“Nice grand hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Landmark London

Save Saved
You added The Landmark London to your Saves list
The Landmark London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #101 of 1,073 hotels in London
Reading, United Kingdom
“Nice grand hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice and grand hotel, it used to be the Grand Hotel of Marylebone station. All grand, marble, palm trees (fake), gold, etc. We had an executive room which was one of the largest rooms I've ever been in and the bathroom was just glorious white marble all round. Only downside was that there were some stain on the footstool and on the carpet, in places. We could have complained but it was only minor so we 'survived' the 4 nights.

Very friendly and helpful staff and quite efficient. We ate at their various restaurants and the quality and service was very good; although on the pricier side. But it's clearly done to be a bit more exclusive. Certainly worth a visit, if for anything else for high tea in the grand central glass-covered hall. They have alternatively a harpist of pianist playing soothing music.

The pool and spa were also glorious, just a shame that the week we were there the sauna was out of order and apparently will need complete redoing.

Room Tip: ask for an external room but not on the main road; otherwise you can get an internal room (but they...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that the service provided by our team members was memorable. Our guest rooms are some of the largest in the city, so I am pleased that this was also something you appreciated.

However, I am sorry that you were unable to use the sauna. We did indeed have to carry out some essential and unforeseen maintenance work; however I am delighted that it is now fully back up and running. I was also concerned to read that there were marks on some of the furniture within your room, and would like to assure you that we are looking into this as a matter of urgency.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

1,504 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Far from being a 5 start hotel, i was also very surprise for this hotel to be of the standards of LHW.
Service and location are far from an advertised 5star hotel.
It seems LHW cannot keep the pace of Luxury hospitality today.

i was located in a room on the 2nd floor facing the street, terribly loud. When requested to change teh room they could only offer something smaller. Very poor service for a hotel that claim this high standards, they were unable to make us happy and pleased. Water noice from the bathroom were also an issue. Even the elevator when itnreaches the floor make a long two beeps that can be heard in the room, i was staying in room 202 near the elevators. Do not stay in this room, however unfortunate it is the bigger rooms in their deluxe rooms.
They charge for internet, no hotels of these prices charge for internet anymore. This is today a very basic service as cleaning a room.
The use of the pool and sauna is also charged separately, its like a bad joke!

Simply not a hotel worth the money they are charging.

Room Tip: Nothing facing the front street or near the elevator
Dear Guest,

I am deeply sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations. We normally pride ourselves on the high standards of service we provide to our guests, however I do apologise for the any inconvenience caused during your stay.

I understand that you did speak with one of our Managers on Duty during your time with us; however I would be happy to discuss this in more detail with you. Should you wish, please do feel free to contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk.

Thank you for leaving your feedback, and I hope to hear from you soon.

england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

a two night break in the capital. the landmark should be one of the best
in london. The room was clean and large, but the sound from the water works from the various
rooms was verydisturbing at night. news papers failed to arrive on both days. The breakfast on the second day was dissapointing Not five star at all. Sorry Landmark but you failed on this occasion.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet outside room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent two night stay with us.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your overall experience, and that you were disturbed by noise during the night. This clearly is a matter of great concern to us, and one which requires further investigation. I should therefore be grateful if you could contact me directly with more details, via Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk.

We are usually very proud of the service we provide to our guests, and I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations.

Once again please do accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Having visited London on many occasions staying at the Landmark was always a dream of ours. We were offered a last minute deal through a discount travel website at an unbelievable weekend rate for bed and breakfast so decided to give it a try for a night. The hotel is undeniably beautiful both inside and out. Through our own mistake we arrived for checkin an hour early, this did not seem to be an issue but we were upsold an upgrade for an additional cost to stay in a deluxe queen room with a view of the winter garden because the room we had booked was not yet ready. As we have a toddler who was tired we agreed to the upgrade so we could have instant room access, but in retrospect I think the £30 could have been better spent elsewhere. We were shown to our room by a very pleasant member of staff who offered to show us around, but as our child was in the buggy and access around the hotel was not that straight forward we declined. The room was classically beautiful and spotlessly clean with plenty of space for myself, my wife and little boy. The view from the room was also delightful. Once our son was rested we had a walk around the building ending up at the spa and swimming pool where a lovely gentleman showed us around the facilities. It did perplex me that we were required to spend an additional £15 per person in order to have use of the swimming pool. I would expect the use of all recreational facilities to be included within the price of a room at any 5* establishment, surely? Never the less our son was very disappointed, but I really couldn't justify paying £45 for what would be a maximum of an hours swim (because our child would get too cold after that period) which was limited to certain times of the day when with children. Having retired to bed early, we woke up excited to sample the breakfast. We were not disappointed, as there was a great selection of continental breakfast foods as well as a wide range hot a la carte dishes to order. My wife particularly enjoyed sampling the foods on offer as did our son and the surroundings were peaceful and elegant. On the whole the staff were pleasant, but to varying degrees. We had the option to have a late checkout at 4pm, but chose to leave early as we had a long journey ahead. Overall I did enjoy my stay, but I think my expectations of this grand hotel did fall short in terms of fully enjoying the facilities it had to offer.

