Dont get me wrong we are not picky at all but when you know better what it should be than hotel staff -it is worrying. Very poor managing and directing staff thats for sure it seems noone knows what they doing aand if you approach them for an answer as many people you ask as many asnwers you get, pick the one you like best.
We arrived at the hotel 2-30 pm and was told our room not going to be ready for another hour or so which wasnt a problem we left a luggage and went for a walk around . when we got back we were told that we cant get an upgrade as a gold HHonors member because there was no rooms available fair enough but when we were shown our room the air con didnt work and with temperature over 30 degrees it was a sauna . We simply refused to have an air fan ( at £170 a night ) so when i went downstairs they magically found executive room which originally wasnt available. ground floor room decent size clean and tidy but nothing special ( beware even if you put sign "do not disturb" the maid can walk in anytime as we experienced it < so put chain on the door too . next morning breakfast was average cant think of anything special apart from tasteless coffee whats more next morning breakfast one of the gentlemens told us as a gold member we had to pay £5 for breakfast for some reason ( didnt have to day before) . Wi-Fi supposed to be free but one night reception told there is no such a thing as free wi-fi in the hotel but the following day another person gave us free access for entire stay , do you get what i mean? everyone does what they think! no training of staff ! at all change the manager!!! .
We stayed in almost every single one of hilton hotels in london and most definately we wont be back to this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 215 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Executive rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton London - West End England