Visited for afternoon tea, with 2 friends. Despite having made a booking, and despite the place not being full, we havd to wait over 10 minutes for our table. All 3 of us liked the look of one of the choices - Chocolate Tea, so we all chose the same option. All the contents of each option were clearly stated in the menu.
The waitress eventually delivered our tea and coffee, along with 3 plates of sandwiches and - inexplicably - 2 stands of chocolates containing no more than 2 of each of the items stated on the menu, and in some cases just 1. How you split 2 or 1 into 3 I don't know! The waitress informed us that we would be served scones at the end of the meal.
Eventually one of our party asked for another coffee. We waited about half an hour before asking another member of staff for the coffee, which came this time. We waited another half hour before asking where the scones were. A less-than-pleased waiter brought them over, still hot - which was nice - and said he would get us knives. 15 minutes later, the supervisor happened to be passing, and we asked her for the knives, which she brought, By this time, the scones had cooled down and were dry and crusty.
All this time one of the dessert glasses remained uncollected on our table. It was also aesthetically displeasing to see so many tables around us that had not been cleared or made up after other guests had left - not what you expect from a professional establishment.
We did complain to the supervisor, and - to be fair - she did discount our bill by 50%, but the experience was still somewhat marred. Why did the staff try to give us less than we'd ordered? Why didn't they turn up with things we'd ordered without reminders from us? They need to get their act together if they're going to offer what is supposed to be an experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Landmark London is situated in fashionable Marylebone in the heart of London and combines classic British elegance and grandeur with deluxe facilities. Encompassing 300 of some of the largest guest rooms in London and three stunning bar and restaurants. The hotel also has a Spa and Health Club including a 15 metre swimming pool and gymnasium. The Landmark is the perfect venue from which to enjoy the sights and sounds of London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, LHW, Orbitz, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, LondonMarketing.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your The Landmark London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark London Hotel London
- The Landmark Hotel London
- Landmark Hotel London
- Landmark London
- The Landmark London England