“Very nice hotel in London downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Landmark London

You added The Landmark London to your Saves list
The Landmark London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #88 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel in London downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

It's a very nice hotel and very well located. The staff are very attentive and the catering is amazing. Great venue for events. The rooms for the events are very big. The only con is that we couldn't get any wifi. But that's not something that makes the hotel any worse :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hotel_Manager_222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and thank you for highlighting the attentiveness of our staff during your stay.

Thank you for selecting The Landmark for your stay in London and we will very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Not being to check in on arrival is probably one of the most common hotel annoyances. This is no doubt a busy hotel during weekdays and I felt very welcomed and was well looked after during my wait. A 5 star checkin/ waiting experience despite the short-fall.

I was provided with a room on the first floor overlooking the station. Double glazed windows meant it was super quiet. The room was large. Air con worked well and Wi Fi had strong signal. Everything from bathroom amenities/ service/ decor were flawless

Breakfast was plentiful but pricey. would suggest you have breakfast included in your package.
I did not experience room service but the menu looked quite expensive. There are plenty of stores selling bottled water/ snacks in the station across the road which cost 80% less than your hotel minibar.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxury hotel experience in London.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for recommending the hotel so favourably follwoing your recent stay with us. It was very kind of you to share your experience and thank you for highlighting the features of our bedrooms and the excellent experience upon your arrival.

Thank you for selecting the Landmark for your stay in London and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband & I held our wedding reception at The Landmark in August 2012 and it was absolutely perfect. The service was impeccable, the food delicious, the ballroom and gazebo for our champagne reception breathtakingly beautiful and our wedding suite was stunning. It really does have a wow factor!

What made it so special was the staff who were so attentive and made all our 250 guests feel very welcomed and were treated exceptionally well. In particular our wedding organiser Greta Outes was our rock and ensured all went smoothly on the day – we would have been lost without her!

We have stayed at The Landmark on my birthday previously and had such a great time and of course every year on our wedding anniversary we will be staying to celebrate. The breakfast is delicious, the staff very helpful and the extra options such as made to order pancakes/crepes were delightful.

Even though we live in London, it feels like we are on holiday as soon as you walk into the hotel. You are able to switch off, enjoy the surroundings and relax. A real gem in a big city full of hotels owned by large chains, this hotel has a real personality of its own and is just stunning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks the atrium for spectacular views over The Winter Gardens.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It was very kind of you to take the time and trouble to share your feedback with us following your wedding.Thank you so much for highlighting Greta in our banqueting department and all her team for the service and warm welcome they gave you and all your guests.
Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our breakfast offering and all the facilities in the hotel. We certianly look forward to welcoming you back on your first anniversary.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My sister brought me here as part of a surprise 40th Birthday. The day started off with a fabulous breakfast in the Winter garden and finished with a Cocktail masterclass with none other than Salvatore. I had not been to the hotel before but as soon as I walked in from the street it was almost as if I had been transported through a portal into a different world. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff was very attentive.

I didn't know it at the time but my sister had booked a cocktail masterclass. When she told me I thought we would make a few standard cocktails - mojitos, pina coladas and then get to sample them, but what actually transpired couldn't have been further from my imagination.

The session started in the aptly named Mirror Bar and Salvatore instantly made us feel very welcome. We sat at the bar and were greeted by a wall of alcohol, pretty much everything you could imagine and once we got behind the bar and into the driving seat, so to speak, it was as if we were in a control centre of sorts. There were so many different pieces of equipment, glasses of different sizes and thickness, which we would later go onto understand makes alot of difference when making certain cocktails. Fresh fruit, juices in glass and not plastic containers - adding to the purity of the drinks, ice and so much more.

Salvatore didn't focus too much on what our favourite cocktails were but instead took the approach of understanding our favourite tastes, which did include alcohol but also textures and fruits. From there he suggested some ideas for cocktails which I had not heard of before and didn't even think could work, but after tasting them you didn't want to put your glass down or the drink to finish.

There was so much precision and care taken to produce the finest cocktail and you could visibly see how much attention to detail there was. And then it was our turn to make the drinks, which is when you realised exactly what goes into making a cocktail and how much fun it can actually be, especially when you see the expression on the face of the person as they sample your creation.

I like to understand why things happen and why use certain techniques and it was very refreshing that the masterclass also delivered on this level aswell. It wasn't just a case of enjoy making a cocktail and then enjoy drinking it, but if you were interested there is plenty of theory to explain why things are done a certain way, which for me just made the experience even more fascinating.

There is so much more I could write about the experience, but I fear doing so would then somehow spoil it for others. I do however just want to say the following three things:

1. It is not very often that you meet someone in life who is so passionate about what they do and are able to make you feel that their purpose is to make sure that you get everything you want from the experience.

2. Up until now I've always known that the secret to great food is the finest ingredients, a fully equipped kitchen to prepare the food and a very knowledgeable and experienced chef. Having been to this masterclass I have now come away with a new appreciation and that is that great cocktails are no different from great food and you need the same 3 ingredients. But in the case of cocktails you need a very knowledgeable and experienced mixologist and not a chef, which I hasten to add Salvatore most definitely is.

3. My sister brought me here 2 months ago and the fact that I have written this review now just shows how much of a memorable experience it was.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your cocktail masterclass with Salvatore in our Mirror Bar. It was a real pleasure to read your excellent comments and equally rewarding to share this with Salvatore who was ecstatic.

We really appreciate you sharing this memorable moment and of course will be only too delighted to welcome you back in the hotel and , of course, to the Mirror Bar

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Grand old hotel in Westminster directly across the street from the Marylebone tube stop, with a covered walkway right to the back entrance of the hotel. Our room was gorgeous & spacious, and even had a U.S. volt electical outlet! The bathroom was huge and had both a tub & a walk-in shower with robes etc. The entire staff was stellar and they left a beautiful birthday package in our room for my mom upon our check-in.Taxis sometimes took awhile to come to the hotel but there is also a taxi-stand across the street in front of the Marylebone tube station. However, queues form there so keep that in mind when going out. We were able to get around everywhere quite easily and I highly recommend! FYI, we got a great deal on the price by deciding to pre-purchase online.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Winter Garden...wonderful view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
The_Landmark_London, Director of Marketing at The Landmark London, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on your recent stay.

Thank you also for your appreciation of our hotel and our team, we always endeavour to provide memorable moments for our guests and we are delighted that we did that for you and your mother. Please do contact us personally in order that we may assist you on your next visit to London.

With kind regards
Sally Beck
Director of Marketing
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hotel is conveniently located , just in front of marylebone station. The staff is particularly friendly and attentive. The atrium is great and I particularly enjoyed the food. The rooms are hi standard - even if tv is not hd and the furniture is not particularly sophisticated.
Rooms are pricy and Internet is not free unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Let me start by saying that this is the most beautiful hotel in the world. Attention to details, from check in to check out. The rooms are large and probably have the biggest marble bathrooms in London. The location is next to Madame Toussoad Museam, (only a short walk) and the service is impeccable, especially in the winter garden. I will recommend this to all of my friend visiting London. I would ike to thank you Cristina, the italian girl in charge of Food and Beverage for looking after us so well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Landmark London? Share your experiences!