“Incredible wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landmark London

You added The Landmark London to your Saves list
The Landmark London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #84 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Incredible wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We held our wedding at the hotel on June 2 2012 and stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. Samantha and her team were fantastic from beginning to end. The ceremony and reception were held in the Drawing Room which is a beautiful wood panelled room. The staff took special care to make sure all of our guests were attended to from beginning to end, allowing us to enjoy our day. We planned this wedding while living abroad and Samantha was quick to incorporate all our requests and answer all our questions during the planning process.
The hotel staff were all warm and friendly and made sure we were well taken care of during our stay. We would highly recommend the Landmark for weddings and other events - their event coordinators, functions rooms and banqueting staff are excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in London. The service is world class, however, the breakfast was a bit expensive. There is a breakfast place across from the hotel run by Mario which is inexpensive, also there is the Marylebone station across from the breakfast place as well as the back entrance of the hotel which make it convenient to travel all the attractions, restaurants and shopping. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in a junior suit it was situated on the 10th floor, it was very quiet and we...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Paignton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

The Landmark is a proper luxury 5* hotel with all that you would expect of the same. This was my second stay, this time for two nights.

The rooms are large for the UK generally and huge for London.

With it's railway hotel origins it is not as centrally located as one might like but the Marylebone tube & rail station and nearby Baker Street tube station make up for this.

The only flaws I found this time were the continued lack of tea and coffee making facilities in room and a general lack of electrical sockets, which I guess is to be expected with a property of this age.

• Stayed February 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was on a business trip to London recently and stayed at the Landmark on Marylebone Road. The hotel exterior is nothing great but the interior is something else, with a central atrium as the main feature. Check in was a little slow although I must admit that it was very early in the morning. The room given to me was very comfortable. My only complaint is that the bathroom did not come with the usual small amenities like a razor/shaver and toothbrush which is a must have in every top notch hotel. I suppose if I had asked, they would have been supplied but I was in a hurry to freshen up for my business meetings. Wifi is free and the signals are strong. Most of the staff were well mannered but I was somewhat disturbed with a staff during breakfast who insisted that I go to the buffet table to get the breakfast eggs. Only when I insisted that I wanted 2 eggs sunny side up did she relent. She could have been more courteous.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a little more than a week on my business trip. Good decent hotel on almost all accounts (room is good for a London hotel, SPA/Gym is decent, location is nice etc), but terrible on one account. They don't pick up phones. This is not based on one bad experience. It happened to me constantly prior to, throughout and after my stay. If you are doubtful, pick up a phone and try to call Landmark hotel number. If you are picked up within 20 rings, you are very lucky. If you call the front desk from your room, it is the same story. (The housekeeping was OK. They picked up my call) It is inconceivable not to pick up guest phones in the hotel business. It was very frustrating experience. I believed they are so thinly staffed. Without this problem I would rate them four stars. But with this reason, I would rate them three. I hope they will take this problem very seriously.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
County Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of May and really could not fault the experience. I have to be honest - we originally booked at our usual London hotel, The Lancaster, but they had a problem... a huge booking hadn't showed on their computer and they asked us to go to their sister-hotel, The Landmark. We were really only in London (with my mother) for a family wedding, so staying in a different hotel wasn't a problem for us. The Landmark was gorgeous, definitely five star London, in my opinion. Both rooms were exceptionally comfortable with superb bathrooms. My mother's room looked down onto the glassed-in atrium and I was delighted that it had a fairly high easy chair. Our room had a lovely sitting area in a little tower. The swimming pool (extra small cost) looked lovely - would that we had had time to swim. Breakfast was superb - in the atrium. The staff were delightful and allowed my mother to stay in her room beyond check-out time on Sunday morning whilst my husband and I went to the church we attended when we lived in London. We then decided to have lunch at the hotel to relax before our train and my mother (aged 85) really can't walk far. Again, this was in the atrium; the food was absolutely delicious but my mother was horrified by the price... this is London and a top hotel! She enjoyed it very much, and we told her she wasn't paying, anyway!
Marylebone was never really on our 'patch' when we lived in London but The Landmark is just over the road from Marylebone mainline station and tube and is very convenient for tube travel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed at The Landmark for four nights (18 - 22 May) to celebrate my 40th birthday, this was our second time at the hotel and wanted to return for this special occassion and we were really glad we decided to come back. We had booked the Capital Break rate and therefore this included champagne on arrival but they also upgraded our room, had a birthday card and chocolate covered stawberries (which were delicious!) all waiting for us upon arrival. :)

The Landmark is grand and classic and that's why I love it so much - if you prefer modern and trendy this may not be for you. The rooms are large and beautifully furnished and the atrium/ winter garden in the middle of the hotel is beautiful. The breakfast was very good, I loved the mini eggs benedict and eggs florentine on the weekend hot buffet and a great selection of fruit!

Most importantly the staff were lovely and very efficient, from the Concierge, to the servers in the Winter Garden and whenever I contacted housekeeping for something, they appeared within minutes. Also a big thanks to reservations, as on both occasions when we've made our initial booking, we have had to change or add something and this was done without fuss and a happy to help attitude.

Location wise it's pefect, Marylebone Tube opposite, within walking distance to Selfridges (!!) and only a short cab ride to Kings Cross.

So this review is really to say a big thanks to The Landmark and all the staff for contributing to a fabulous weekend in London. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room this time which looked over the Winter Garden and it was gorgeous however...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Landmark London? Share your experiences!