We stayed for four nights. We booked the standard room and were told at reception that we could have a free upgrade to a de-lux room. The de-lux room was small and disappointing in terms of size. I would certainly not have accepted a room any smaller than this one. I felt rather clausdrophobic throughout the entire stay but at least London has much to offer and you only have to sleep in the room. We seemed to have a problem with the heating. You never knew when it was on or off as the light indicator went off as soon as you set the temperture. I awoke throughout the night having to open the window (December temperature) and by the end of the four days I had a cold. The size of the room and the heating was the only two negatives. The young man on arrival was very friendly. You get a warm cookie which is delicious. The room was clean and the bedding and pillows etc. were of four star quality. The bathroom was big enough. Toiletries were four star. The only thing missing in the room, I would say, is bathrobe and slippers. There is also no mini-bar but this is not too important. WiFi is free for one hour in the lobby so this was ok for us. The buffet breakfast was very good and it was great to see the smiley face of SEBINE every day. She was always smiing and friendly. Never any different. In fact all the staff were very well trained. As for the 12.5 % charge that is put on in various restaruants AND BARS in London including this hotel. DO NOT PAY IT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO. It is illegal and not compulsary. I was charged it twice (not here as I did not eat here). Once in the Indian restaurant along the road and once in the bar at the top of Centre point. I refused to pay it on BOTH occasions and it was taken off. So NEVER PAY IT ANYWHERE unless you really want to. It is at your discretion and when I am charged it I never pay it and never leave a tip. When I am not charged it I leave a tip when I recieve good service and food only. Know your rights. I was in room 414. A good pub is The Swan for food and a drink beside the hotel if you want to eat nearby. Go out the main door and walk along a bit then turn right onto a side street. Good basis food and a good pint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 215 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Executive rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton London - West End England