“The best hotel we've ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amba Hotel Charing Cross

You added Amba Hotel Charing Cross to your Saves list
Amba Hotel Charing Cross
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Strand, London WC2N 5HX, England (Formerly Charing Cross Hotel) (Trafalgar Square / Embankment)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Advance Saver - 15% off
Ranked #4 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“The best hotel we've ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My boyfriend and I had the most amazing time at this beautiful, elegant, and fantastic hotel. I mentioned to the hotel that we were celebrating an anniversary and Joyce in particular made our stay so special, it blew us away. There was champagne, snacks, and a card waiting in our room after we got back one night.

The hotel is located in central London right next to the tube and has a fantastic breakfast in the am.

Every aspect of this stay is perfect. We were so lucky to get to stay here and look forward to returning.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
FAIRFAX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference, based on others' reviews of the service. Not only is the service top notch, but the hotel itself is beautiful, clean, and as many reviewers point out, in a GREAT location. It's a block from Trafalgar Square; Big Ben is nearby, the Thames is around the corner, and St James Park & Hyde Park are within walking or running distance. I ran every day from the hotel, either along the river or at the parks. (Don't try to run along the river on a weekend morning, unless it's really early, otherwise you won't be able to move!). Another perk, as many others have said, is the Nespresso machine in the room. I lived off of that, and when I got home, I bought one! And unlike in the U.S., this hotel provides you with a snack bar at no charge. Arriving late from the U.S. on Friday night, this was definitely a bonus! They provide water and other drinks too. There is great shopping right next door, tons of restaurants, and a busy night life all around. And surprisingly, the hotel was quiet at night -- I had no trouble sleeping. Next time I'm in London, this is my hotel! Love this place.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Buckingham wing (I think that's what it was called -- you cross over the street...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Utrecht Province, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

During my stay for the London Marathon I stayed for 4 days in this hotel. Such a bless! Staff is very friendly and pro-active in service! Some staff even spoke Dutch! They make you feel at home, good in-room dinner menu's, nice bed and tv for relaxing. Public transport just a few steps away from your hotel, and the very best - very close after the finish of the London Marathon! If I visit London again, I will first look out for a reservation in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Cardross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Had great weekend at this hotel. So many attractions within walking distance, plus subway and train station below hotel. Hotel highlight Faulty Towers lunch on Saturday . Fantastic entertainment although food average. All hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were at rear on 6th floor, very quiet
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is an absolutely beautiful property in the perfect spot in London for making a walking tour of the city, but its uniqueness lies in its impeccable service. The front desk and concierge were helpful with every aspect of our trip, from restaurant recommendations and reservations to where we should cab and where we should tube.

And I have to single out Norbert from the concierge desk, who absolutely saved my butt by personally hand delivering the iPad I left behind in my room to the airport before my flight left the country. I didn't have time to backtrack so he actually jumped on the express train and met me at the airport...and arrived with my iPad and a smile on his face. I think that pretty much sums up the excellent staff at Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Another unbelievable stay in the Amba hotel! Myself and my boyfriend stayed about 2 months ago and received the most incredible level of service from the hotel staff – so much so that we returned again for a second time.

Everything about the hotel is just perfect: The location, the rooms – large, quiet and comfy, the gym, the value for money and best of all the staff. They are all so friendly which makes you feel at home, and they went above and beyond to make our stay memorable!

A special thanks to Miguel, the reception manager who looked after us so well and made sure every detail of our trip was perfect!! I wouldn’t say I’m one to write many review on Trip Advisor but I want to let everyone know about this absolute gem of a hotel. Top class customer service and I’m genuinely so delighted they are ranked number 4 in London on Trip Advisor because they absolutely deserve it.

Thanks again for the amazing stay!! We’ll be back soon!

Room Tip: King Size Executive rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Considerable improvement on the former Charing Cross Hotel. The staff are excellent and the rooms very comfortable. Good idea the free minibar - soft drinks and snacks - and wifi is very fast - and free!!

Great location for theatres, the Embankment etc. I still think the prices are on the high side, even if this is London.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Amba Hotel Charing Cross? Share your experiences!