“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landmark London

Save Saved
You added The Landmark London to your Saves list
The Landmark London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #105 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Paignton
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed for one night on 30th December, arriving after 9pm following my flight back to the UK so I did not really get as much time as I would have liked to enjoy this excellent traditional hotel which has excellent transport connections with Marylebone train and Underground stations adjacent to the rear and Baker Street underground station nearby.

Rooms are massive for London and very well appointed. Service was excellent, even from the two trainee eastern european receptionists on reception at night who were charming and very pretty.

I would have liked to have taken breakfast and tried the pool in the morning but sadly time did not permit. The only negative points are the lack of tea and coffee making facilities, which force you to leave your room or use room service and the bed I found firmer than I would have liked. I hope to soon return with more time available.

If you are on a budget, you probably should have choosen another hotel but there is a Wetherspoons pub nearby at Baker Street Underground.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your very kind comments , particularly those regarding our reception team and the service received. We do look forward to welcoming you back in order that you may have the time to experience the varied facilities that the hoitel has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance with onward reservations; it will be our pleasure to ensure you have a most enjoyable and relaxing stay once again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two weeks in the Landmark last December 2011, including Christmas and New Year and we must say that the hotel was surprisingly excellent, we were in an executive suite room: Rooms and bathrooms very large and well appointed, extremely attentive service all the time and great restaurants, besides a very complete Spa
The rooms have beautiful views of the atriun and a nice piano is played in the evening

Now, from 10th January 2012 I'm with them once again, this time alone in a double room and again there are only praise to be made.
As I come to London once or twice a year I think I finally found The hotel.
Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much indeed for selecting the hotel thoroughout the Christmas and New Year period and we are equally delighted that you have selected us for a return visit. If there is anything we can do to make this or any other future stay more comfortable , we will be only to pleased to do so.
Thak you so much for selecting the Landmark

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stay at the Landmark a few times a year for business, so know the hotel reasonably well. Decent location--near Regent's Park, Marylebone station, and Baker Street tube station, so easy to get around. The Victorian building is stunning, the rooms spacious, common areas elegant, and the art impressive.

The hotel's software, in contrast, is poor. Breakfast service at the restaurant is somewhere between slow and glacial, even when the restaurant is not busy. The staff are polite but not particularly helpful. Anyone accustomed to the Four Seasons would find the service sub par for a five star hotel.

The most galling aspect of the Landmark is how they nickle and dime you at every turn, despite the hefty room charge. Want to use the Internet in your room? £14.50 per 24 hours, (and watch they don't overcharge you as they have done to me twice). Want to work out in the tiny gym? £10 per visit, unless you stay more than an hour, at which point you pay £15.

If you do stay at the hotel, my advice would be to avoid their overpriced services. For breakfast, there is a bustling place right next door (on the Marylebone Station side). Nothing fancy, but you can find a hearty English breakfast for £7 served by a friendly proprieter. If you want to hit the gym, walk 2 minutes to the nearby LA Fitness where your £15 would provide access to a large and well-equipped facility.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for the sixth floor overlooking Marylebone station.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Dripping in chandeliers, stucco ceilings and beautiful fireplaces. Great food and service. Bizzarely some of the bedrooms do not have any daylight as they are inward facing which I do not like but others might... No tea or coffee making facilities in bedroom. No business centre onsite.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Many thanks indeed for taking the time to share your feedback and delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotels surroundings, food and service. We have a small business centre located in the ground floor beside our Winter Garden which offers complimentary internet access and we will be delighted to extend this facility to you on future stays.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed once in mid-December 2011 and loved this hotel so much that I took my family back just last weekend when we combined a stay with taking advantage of the Get Into London Theatre offers on cheap tickets for shows for January and February.

On both stays I had an Executive room with two double beds. The rooms were very large, comfortable and possibly the nicest I have ever stayed in. The entrance hall and bathroom were both large too. Beds were very comfortable and the standards of cleanliness in this hotel are second to none.

We had breakfast at the hotel on both occasions and it was very good with ample choice on the buffet and the full English was well cooked and tasty too. Coffee was good - I am a coffee snob and the cappuccinos were first class.

The staff at the hotel really do know the meaning of customer service - doors were opened, we were escorted to the taxi rank when we could not find it and also taken to our rooms by the very person who checked us in on both occasions.

We used the trains from nearby Baker Street and also the local bus No 2 from the rear of the hotel to right outside the Apollo Victoria to see Wicked. Location, for us, was ideal.

I have stayed in many top London hotels as I am an Events Organiser and do so hope that I will be able to add this one to my list of venues to be used in future!

Room Tip: Ask for an atrium view room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
It is a real pleasure to read your very kind comments and delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much ,that you further shared the experience once again with your family. It is our pleasure to welcome you and provide such comfortable service and your kind feedback regarding breakfast and our coffee is most welcome, together with the customer service received . Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share this.

Hotel manager
Somerset, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Landmark earns its five stars in my view. The rooms are first class, the food is excellent and the service impeccable. The Landmark have a way of making you feel special and individually served despite the size and scale of the place. On this visit, I was on a tight schedule and needed my luggae sent to my room immediately so that I could dress for my next engagement. The porters always take your luggae from you automatically at the Landamrk and I was worried how long it would take to get to my room. I explained this to the desk clerk who checked me in and in the end he personally brought my bags to my room so that I wasn't delayed at all. A lovely touch. Stay here if you can. Straight opposite a tube station too.

Room Tip: Geeting a room looking inwards in to the hotel atrium gives you a peaceful night's sleep - a rar...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
We were delighted to receive your very kind praise and have shared this with our luggage and concierge teams. It is very pleasing to read how special you feel when staying with us and do hope we can welcome you back in order these memorable moments are repeated once again.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I'll try to keep it short but I tend to get a bit verbose. This was my second stay (first was for business - great option!). Brought my wife for New Year's and it was great again. I'll highlight three areas; 1) Room size and quality - the deluxe room has an entry foyer, small sitting area, sleeping area and a bathroom larger than some hotel rooms in London - the room was larger than many in the US of similar quality. 2) Service - My wife (Italian) and I regularly marvel at the marginal service in "regular" restaurants throughout much of Europe - If I'm paying $300+ for dinner, service is usually good (anywhere). No joke but left three restaurants because no one approached our table after a 10 minutes wait. The hotel recruits younger workers from throughout Europe and clearly instills a commitment to service. We never waited for more than a minutes or two before we were welcomed to their restaurants/bars. One of our favorite bars in London ironically turned out to be the Landmark's Mirror Bar where the creative drinks match the sophistication of the setting. 3) location - we like settings that are more residential or sedate (vs. tourist centers). The Marlebone train/metro station is across the street and two stops from Paddington (for express train to Heathrow). This time we got oyster cards at Paddington station for the week stay and used the metro instead of cabs (I'm sure we saved $400-500 in cab fares).

To a fault, we felt welcomed every time we returned to our "home base" and the feel of the hotel was one more of a residential accommodation with guests who tend to stay longer instead of the crush you may feel in some more touristy hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Your very kind comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to all the team. It was very pleasing indeed to read how much the team had impresssed you and we are very grateful for your kind praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback

Hotel Manager

Been to The Landmark London? Share your experiences!