“Daylight robbery by hilton. When things goes out of usual pattern thats when you suffer the most as these guys ....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Metropole

You added Hilton London Metropole to your Saves list
Hilton London Metropole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #615 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Ernakulam, Kerala, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When things goes out of the usual pattern, thats when these guys doesn't know to handle situations. Here is my story which costed me not only pathetic experience, but decent amount of money too.

Had the misfortune of staying at Hilton, London Metropole recently. Thanks to the pathetic service and horrible experiences we had there, Litmus7 will never recommend the Hilton group of hotels or stay with them again. The place sounded like a veritable railway station which in itself was a big put off. Whereas in most business hotels wifi is a very important element and is mostly freely given, we had to shell out 14 plus pounds a day for a net connection, which was so bad that most of the time we were unable to browse the net uninterruptedly. That, in this age of technology and easy internet availability!

We had booked two rooms for 6 nights and paid the total amount upfront. But due to unavoidable reasons we were forced to cut short our trip by 3 nights. Despite informing the front desk twice prior to check out they delayed the process unnecessarily. And although they promised to send the statement stating our length of duration with the actual checkout date in a days time, we are yet to receive it. On enquiring they said their record shows that we still have not checked out! Isn't this daylight robbery done deliberately not to refund the balance?

We picked the hotel expecting an enjoyable stay but were so disappointed with their don’t-care attitude, the noise level on the floors and extremely poor customer service.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a business hotel, never choose this hotel. Their wifi and the floor noise lev...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed here on a recent visit to London paid £52 for upgraded room for our 2 night stay but was very disappointed with what we were given overlooking a main road intersection. We were on the 17th floor the rooms are only secondary glazed and the constant sound of police/ambulance sirens throughout the night meant very little sleep considering the prices they charge this was not very good on our last visit to London back in July of 2013 we stayed at a modest b and b and the price was a third of what we paid this time so if you are thinking of going to London find yourself economy accommodation they out strip the big ones every time for us

Room Tip: go elsewhere if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Check in.... Appalling room not ready and huge queues that they could not process quickly. 3 times room keys issued did not work.
Room.... West wing, quite nice not 4 star though
Staff... Well the majority were brilliant but a couple of staff were extremely rude and ruined the experience, especially the lady at the entrance booking you into breakfast, rude and unprofessional.
Swimming pool and leisure area... Very dirty and the smell was appalling, dirty nappies. Swimming pool needs a good clean and freezing cold. Disappointed to find baby swimming lessons on throughout the entire Sunday afternoon... Come on we chose the hotel to enjoy the leisure facilities not cheap at 450 pounds! I like kids, we took our own and they wanted to enjoy a swim but couldn't with only half a pool open!
Food... Evening meal very nice and staff lovely. Breakfast... Good apart from the rude member of staff I referred to earlier.
. Check out is 1200hrs, so we had a late night out with our children on sunday night, looking to have a lie in on bank holiday Monday.... Only to be woken at 0830 by the cleaner wanting to clean our room and telling us to check out! Then to be disturbed again at 0920 and then whilst having a shower at 1020hrs!
Overall not impressed for what we paid and would not recommend.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my second time staying at this hotel, and it will be my last. I travel to London from the U.S., so I typically arrive early in the morning and like to go to my room and get in a quick rest. Since check in isn't until 3 PM I always reserve the room for a day before I arrive and call and tell them I won't be there until early the next morning to make sure the hotel does not cancel my reservation. For both of my stays at the Hilton London Metropole they have canceled my reservation despite me calling them and telling them I won't be in until early the next morning. Worst off I had to call Hilton reservations and they couldn't resolve the issue at the front desk at the hotel. This got both stays off to a bad start, especially after a long overnight flight from the U.S.

The rooms I have had on both trips did not make up for the bad service. My first stay I was placed in a room that was really outdated and felt very cramped and dirty. For my current stay the room is slightly better but still is no where near what I would consider average for a hotel room.

Like I said I will be avoiding this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Have stayed here for one night. Located close to paddington ststion.
Special thanks for Joanna who welcome us at reception and arranged wine glasses.
Room clean & fresh, unbeliveable view at london from high floor, staff very friendly, especially Brais from concierge.
Breakfast one of best i ever had in hilton hotels.
Would certainly recommend the hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good location, quite reasonable price. We requested for two beds room however one big bed was given. We asked for room change but had to go down and picked up the new key. Despite that the stay was pleasant. breakfast was good with nice selection. Worth to stay for the location that saved a lot of troubles for getting taxi around.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The reception area looks nice, the staff are good, the food was ok, the room was poor. Overall, ok. For a 2 night stay I thought it was passable, if you want to stay in London longer, there are much nicer places with more character and nicer rooms

Stayed May 2015

Been to Hilton London Metropole? Share your experiences!