marylebone station. Very beautiful inside a classic high standard hotel. My room had the carpet and cleaning service was not at a high standard.
The bathroom was not at an high level.
I had two communicating rooms and I found in one day the inside door closed.
Since I have a young daughter I needed the door opened.
I call the concierge but someone came to my room only half an hour later.
The marble bathroom floor was dirty for a cup of tea reversed and nobody cleaned it.
Very good service provided elsewhere in the hotel.
Excellent the check out service. They arranged it directly in the room once you should leave.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, following your recent stay.

I was naturally disappointed to learn that overall your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our intention is to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as memorable as possible, and I am deeply sorry that this was not the case during your recent visit.

Whilst I was delighted to read that you found your check out experience to be so efficient, I am sorry that your room was not in the condition you expected. If you would have the time to contact me directly and let me know in which rooms you stayed, I will be able to investigate this matter further with our Engineering team. I can be reached at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

Please accept my apologies once again for not having been able to create the experience you were looking for. I do hope to hear from you soon, and hope that we will indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night. The room was gorgeous, not too big, amazing bathroom and just perfect. We arrived on the day after the Champions League Final (Bayern Munich vs. Dortmund) and we met the football team in the hotel. My first thought was "this must be a good hotel if the Bayern Munich is staying here" and it was. The staff was really nice and the winter garden looked amazing. After this weekend we decided to come here regularly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments, following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that your one night stay with us was so enjoyable, and that our team members were able to make this experience such a memorable one.

Indeed our Winter Garden is quite unique, and I do hope that you were able to experience our sumptuous breakfast under the stunning glass atrium.

I am glad to hear that you will be visiting us regularly, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

You don't know luxury until you stay at the landmark. Took the girlfriend here for valentines. Everything was tremendous. The immortal lines of the concierge who we had find us somewhere to eat at the last minute on a peak night for diners "do you want the good news or the bad news? there's no bad news from the concierge" he quipped. He was right. It was a fabulous meal, a fabulous stay and all over perfect. The only remote downer was that at check out the gentleman mentioned the price of the bill out loud - I had already paid it. It was nice but I didn't want my partner to feel guilty that I had spent a bit on her :) so that was the only negative. A bit of tact next time please front desk!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on this website.

I was naturally delighted that you and your girlfriend chose to spend Valentine’s Day with us, and that your experience here at the hotel was so memorable. It is our pleasure to assist with any guest requests, and I am so pleased that our Concierge team were able to find such a lovely venue for your celebratory meal.

I was sorry to read that your experience was slightly tainted by your check out process. Please be assured that this feedback has been passed on to our team so that they may learn from it, and avoid any further shortfalls in service in the future.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay.

Andrew Batchelor

Been to The Landmark London? Share your experiences!