“Fabulous staff and hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amba Hotel Charing Cross

You added Amba Hotel Charing Cross to your Saves list
Amba Hotel Charing Cross
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Strand, London WC2N 5HX, England (Formerly Charing Cross Hotel) (Charing Cross / Trafalgar Square)   |
Ranked #41 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Fabulous staff and hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

On arrival at the Charing Cross hotel for a 2 night stay over a weekend, we were welcomed with extremely friendly staff. I was wished happy birthday and a complimentary bottle of wine was sent to my room with truffle chocolates. So nice of them.

The room we were given however was a double and my mum and I needed a twin and although they struggled to upgrade us, after a discounted fee we were upgraded to a gorgeous executive room.
The room was clean and well decorated. The beds were so comfortable with such a nice shower too.

We felt very relaxed returning there after a full day in London. The atmosphere was just so lovely with beautiful flowers everywhere and candles creating a lovely mood.

Overall a lovely hotel with staff that go out of their way to help.

Room Tip: Go for executive if available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you chose Charing Cross Hotel on your recent trip to London to celebrate your birthday and I am delighted the team did their utmost to make you and your mother feel special.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Glenn Hallam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Turkish first
Meran, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is one of the most beautiful old houses in central London. The location is ideal for each visitors to London. The rooms are new, very clean and the staff is very friendly. A big thank you to the very friendly and helpful concierge Jose.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments posted on Trip Advisor following a recent stay at Charing Cross Hotel.

I am pleased that the team provided you with a superb service and I hope that Charing Cross Hotel will be your first choice on your next trip to London.

Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family (2 adults and 2 children) stayed at the Charing Cross Hotel for 4 nights from July 22-26th. from the first impression to the lasting impressions, the hotel and especially staff exceeded my expectations in every way. Patricia, Stephen, Pablo, Javier, Tony...EVERYONE (I cannot remember all the GREAT staff members names)...but...EVERYONE without exception consistently went above and beyond the norm to say a friendly hello and inquire about or day and our stay. The location of the Hotel is by far one of the best locations I've stayed at in a major city...ALL other reviews say that...and...It's true. You can walk to the most frequently visited attractions, museums, The Thames River and London Eye, Covent Gardens, Buckingham Palace...etc. The daily breakfast is also excellent and we did the Fawlty Towers dining experience and had a BALL! Some people have mentioned that it can be a bit noisy at night, but I have found that is the case with every hotel that is located near all the action so we expected it may be a bit noisy and were pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was not a problem at all...In my opinion this has it all - condition, location and price, but the really great thing that sets the Charing Cross Hotel apart is the attitude and helpfulness of the staff. Other Hotels could take lessons from these guys and girls! Thanks Charing Cross staff-You made a stay in London even More memorable than I thought possible. If we are ever in London again we will stay with you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I couldn’t be more pleased with such a brilliant feedback about your recent stay at Charing Cross Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and express your sincere appreciation of the team’s friendliness and professionalism.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at Charing Cross Hotel.

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I actually sat down to write this because the service and hotel staff deserves recognition. We are two norwegians travelling. We checked in to the hotel late in the evening, staying for 6 nights. Candles lit up the hallway and the stairs. Our room was perfect, and as we stayed at the hotel during the heatwave in London the aircondition was magic. Clean and delicate room. Internet was also fast and excellent for using netflix, alltough the tv had a great variety of channels. The breakfast was a typical british breakfast, but served warm and fresh. We were followed to our table, where toasted bread, coffee and tea was served. I'll tell more about the service later on. (important notice!) We could choose between different varieties of toppings, yoghourts, cereals and fruits. Bacon, sausages, mushroom and croissants was also available. I brought with me a couple of croissants every morning because the were so tasty. We also did a midnight roomservice the last day when we ordered two steaks. Wonderful taste and cooked just the way we ordered, served together with some lettuce and crispy potatoe sticks and peppersauce. I would like to point out the excellent service we recieved, Cheerfull and really helpfull staff. I would like to point out the woman who had recently begun working there and the man who helped me out with a pillow because i misunderstood him and thought there was microfiber pillows. (I can't stand sleeping in microfiber, but of course everyting was down feathers as i wanted) All staff members were very concerned that we were going to have a great stay. When we asked for a late checkout this was no problem and when we checked out they stored our luggage until we had to catch the train back to the airport. They even printed out and gave us two options (one fast, and one a bit slower but cheaper train travel.) Thankyou Tomasz for the checkout, and Carolina for fixing the late checkout. Again thanks for great service and making our london trip just the way we wanted it to be.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your effort in making us aware of your recent wonderful experience at Charing Cross Hotel by posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that the team provided a superb service and perhaps made your stay truly enjoyable.

Should you require assistance with your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact the Hotel directly and we will endeavour to give you another comfortable stay.

RYDE,ISLE OF WIGHT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just had a lovely weekend here. Can't find fault at all. The staff,the cleanliness,the food, the service were all top rate. Its so close to lots of things that London has to offer.Very easy access to rail, bus and taxi.hundreds of good restaurants and pubs close by. I would recommend to stay here to all my friends. And for me the pillows were as comfortable as at home, which is often a problem. If I'm picky one light in the bathroom was flickering, but it was not a problem, and I'm sure if I had mentioned it, it would of been resolved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback posted on Trip Advisor following a recent stay at Charing Cross Hotel.

I am pleased that you had a fantastic time at our Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back.

West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for the weekend at the end of June. I would recommend to anyone it's a great hotel the rooms are very spacious & clean, breakfast was good plenty of choice. I went on a weekend break with friends and although it is a little pricey I would recommend because of the location.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that the Hotel’s location suited your requirement.
Regarding the breakfast rate, I assure you that the Hotel is competitively priced and we also offer a la carte menu as an alternative.

Thank you for your favourable comments and I hope you will visit us once again.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The best and only place to stay in London perfectly situated whatever your plans, sightseeing, shows, river trips all within walking distance. Upgraded to executive twin which proved to be a great decision as such lovely comfy beds with every facility provided. Share previous reviewers views re staff. So refreshing to stay in a London hotel and feel that the staff genuinely were pleased to have you stay. A smile and friendly word was had from everyone we met from the moment we checked in at reception till collected luggage from concierge. If you are looking for a haven in hectic central London then Charing Cross is the place. Now planning to return to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary next March as such a special place.

Carolina & team are amazing- don't change a thing!

Room Tip: Room 886 lovely & quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Amba Hotel Charing Cross? Share your experiences!