“Beautiful, lovely, welcoming......stay here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landmark London

You added The Landmark London to your Saves list
The Landmark London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #91 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London
“Beautiful, lovely, welcoming......stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

It was a great experience staying here. We had a family room which was MASSIVE, in fact so huge we are still talking about it. The warm cookies on arrival were a treat for all, and add to it the warm and helpful staff. Evening concierge were great, and even went to the shop to buy medicine for my son who had a headache. Thank you so much everyone!!!

Room Tip: The room at the front was on the busy road, but you would never know as it was silent.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this site of your recent stay.

I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you all left with such lovely memories of your stay. Our team are here to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible throughout their time with us, and I was happy to read that our Concierge team in particular were able to do just that.

It is our pleasure to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as memorable as possible, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Landmark London for another fabulous stay.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

An old railway hotel converted in the 1980s to a five star hotel. The place is beautiful and the rooms larger than in most hotels. The design of the entire hotel is elegant and different.The main restaurant is in the atrium with a beautiful setting and good food. The location is on the fringe of downtown near Baker Street and Marlybone stations where you can ride the tube and regular rail. It is a ten minute walk to Oxford Street and is not far from everything a tourist would want to see. I have stayed there many times and have found service outstanding and the staff polite and helpful.
Hint: joint heir club for free and get a great rate plus extras. Finally, it is one block north of the congestion tax area so you can park your car without the tax.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the front as Marlybone Road is very heavy with traffic. I like the back as...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that your experience here with us was so memorable, and that you were also enchanted by the beautiful building we are fortunate enough to find ourselves in.

I am pleased that you found our location so convenient, and that you were easily able to access all corners of our fabulous city. Most of all, I was thrilled to read that our team were able to make you feel at home, and that their service exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another memorable stay.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night at the weekend. Welcoming and helpful staff at every function. We got a room upgrade and breakfast through the LHW network. The gym use is priced at £10 for one hour, but we were not charged this fee - probably due to LWH membership. Room had large sitting area and open plan sleeping area, both with large TVs (although it would not be possible to watch two shows, as the sounds would not be isolated). Large work desk with power sockets at desk height. Bath and separate drench shower in the bathroom and a huge wardrobe. Breakfast is buffet style, with lots to please everyone and the opportunity order extra is required. Very good location across the street from Marylebone tube station makes it easy to get to. Decor and cleanilness to the highest standard throughout. We had a small problem with a padlock which was quickly dealt with - on a Sunday morning. Would certainly stay here again. Well done everyone and thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this website.

I was so pleased to read that your one night with us was so enjoyable, and that you enjoyed the comfort and amenities within our spacious guest rooms.

Our sumptuous breakfast buffet, served in our stunning Winter Garden, is one of the highlights for so many of our guests, and I am delighted that you had the time to enjoy it. I am pleased that you found our location to be so convenient, and that the issue you experienced whilst with us was dealt with so efficiently.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another wonderful experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I hit married in Westminster in July 2014, we chose to stay with our guests at The Landmark as we were flying to the US the following morning. Reception staff we fine although no champagne was received as per the website offer, I did mention this to reception however nothing arrived.

We chose to dine at the Winter Gardens, which was a big mistake.... A few months before I arranged a cake with the restaurant team and received emails confirming my booking and indeed the cake... The staff were cold if not rude.... At the end of the main course the party was asked if we would like dessert... I asked if they could bring the cake out, to which a rude woman said 'you didn't order one' .... A little surprised by this response I said 'yes I did I have email confirmation... The lady then said 'from who?' I told her... Then she went away (I assumed to double check) nothing happened so I asked again and had the same response... This was my wedding day !!! And infront of my guests I was being questioned as to if I had actually ordered this cake ! Eventually after my wife had begged for something to cut (For the photos) a slither of cheese cake arrived that looked like if had been thrown around the kitchen ... When we got back we emailed the hotel and were offered afternoon tea foc.... Not really the point as I only intend to get married once.... And for that one big day... Someone forgot our cake... To make it worse the news was delivered in such a hostile and rude manner I cannot recommend this hotel ever.... Never got the champagne....

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us on this website.

Firstly, please allow me to offer our congratulations once again on your wedding. I was sorry to learn that your stay with us, however, did not meet your expectations, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I understand that you have been in contact with our Food & Beverage team regarding your experience. I appreciate that little can be done after the event to make right the shortfalls in service encountered, however I would once again like to offer my sincere apologies.

I am also extremely sorry that you did not receive your champagne. We have been able to identify a miscommunication within our team, and have naturally addressed this accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, as it is only through such feedback that we are able to monitor and continuously improve the service we are providing to our guests. I do hope that we will soon be able to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Once again a wonderful stay at The Landmark Hotel in London. Hotel is centrally located, rooms are exceptionally spacious and very comfortable. As always the staff are extremely courteous and friendly. I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 10 years for both business and leisure - it's offers character and style which is easily lost in new modern hotels today. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us on this site.

Naturally, I was delighted to read that you had another wonderful stay at our hotel, and indeed that our team are always on hand to ensure your experience with us is memorable. It is particularly pleasing to see that each and every time you stay, your time your expectations are consistently exceeded, and that you enjoy the character of this beautiful building.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another fabulous stay.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Showpiece area is very nice, rooms are clean and well presented but nothing specisl for the price.
Location is quite close to many tourist areas, suprisingly no noise from the train station.
Not used to Bar prices in London but seemed very expensive

Room Tip: 6th floor above Marylebone station was OK
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

Whilst I was pleased that, in general, you enjoyed your time with us, I was sorry to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations on all levels. We genuinely value all our guests’ comments, as they are the one true measure we have of the service we are providing. As such, I would welcome your suggestions around improving our service, if you would be willing to share these with me. I can be reached directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I am glad, however, that you found our location to be convenient, and enjoyed the spectacular building we are fortunate enough to find ourselves in.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Wigan, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

From the minute that the doors were opened for us, everything was perfect. . Beautiful grand reception area, quick easy check in,we were early on arrival but our luggage was taken and stored for us until the room was ready ,then it was waiting in our room when we got there later.
The rooms are stunning extremley spacious, very clean and the shower was wonderful.
The food we had was delicious as was the breakfast.
It is expensive but you certainly get what you pay for..I would love to return anytime.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and in particular that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience. It is a genuine pleasure for me not only to read such wonderful words about our team, but also to then share them with all departments.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable guest rooms, and that our sumptuous breakfast exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.

Andrew Batchelor

Been to The Landmark London? Share your experiences!