“Westminter Derek” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End

You added DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Southampton Row | Bloomsbury, London WC1B 4BH, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #474 of 1,065 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Westminter Derek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice hotel located in the west end of london, very clean hotel and pleasant staff. Nice out of the way bar located on the 2nd floor w/a interesting display of whiskey bottles. The main floor features a nice looking restaurant w/a tasty menu. Apple computers in every room. To catch the tubes about a 20 minute walk. 20 minute walk to Big Ben, Parliament and Westminster Abbey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Turkish first
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Me and my other half stayed here on a Saturday night. We were met by a very friendly receptionist who gave us our room card straight away and some cookies. The room was small but nice, modern and clean. I heard quite a lot of banging during the night I presume would be the lift as were right next to it. When we went for breakfast we had to wait some time to be seated. We were not offered any tea or coffee. We had to ask a passing waiter. There were no plates available, or glasses for juice. We had to wait a substantial time for these to become available. The biggest problem was that a lot of food and drink had ran out and was not replaced. Because of these issues with the breakfast I don't think we would stay here again. It we compare to a premier inn we found there breakfast is much better and obviously much cheaper.

• Stayed November 2012
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your room’s cleanliness and decoration, and that our reception welcomed you with their usual friendliness. However, I was concerned to learn about all the issues that you experienced at breakfast, having to wait for service and the food not being replenished. I have raised that concern with the relevant department for them to improve and re-train where necessary. Please let me assure you that the issues witnessed are a complete exception to our usual high standards, as our guest’s comfort and satisfaction are our top priority.
We hope to have the opportunity of being your hosts the next time that you are in London, and to provide you with the great and rewarding experience that we strive to give to our guests.

U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked this through late rooms and it was excellent value at £70.00 room only. A bit of a walk from the tube but very central location great access to sights and attractions and of course the west end. The room was very nicely decorated & when you check in they give you warm cookies!! Room was quite small but really lovely, comfy bed, pillows were ok. No iron in room but housekeeping brought one up in no time. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you had a chance to try our delicious cookie and comfortable Sweet Dreams Experience.

We do hope to welcome you back the next time that you are in London,

EASTBOURNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Didn't have the best experience earlier this year when we stayed at the Hotel. The manager dealt with my comments well and I think appropriately- he was honest and din't fob me off which I respect!. We were offered another stay and were upgraded to an executive room which was lovely, clean, with fresh fruit on arrival. The champagne on ice for our anniversary which was promised never materialised but- as there were other generosities i.e. free drinks in the executive lounge with canapes for 2 hours in the early evening- and our non staying guests whom we were meeting were allowed to join us - made up for this.I was shocked on night 2 to see a fellow guest pinch an opened bottle bottle of sparkling from the lounge and hide it under his coat before taking it to his room - People like this spoil these things for others. ALL staff members were polite, corteous and helpful. Breakfast was delicious, a good choice and well prepared. Only downside- was we had to ask Maid to clean our room as we had been overlooked andd therefore had to vacate the room when we could have crashed out - however it was done immediately. We would return -great location x

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so much for staying again and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am so pleased that things were very much to your standard on this occasion. We look forward to being your host again in the near future.

Best regards,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 5 days on a business trip and it was not a good experience at any stage
I booked a double room and on arrival got checked into a box sized room with a strong stench of smoke and I complained and was given a second room with no minibar. I had to go back to reception to ask for another change and was initially told that the double rooms at £223 per night are not all equipped with a minibar! After almost over 30 mins they decided to give me a third room with a minibar and doesn't smell either.
Then comes to service, I found the reception staff very rude and tried to order room service on the first night. The room service number rings forever and never gets answered. I called reception and the lady just transferred me back to the room service line and same issue again. After the 3rd attempt some picked up and the line cut half way to placing my order.there was no ring back and I had to call back and start all over again. The meal arrived after about 45 mins and was just ok.
Next morning ordered room service breakfast for 6:30-7:00 am delivery. Called room service at 7:15 and they said the food will arrive in 10 mins! Food arrived at 7:30 and I tried to complain to the waiter her response was "no staff" dropped the food by door and walked away. Had my meal and left the tray outside my room. The tray sat there until I came back in the evening and this was the case for the four days. The trays are only picked if I order room service for dinner. Your orders are hadly repeated to confirm and delivery times are inconsistent. I had little choice as my ceroom rate included dinner and breakfast (I guess my mistake).

The house keeping staff was dreadful too. My wife stayed in the room for a couple of days during the daytime hours and the staff once opened the door into the room without knocking to check if anyone was in! Luckily it was a lady. The cleaning was done in less than a minute too.

The breakfast order cards were supposed to be replaced every day but they never did so I had to call room service and on one occasion it took 3 hours to get it to my room.

Finally on the day I was checking out, the reception staff bungled my bill and was charging me for prepaid dinners and it took another 30 mins to sort out.

I'm spending time to write this cus I have previously worked in a Hilton as a student and stayed in other ones as a business traveller and no comes close to this guys in terms of dreadful standards.

I hope the management reads this and do something about it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
I am very concerned to hear about all the different issues that you encountered during your stay, and appreciate your gesture in bringing this up to our attention. Your comments are the prime element of our continuous improvement and allow us to take the necessary actions to ensure that all our guests are experiencing the great service that we are renowned for.
I am truly sorry that you weren’t satisfied with your room’s condition and amenities and that it took such time to accommodate you in a suitable room.
If you are planning on returning to the hotel, do contact me directly and I will make sure all aspects of your stay are given the very best attention.

Belfast, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton West End on a lastminute.com deal. We arrived before the usual check in time on Sunday, but were able to check in straight away and were upgraded to a Superior Room. I wonder how bijoux a standard room is. To be fair, they make the most of the space. Service on the front desk was friendly and staff were helpful. The room was very clean and had everything you need - including Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries, decent hairdryer, iron/board, kettle and unstocked fridge. The best thing about the hotel is the location - it's minutes from the British Museum, a short walk from Covent Garden and the West End, and on plenty of bus routes and close to tubes. Commuting to Gatwick airport was easy as there is a bus directly from St Pancras train station to the hotel door. Oh, and you get a rather yummy warm chocolate chip cookie on check in. Nice touch!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our tasty welcome cookie and that you found our staff friendly and helpful, and your room to be well appointed. We strive to provide the highest standard and satisfaction to our guest and it is very pleasant to receive such a positive feedback. However, I am sorry that you weren’t entirely pleased by your room’s size. Our building does have a historical structure, and due to this our room sizes do vary throughout the property.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in London

Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Centrally located hotel with old fashion and classical but comfortable furnishing. Everything is average in this hotel nothing special including service . Ideal for 2-3 days business visit stays if your meeting place is in walking distance ...

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We are glad that you have found our hotel comfortably furnished and ideally located, and that you would recommend it to business guests.
As we strive to provide excellence in service and accommodation and our guests satisfaction is our top priority, we would greatly welcome the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations on this new occasion.

Please do not hesitate to contact us the next time you plan to travel to London, and we will make sure that all aspects of your stay are given the best attention.

Hotel Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End? Share your experiences!