“Business overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amba Hotel Charing Cross

You added Amba Hotel Charing Cross to your Saves list
Amba Hotel Charing Cross
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Strand, London WC2N 5HX, England (Formerly Charing Cross Hotel) (Trafalgar Square / Embankment)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Advance Saver - 15% off
Ranked #4 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Copenhagen
“Business overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very pleasant stay. Staff friendly and professional. I really like that there are milk in the mini-bar so that there is proper tea/cofee options. Location is great. Division of breakfast in breakfast could be better

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Amba Charing Cross is amazing! The staff are so welcoming, helpful and kind. They made my Mum and I feel really special and went out of their way to make it an unforgettable experience. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are spotlessly clean and have everything you need and more. The breakfast was delicious, as was our evening meal. Excellent location. Thank you for a wonderful weekend - I would love to come back to this hotel!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Horgen, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a wonderful stay in London. I stayed with my husband and my 2 teenaged daughters for 10 nights in the Amba Hotel. We all felt very well, Service excellent and Staff very kind. Location of the Hotel is perfect! We could visit a lot of famous spots by walk. And the Tube is just "under" the hotel. I can recommend the Amba Hotel and next time I visit London, I will stay there for sure!

Room Tip: Executive Double Suite
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Recently stayed for 2 nights, for business. Had previously stayed, but decided to use other venues in the area. Since being rebranded after a purchase, I had heard their had been improvements. All I can say is the staff were excellent. Rooms and facitlities 100% improvement. This is hotel is now operating at an excellent standard, with modern 'clean' facilites. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. Well done.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I had the most amazing time at this beautiful, elegant, and fantastic hotel. I mentioned to the hotel that we were celebrating an anniversary and Joyce in particular made our stay so special, it blew us away. There was champagne, snacks, and a card waiting in our room after we got back one night.

The hotel is located in central London right next to the tube and has a fantastic breakfast in the am.

Every aspect of this stay is perfect. We were so lucky to get to stay here and look forward to returning.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
FAIRFAX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference, based on others' reviews of the service. Not only is the service top notch, but the hotel itself is beautiful, clean, and as many reviewers point out, in a GREAT location. It's a block from Trafalgar Square; Big Ben is nearby, the Thames is around the corner, and St James Park & Hyde Park are within walking or running distance. I ran every day from the hotel, either along the river or at the parks. (Don't try to run along the river on a weekend morning, unless it's really early, otherwise you won't be able to move!). Another perk, as many others have said, is the Nespresso machine in the room. I lived off of that, and when I got home, I bought one! And unlike in the U.S., this hotel provides you with a snack bar at no charge. Arriving late from the U.S. on Friday night, this was definitely a bonus! They provide water and other drinks too. There is great shopping right next door, tons of restaurants, and a busy night life all around. And surprisingly, the hotel was quiet at night -- I had no trouble sleeping. Next time I'm in London, this is my hotel! Love this place.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Buckingham wing (I think that's what it was called -- you cross over the street...
Utrecht Province, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

During my stay for the London Marathon I stayed for 4 days in this hotel. Such a bless! Staff is very friendly and pro-active in service! Some staff even spoke Dutch! They make you feel at home, good in-room dinner menu's, nice bed and tv for relaxing. Public transport just a few steps away from your hotel, and the very best - very close after the finish of the London Marathon! If I visit London again, I will first look out for a reservation in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Amba Hotel Charing Cross? Share your experiences!