I was on business in London and this hotel was recommended as the Holiday Inn across the road was full. I sincerely wish I had read Trip Advisor before I agreed. The stay was undoubtedly one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.
On arrival, I hurried from Kings Cross to the hotel to drop off my case before heading to my meeting. On arrival I was informed that the hotel will not accept luggage being left. I was a little annoyed but could live with that. I requested reception book me a taxi, to which they replied that if I wanted a taxi I can stand outside and flag one down. I don't expect outstanding service from a Travelodge but a bit of basic assistance wouldn't go amiss for someone who doesn't know London particular well.
On returning to the hotel that evening, I checked in and was directed towards the lift. They were so old, noisy and shaky, I honestly had my doubts about whether they would get me up to floor I was staying on.
The room was very small for a triple room (granted this wasn't what I had booked and was fine for just me, but wouldn't suit a family). Basic amenities in the room were severely lacking - there were two sockets in the room, one of which didn't work and the second was so close to the desk that you couldn't actually plug anything into it, there was soap in the bathroom, the shower barely dripped never mind allowed you to wash, and the room was like a furnace but far too loud with the windows open, the bathroom was dirty, bulbs were missing from the lights and there were no clothes hangers in the wardrobe. Strangely, I don't usually bring my own when travelling.
When I came to check out, I asked for a VAT receipt for the stay as I needed this to claim from work. The man on the desk informed me that because it was booked through an agent, they couldn't provide this and I would have to hope the company had an online account set up to produce this for me. After some complaining, he did manage to produce a VAT receipt, so I can only conclude he didn't want the inconvenience of having to do this for me.
Overall an appalling stay. I would urge anyone coming to London to look elsewhere unless you really can get a really cheap deal, but I paid upwards of £120 per night and have recently only paid only £55 more for a four star hotel elsewhere in Central London...
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge London Farringdon Hotel
- Travelodge London Farringdon Hotel London
- London Travelodge
- Travelodge London
- London Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge London
- Travelodge London Farringdon England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel situated close to King's Cross Station & a short drive from West End, British Museum & other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelsClick so you can book your Travelodge London Farringdon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.