I stayed at the hotel over the Christmas weekend. First off the location cannot be beat. You have two tube stations at the hotel (embankment and charing cross, which is also a train station). You can walk to Trafalgar Square, Picadilly CIrcus, Leiceter Square, and Covent Gardens within 10-15 minutes maximum. If you enjoy a nice quick run, I highly recommend you run down Whitehall up to Buckingham Palace then back along the park.
There is free internet on the computer right next to the staircase on the main floor. Very convenient.
The room was large enough for one, perhaps two --- it isn't like you are staying in the room all day. The bathroom was larger than most European bathrooms. Overall the property was clean, well kept and just perfect for my weekend visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden, come and discover what a hotel stay should really be like at the New Amba Hotel Charing Cross, an oasis of calm housed within a beautiful, Grade II listed building. Every aspect of the hotel has been designed by our guests, including unlimited, fast, free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel, complimentary mini-bars and Nespresso™ machines in all rooms - all at no extra charge. Get more from your stay at the 4-star central London Amba Hotel Charing Cross ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, LondonMarketing.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Amba Hotel Charing Cross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charing Cross Hotel London
- Charing Cross London
- Thistle Charing Cross Hotel
- Amba Hotel Charing Cross London, England