Room Tip: Check in at the right time to avoid up selling for room upgrades.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Whilst the impression received from your comments is overall a positive one, I am sorry that there were some aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations.

I do apologise that we did not have a room ready for you on arrival – we always endeavour to meet any such requests, however as I am sure you will appreciate this is not always possible. I am glad that there was someone available to show you around both your room and our stunning Health Club and Spa, and that your wife and son enjoyed our plentiful breakfast so much.

Our swimming pool is an integral part of our Health Club & Spa facility, and in fact this is a private members club. In order to maintain a degree of exclusivity for our members, we do charge a nominal fee for use of the facilities for our hotel guests, however I am sorry if this was not outlined to you prior to arrival. I do hope that this did not prove to be too much of any inconvenience during your stay.

I hope that you and your family will allow us another opportunity to make a future trip in London a memorable one, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Landmark is a very impressive hotel with beautiful rooms, a wonderful Spa and lovely bars but we have to say we were left disappointed with a number of things that simple weren't up to the standard you would expect. Firstly the coffee served in the room is only Nescafe instant which is not what you expect in a 5* hotel so we ordered room service coffee and this was very weak and had to be sent back. The controls for operating the bath / shower didn't have any instructions and were stuck so we ending up getting a shower and bath at the same time! We also found that one of the bottles of hand lotion was half used which shows the bathroom hadn't been properly cleaned. Lastly we ordered a paper for the morning which didn't arrive and we had to go and pick it up. These are things you might accept in a Travelodge but not in one of the best hotels in London!

Dear Guest,

I am deeply disappointed to learn that your stay with us did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We take all our guest feedback very seriously, and we were disheartened to learn that you did not enjoy the amenities in our rooms, and were not offered assistance with the technical aspects of it.

I have investigated the matters raised, and would like to assure you that all relevant action will be taken to prevent any of the issues you have mentioned recurring.

We do appreciate all our guests’ feedback, as this is the only way we have to truly measure and continuously improve the service we provide to our guests.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove to you the standards of service our guests have come to expect from us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I decided to propose to my girlfriend this year so I planned a special weekend including a stay at The Landmark hotel. I left my special requests quite last minute but the concierge was still more than happy to support every request to the letter! Everything went perfectly and to top it all off, she said yes!!!! :-D

This was the best 5 star experience I've ever had. From the moment we were greeted at the front doors to the moment we left every member of staff we came into contact with was at the top of their game! our room was lovely and big with elegent furnishings and decor. We ordered room service and the food was cooked to perfection! We sampled some fantastic cocktails in the Mirror Bar and breakfast in the Winter Garden was 10 out of 10 with an extra point for the mini eggs benedict and blueberry pancakes!

All of the members of staff made this weekend so special for me and my 'now' my fiancé! I cant thank them enough!

I think it is safe to say we will be returning at our earliest opportunity!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us, and please do accept my congratulations on behalf of the entire team here at The Landmark.

I am delighted that you chose to spend such a special time with us, and that the weekend went so well. Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are memorable, and none more so on such momentous occasions. I am so pleased we were able to accommodate any last minute requests, and that all the food and drinks that your enjoyed during your stay were also so well received.

Thank you once again for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome both you and your fiancée back to The Landmark London in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Tacky!! If you like violet and purple with airport lounge music this might be your thing! Really disenchanted by the whole experience, went through a maze of corridors to get there, the inverted mirror logo at the entrance is horrendous and the whole place lacks any character whatsoever, the kind of bar you would expect at a Holiday Inn but prices you wouldn't even expect from a decent 5 Star hotel! Dull, dull, dull!!!

3 Peronis and 3 House Red Wine by the Glass for 91GBP (also hidden VAT and service charges which is just cheeky)------ Enough Said!!

Room Tip: Look at the menu, At least 13.75 GBP for a glass of house wine
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website, following your recent visit to our Mirror Bar.

I am deeply sorry that you seem not to have enjoyed your experience with us, and that you feel that the beverages served did not represent good value for money.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you. Should you wish to do so, please do contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Landmark London? Share your experiences!