“5 star treatment for a very special weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landmark London

You added The Landmark London to your Saves list
The Landmark London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #88 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“5 star treatment for a very special weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I decided to propose to my girlfriend this year so I planned a special weekend including a stay at The Landmark hotel. I left my special requests quite last minute but the concierge was still more than happy to support every request to the letter! Everything went perfectly and to top it all off, she said yes!!!! :-D

This was the best 5 star experience I've ever had. From the moment we were greeted at the front doors to the moment we left every member of staff we came into contact with was at the top of their game! our room was lovely and big with elegent furnishings and decor. We ordered room service and the food was cooked to perfection! We sampled some fantastic cocktails in the Mirror Bar and breakfast in the Winter Garden was 10 out of 10 with an extra point for the mini eggs benedict and blueberry pancakes!

All of the members of staff made this weekend so special for me and my 'now' my fiancé! I cant thank them enough!

I think it is safe to say we will be returning at our earliest opportunity!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us, and please do accept my congratulations on behalf of the entire team here at The Landmark.

I am delighted that you chose to spend such a special time with us, and that the weekend went so well. Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are memorable, and none more so on such momentous occasions. I am so pleased we were able to accommodate any last minute requests, and that all the food and drinks that your enjoyed during your stay were also so well received.

Thank you once again for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome both you and your fiancée back to The Landmark London in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Tacky!! If you like violet and purple with airport lounge music this might be your thing! Really disenchanted by the whole experience, went through a maze of corridors to get there, the inverted mirror logo at the entrance is horrendous and the whole place lacks any character whatsoever, the kind of bar you would expect at a Holiday Inn but prices you wouldn't even expect from a decent 5 Star hotel! Dull, dull, dull!!!

3 Peronis and 3 House Red Wine by the Glass for 91GBP (also hidden VAT and service charges which is just cheeky)------ Enough Said!!

Room Tip: Look at the menu, At least 13.75 GBP for a glass of house wine
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website, following your recent visit to our Mirror Bar.

I am deeply sorry that you seem not to have enjoyed your experience with us, and that you feel that the beverages served did not represent good value for money.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you. Should you wish to do so, please do contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business, choosing it purely for location/proximity to the rail stations.

This is supposed to be one of the premier hotels in central London (famous for it's courtyard restaurant). It is extremely well appointed with meticulous, serene public areas and very helpful staff. It's a traditional 'railway' hotel, purpose built - so the rooms are spacious etc.

If your'e walking here, the hotel is on the far side of one of London's busiest roads (so not a pretty locale) and it's approximately 15-20mins from Oxford street (shopping) and next door to Marylebone station (for the tube). The entrance to the front of the hotel is via narrow taxi lane...which seemed rather precarious.

Check in was smooth and I was given a room at the back on the 3rd floor - a long walk from the elevators. First impression when getting out of the elevators was the very, very strong smell of cigarette smoke. It's illegal to smoke indoors in the UK but some hotels are allowed to maintain rooms for smokers (a legal loophole). Which is frankly ludicrous as is in this case the smell/smoke permeates through the entire floor. Regardless of any other aspect of the hotel this was enough to make me think 'never again' before I'd even reached my room.

The room was huge and spacious, almost to the point of being silly. Seemed very clean and well appointed. Bathroom was enormous and probably needed some furniture to fill the huge floor space. The decor is not cutting edge and perhaps even a little dated. It's a regal style they are going for with lots of heavy fabric and dark furniture. The bed was super comfortable and importantly the room was quiet despite being above the station.

I didn't eat in the hotel - plenty of great restaurants on Baker Street. And didn't have time to use the gym etc. But as mentioned my entire impression of the property was dented by the stench of cigarette smoke and so wouldn't return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Booked hotel in advance through excellent LHW member deal. Service and hospitality were impeccable from early arrival to late departure with all needs and more considered and efficiently addressed. Suite was peaceful, spotless and tastefully appointed. Brief personal tour of hotel on arrival (if required) to facilitate orientation. Superb spa treatment and care enabled unlimited use of pool - just another example of attention to detail which made the difference. Extensive buffet breakfast and hot alternatives available in comfortable, bright Winter Garden until 11:30am - an unexpected treat with attentive, capable staff. Immediate proximity to Marylebone Station made access to City meetings short and sweet. Alas an all too brief stay. Will definitely consider returning for Sunday Lunch with children.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us so much, and that our team were able to make this stay a memorable one. All our team members work tirelessly to ensure our guests’ needs are anticipated and met, and they will be only too pleased to receive your comments.

I very much look forward to welcoming you and indeed your family back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We just returned from a week's stay at the London Landmark. My boyfriend's company had a conference there so we decided to make it a longer stay in London. Normally, If I were s[ending a week anywhere in Europe, I'd rent a self catering apartment, but since the conference was at the Landmark, we couldn't justify switching our lodging mid week. When we e-mailed them before hand about extending our stay, they were nice enough to offer us the conference rate for the whole week even though the conference was only for 4 days.

