We stayed in this hotel for 5 days on a business trip and it was not a good experience at any stage
I booked a double room and on arrival got checked into a box sized room with a strong stench of smoke and I complained and was given a second room with no minibar. I had to go back to reception to ask for another change and was initially told that the double rooms at £223 per night are not all equipped with a minibar! After almost over 30 mins they decided to give me a third room with a minibar and doesn't smell either.
Then comes to service, I found the reception staff very rude and tried to order room service on the first night. The room service number rings forever and never gets answered. I called reception and the lady just transferred me back to the room service line and same issue again. After the 3rd attempt some picked up and the line cut half way to placing my order.there was no ring back and I had to call back and start all over again. The meal arrived after about 45 mins and was just ok.
Next morning ordered room service breakfast for 6:30-7:00 am delivery. Called room service at 7:15 and they said the food will arrive in 10 mins! Food arrived at 7:30 and I tried to complain to the waiter her response was "no staff" dropped the food by door and walked away. Had my meal and left the tray outside my room. The tray sat there until I came back in the evening and this was the case for the four days. The trays are only picked if I order room service for dinner. Your orders are hadly repeated to confirm and delivery times are inconsistent. I had little choice as my ceroom rate included dinner and breakfast (I guess my mistake).
The house keeping staff was dreadful too. My wife stayed in the room for a couple of days during the daytime hours and the staff once opened the door into the room without knocking to check if anyone was in! Luckily it was a lady. The cleaning was done in less than a minute too.
The breakfast order cards were supposed to be replaced every day but they never did so I had to call room service and on one occasion it took 3 hours to get it to my room.
Finally on the day I was checking out, the reception staff bungled my bill and was charging me for prepaid dinners and it took another 30 mins to sort out.
I'm spending time to write this cus I have previously worked in a Hilton as a student and stayed in other ones as a business traveller and no comes close to this guys in terms of dreadful standards.
I hope the management reads this and do something about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 215 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Executive rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton London - West End England