Our room was clearly designed as a single as the double bed was actually up against the wall on two sides which meant that I had to climb over my recumbent parter in order to get in and out. Probably about 4 feet clearance between the other two sides of the bed and the room walls so only very small cats could be swung if needed. One broken reading lamp, wiring on towel heater in bathroom secured in place with a lot of duct tape (not sure that this is actually legal in a bathroom?) and generally a few chips and scrapes on the walls, doors and sills.
Nothing wrong enough to kick up a stink about, but enough to mark it down to an average rating on Tripadvisor on account of the relative expense vs quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 215 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Executive rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton London - West End England