When things goes out of the usual pattern, thats when these guys doesn't know to handle situations. Here is my story which costed me not only pathetic experience, but decent amount of money too.
Had the misfortune of staying at Hilton, London Metropole recently. Thanks to the pathetic service and horrible experiences we had there, Litmus7 will never recommend the Hilton group of hotels or stay with them again. The place sounded like a veritable railway station which in itself was a big put off. Whereas in most business hotels wifi is a very important element and is mostly freely given, we had to shell out 14 plus pounds a day for a net connection, which was so bad that most of the time we were unable to browse the net uninterruptedly. That, in this age of technology and easy internet availability!
We had booked two rooms for 6 nights and paid the total amount upfront. But due to unavoidable reasons we were forced to cut short our trip by 3 nights. Despite informing the front desk twice prior to check out they delayed the process unnecessarily. And although they promised to send the statement stating our length of duration with the actual checkout date in a days time, we are yet to receive it. On enquiring they said their record shows that we still have not checked out! Isn't this daylight robbery done deliberately not to refund the balance?
We picked the hotel expecting an enjoyable stay but were so disappointed with their don’t-care attitude, the noise level on the floors and extremely poor customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 10 minutes' walk from the West End and Oxford Street and a 10 minute tube ride from Westfield Shopping Centre, the Hilton London Metropole hotel is the ideal destination for the business and leisure guest. All Hilton London Metropole hotel rooms offer wireless internet access. Choose an Executive Room or one of our Suites for complimentary Executive Lounge access. Wireless internet access is available free of charge in all public areas of the hotel. *Refurbishment of portions of the Tower Lobby will occur Mon 19 Jan - Fri 8 May 2015. Works will take place Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, but will still allow foot access to the rest of the hotel and will not affect guest rooms. ** Refurbishment of the Tower Guest Rooms will take place in phases beginning on 26 May 2015. Works will take place between 9 am - 5 pm. Every effort will be made to minimise the disruption to Guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Hotel.de, LondonMarketing.com, BookIt.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hilton London Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Metropole Hotel London
- Hilton Metropole London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Metropole England