Rooms were exceptionally large with comfortable furniture, a nice deep bath and separate glassed in shower. Also nice, is the toilet, that is essentially in a closet of it's own for added privacy. Linens were fresh and bathrobes and slippers were supplied. I also loved that you could turn out all the lights from the switch at the bedside, which also included a reading light above the bed. The bed was quite firm, which I normally like, but the pillows were quite thin and it was difficult for me to sleep well. This also could have been jet lag, so not fair to blame the bed, overall. Hallways, bars and dining halls were all exceptionally beautiful and well kept. The food that we did have at the hotel was decent, however, we opted for less expensive meals off site since we were staying for a week. Conveniently, there is a Marks & Spencer Food right across the rode in Marylebone station. This was great for grabbing quick salads or sandwiches that we stored in the mini bar. There is also a fabulous breakfast/Coffee bar across from the station called Gino's that kept us happy with great coffee and breakfast. The food that we did have at the hotel was decent, we just couldn't justify 29 Pounds each for the hotel breakfast and for the most part, we wanted to get out and see London.

Service ranged from okay to outstanding. Some of the staff lacked English skills, but they made up for it with smiles and positive attitudes. Doormen were always obliging and answered any questions we may have had about London or the surrounding area. The only thing that we found to be an inconvenience was our "balcony". When we arrived in our room, it seemed to be more of a Juliet balcony facing the street, but the doors were welded shut so the option of fresh air was non existent. When we reserved via email we had specifically asked for an outward facing balcony. When we asked about this at the front desk we were told that, for security purposes, the first floor rooms don't have windows that open. We just would have liked to have known this ahead of time.

Although the Landmark was a wonderful treat, I don't think we'd stay here again. It's a bit out of our price range for a trip overseas. However, I would definitely recommend it to others who might be planning a more luxury-minded vacation. As I mentioned before, I prefer to do the self catering thing in Europe and take in the market culture, so it is no fault of the hotel's that I would look elsewhere, just a personal preference. Overall a lovely hotel, great location and pleasant staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay week-long stay with us.

On reading your comments, I am delighted that you chose to extend your stay with us, and that overall both you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time spent with us. In particular, I am pleased that our team members were able to contribute to a memorable visit, and able to assist you with exploring the sights of this great city.

I am very sorry about the miscommunication regarding the windows and option of fresh air. Whilst we do not have the facility of opening windows on the first floor as you correctly point out, we are of course able to do so on alternative floors, and are always willing to do so. I do apologise if this was not made clear to you prior to arrival, and please be assured that I will address it with the relevant teams.

However, I am glad as I hope you are that you chose to spend the additional days with us, and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in London.

I very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome both you and your boyfriend back to our hotel on your next trip overseas.

southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at the Landmark as part of the celebrations for my husband's 60th birthday. On approach, the building doesn't look much but once inside,the Atrium with the Winter Gardens are just beautiful. Our room was lovely. Nice sized, comfortable bed with fluffy pillows and nice cotton sheets. Bathroom wasn't oversized but had everything you needed! Lovely thick towels though. Everything was very clean and there was an enormous TV with lots of channels. Had dinner in the Winter Gardens on our first night. Very enjoyable but watch for extras (bread rolls,veg, potatoes!!). Should be included at that price!! Staff were exceptional we felt. Everyone was helpful and friendly from the doorman to the waiting staff etc. Couldn't do enough for you. 2 gripes...... Having to wait 20 minutes for our breakfast on the Sunday morning (looking at other reviews this has obviously happened before. Why not include the mezzanine floor at busy times?). Also, no free wifi in this day and age. Come on Landmark. Get into the 21st century!! Having said that, we would return. A marvellous place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us to celebrate your husband’s birthday.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your spacious guest room, and that your dinner in our beautiful Winter Garden was made all the more memorable by our dedicated team.

I am deeply sorry that you had to wait for your breakfast on the Sunday morning. This is absolutely not something we would expect, and falls far short of our normal standards. We do regularly open an alternative venue to accommodate all our guests for breakfast; however I am sorry if this was not the case during your stay. Please be assured that any relevant action will be taken to prevent this recurring.

We also take on board your comments regarding our pricing for Internet. We do regularly compare our prcies to those offered by other 5 star hotels in London, and find ours to be in line at all times. However, we do give all our guest feedback due consideration, so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I do hope that we will indeed have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to The Landmark London in the very near future.

Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It was one of my best pals big birthday 50 and 12 of us went to the Landmark for cocktails. It is a beautiful hotel. We sat in the wintergarden and loved every minute. The doorman was so lovely and polite and courteous. The service was fantastic from having doors opened etc. The Olives and salted nuts that were put in little bowls on the table were so tasty. The piano was being played in the background. Wonderful atmosphere. The doorman reminded me of the consierge in Pretty Woman. I will have to go back for afternoon tea!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your visit for your friend’s special celebration.

I am delighted that your day with us was such a success, and that in particular our doormen were able to provide such a memorable welcome to our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service from our team members, as well as the drinks and nibbles served.

Our team delight in receiving such words of praise, so thank you for sharing your comments with us.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, for our lovely Afternoon Tea, drinks or indeed for an overnight stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Landmark London? Share your experiences!