arrived early and was able to check-in which was a bonus as we could leave our bags and go for a walk. Well appointed room with everythig you could need for a 1 night stay and a very comfortable bed.
Attention to detail was a little lacking at breakfast. We were shown to a table which had been relaid, but without the milk or butter being topped up, and were given hot drinks and told that someone would bring toast, and that we should help ourselves to the hot and cold choices from the buffet. I decided to have some cereal and all the bowls were hot and hubby opted for hot breakfast and yes the plates were all cold, maybe its just me but i like cereals in a cold bowl and hot food on a hot plate. We eventually asked for toast as it hadn't appeared as promised and it arrived without too much delay, we then helped ourselves to butter from another table and milk for the tea from the cold buffet. Minor details admitted but not what I expect from a 4* hotel. We had a few problems getting into the room as the swipe card kept deactivating itself so had to go to reception to sort this problem out but it didn't work so had to ask the housekeeper who happened to be around to let us in. When I told the receptionist on the way out that there may be a problem with the door to our room I might as well have been talking gobbledegook as she clearly had no idea what I was talking about. I work with many people who do not speak English as their first language but rarely have such a problem making myself understood, very frustrating!!
This hotel is in a very good location for many attractions, theatreland, covent garden, leicester square to name a few so very convenient and easy to find as its right beside Charing Cross Station.
- Also Known As:
- Charing Cross Hotel London
- Charing Cross London
- Thistle Charing Cross
- Thistle Charing Cross Hotel
- Charing Cross Hotel London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized Victorian-era Railroad Hotel adjacent to Charing Cross Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Charing Cross Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.