“Wonderful hotel, perfect location a wonderful trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Southampton Row | Bloomsbury, London WC1B 4BH, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #453 of 1,062 Hotels in London
Sleaford
“Wonderful hotel, perfect location a wonderful trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We recently visited for our daughters 6th Birthday treat - we stayed in a family room on the 6th floor. From check in to check out everything was seamless and I cannot report one single complaint. We are a family of 3 and were given two King sized beds which was magical for our little girl. The bar area by the lobby is beautiful, very contemporary, good menu and given the location very reasonable. Our room was spacious for the 3 of us, very well set up and we had all we needed even our cookies. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. We were within a 10 min walking distance of Oxford Street and on the way you pass lots of lovely little shops. You also pass the British Museum (free) and some nice bars and coffee shops, it is a beautiful area. The NCP Car Park is just down the road (5mims walk) parking was £30 for 24 hrs and all very secure. We had a magical time, shopping, dining and enjoying a few drinks and will certainly be staying at this hotel for future visits. Many Thanks to Doubletree by Hilton for making it so wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe family room with no views but given the location we didn't expect one. We were...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed the facilities as well as our fantastic location. We hope to have the pleasure of being your host again in the near future and if I may be of assistance with future reservations, please contact me directly on p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Turkish first
Telford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

On arrival at 2pm we orders some lunch in the bar which was excellent. I was impressed with the staffs' attitude and the value considering we were just off the strand.

Our room was a double deluxe, great bed, nice room overall but we were low down at the front and cons midnight the continuing traffic hampered our sleep after a hard days sightseeing.

Overall I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel but try and get a room in a quieter location

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your kind review and I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and facilities. Thank you also for recognising our caring team members. We will certainly be delighted to welcome you back and ensure that you are allocated a higher floor on your next stay.
Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Best regards,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our room was clearly designed as a single as the double bed was actually up against the wall on two sides which meant that I had to climb over my recumbent parter in order to get in and out. Probably about 4 feet clearance between the other two sides of the bed and the room walls so only very small cats could be swung if needed. One broken reading lamp, wiring on towel heater in bathroom secured in place with a lot of duct tape (not sure that this is actually legal in a bathroom?) and generally a few chips and scrapes on the walls, doors and sills.
Nothing wrong enough to kick up a stink about, but enough to mark it down to an average rating on Tripadvisor on account of the relative expense vs quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a full sized double, not a converted single.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologise profusely for failing to meet expectations on this occasion and rest assured that the highlighted issues will be addressed immediately. Due to the historical nature of our building, our rooms do vary in size, but it would be our pleasure to ensure that you receive a bigger room the next time you decide to stay with us. Please contact me directly at p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com when you are planning your next trip to London and I will ensure that every aspect of your stay is given the highest attention.

We do hope to have the opportunity of being your host again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Buckinghamshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I recently booked a table for 4 as a treat to my nieces for doing well in their exams. Last year a friend and I had afternoon tea at the Hilton London Green Park, where we offered an excellent service, where our special request of halal sandwiches was acknowledged. Moreover, there was excellent customer service with generous refills and the atmosphere was brilliant. In this vein, I had booked this afternoon tea with the Doubletree by Hilton. Although, the staff were helpful in accomodating our drinks request, I was hoping for a Hilton inspired afternoon. However, I have now realised that just because the name Hilton is in the overall name of this hotel, sadly, the service matched nowhere near. For £50, the four of us had enough tea but sadly nothing else. Very disappointing afternoon.

HNS

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Huma_23,

Thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent Afternoon Tea experience with us. I will be certain to address your comments with our Food & Beverage department to ensure that the service provided is consistently up to the highest standards.

We do hope to have the opportunity to make matters up to you by welcoming you back on another occasion and providing the level of service that you are accustomed to.

Yours Faithfully,

Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

From the moment we arrived in a group of four we were made welcome. The desk staff could not have been more helpful. They were smart, efficient and did everything with a smile.

The room: Clean and comfortable although for a four star, a wee bit small. And as with many hotels in December the room temperature was high, although the air con soon brought that down to a comfortable level. The rooms were equipped with tea and coffee facilities and an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was very clean and well equipped.

The only meal we had was breakfast that consisted of the usual options and choices, and produce was of a very high standard.

The location is very good.

We only stayed for one night but all agreed we would be happy to return. A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you kindly for the wonderful review. We really appreciate your comments and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity of being your host again soon. In the meantime may I take this opportunity of wishing you a very Happy New Year from all of us at the DoubleTree by Hilton London-West End

edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed for four nights. We booked the standard room and were told at reception that we could have a free upgrade to a de-lux room. The de-lux room was small and disappointing in terms of size. I would certainly not have accepted a room any smaller than this one. I felt rather clausdrophobic throughout the entire stay but at least London has much to offer and you only have to sleep in the room. We seemed to have a problem with the heating. You never knew when it was on or off as the light indicator went off as soon as you set the temperture. I awoke throughout the night having to open the window (December temperature) and by the end of the four days I had a cold. The size of the room and the heating was the only two negatives. The young man on arrival was very friendly. You get a warm cookie which is delicious. The room was clean and the bedding and pillows etc. were of four star quality. The bathroom was big enough. Toiletries were four star. The only thing missing in the room, I would say, is bathrobe and slippers. There is also no mini-bar but this is not too important. WiFi is free for one hour in the lobby so this was ok for us. The buffet breakfast was very good and it was great to see the smiley face of SEBINE every day. She was always smiing and friendly. Never any different. In fact all the staff were very well trained. As for the 12.5 % charge that is put on in various restaruants AND BARS in London including this hotel. DO NOT PAY IT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO. It is illegal and not compulsary. I was charged it twice (not here as I did not eat here). Once in the Indian restaurant along the road and once in the bar at the top of Centre point. I refused to pay it on BOTH occasions and it was taken off. So NEVER PAY IT ANYWHERE unless you really want to. It is at your discretion and when I am charged it I never pay it and never leave a tip. When I am not charged it I leave a tip when I recieve good service and food only. Know your rights. I was in room 414. A good pub is The Swan for food and a drink beside the hotel if you want to eat nearby. Go out the main door and walk along a bit then turn right onto a side street. Good basis food and a good pint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. We will certainly ensure that all the issues raised are shared with the team and that the appropriate action is taken where necessary. I am pleased that you had a positive stay overall, however I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room size and heating. I hope that we will have an opportunity of making this up to you in future and I can assure you that we will arrange a fantastic upgrade for you. I have asked our Housekeeping team to investigate why the heating was not operating correctly and why you did not have bathrobes in your room, as these items are always to be checked before allocating the room to our guests.

Thank you also for the feedback with regards to service charge and you are absolutely correct in stating that it is optional. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast every Morning and I will personally thank Sabine who yet again proved to be a wonderful asset to our hotel with her positive hospitality.

Please do contact me directly if you wish to discuss any matter of your stay further. In the meantime I wish you a very Happy New Year and I hope to have the opportunity of being your host again in 2013.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We visited London for holiday and then business at the Wellcome Trust, staying 6 days. The room was way in the back facing the side street and very quiet. Services were fine, though we didn't stay around a lot. We had breakfast and tea in the member's lounge which was fine, though they do not keep it well stocked, especially towards the end of the hours. Plan to be there early if you want something to eat.

I would return, especially being this close to the British Museum. It is half way between tube stops , but the walk is not bad

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying and for taking the time to write us a nice review. I have shared your feedback regarding the Executive Lounge not being well stocked at the end of service and the Team will monitor this closely moving forward. We are pleased that you had an overall positive stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End? Share your experiences!