Situated 10mins walk from Old Street tube, the thistle is not a bad hotel for someone wanting to wander the streets of London. I would say it is aimed more at the business side of the visiting public with extensive conference facilities.
Rooms could do with some tlc as they look a little tired but are comfortable enough for a night or two. Free wifi, digital tv, tea & coffee are all provided. Trouser press is also hidden away in the wardrobe.
The food in the restaurant is actually very good and took me by surprise, the prices aren't cheap but aren't too dissimilar to what you would expect to pay in London.
A small bar area serves till late...good selection of spirits !!
Breakfast was disappointing considering the evening meal. Staff were attentive enough but the hot offering looked like he bedrooms- slightly tired and in need of refreshing.
They do offer car parking. This is chargeable and is very limited( about 15 spaces maximum). It cannot be reserved so if you miss out you will need to park on the adjoining streets which is time restricted and chargeable.
Given its location, it is surprisingly quiet and so a good night was had. I would return here but only if I was on foot/ tube.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King’s Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thistle City Barbican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London, England
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London