“Two Bad Experiences” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Metropole

You added Hilton London Metropole to your Saves list
Hilton London Metropole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #616 of 1,049 Hotels in London
“Two Bad Experiences”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my second time staying at this hotel, and it will be my last. I travel to London from the U.S., so I typically arrive early in the morning and like to go to my room and get in a quick rest. Since check in isn't until 3 PM I always reserve the room for a day before I arrive and call and tell them I won't be there until early the next morning to make sure the hotel does not cancel my reservation. For both of my stays at the Hilton London Metropole they have canceled my reservation despite me calling them and telling them I won't be in until early the next morning. Worst off I had to call Hilton reservations and they couldn't resolve the issue at the front desk at the hotel. This got both stays off to a bad start, especially after a long overnight flight from the U.S.

The rooms I have had on both trips did not make up for the bad service. My first stay I was placed in a room that was really outdated and felt very cramped and dirty. For my current stay the room is slightly better but still is no where near what I would consider average for a hotel room.

Like I said I will be avoiding this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Have stayed here for one night. Located close to paddington ststion.
Special thanks for Joanna who welcome us at reception and arranged wine glasses.
Room clean & fresh, unbeliveable view at london from high floor, staff very friendly, especially Brais from concierge.
Breakfast one of best i ever had in hilton hotels.
Would certainly recommend the hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good location, quite reasonable price. We requested for two beds room however one big bed was given. We asked for room change but had to go down and picked up the new key. Despite that the stay was pleasant. breakfast was good with nice selection. Worth to stay for the location that saved a lot of troubles for getting taxi around.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The reception area looks nice, the staff are good, the food was ok, the room was poor. Overall, ok. For a 2 night stay I thought it was passable, if you want to stay in London longer, there are much nicer places with more character and nicer rooms

Stayed May 2015
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I know the area well as I have lived there some years ago and I knew the location of the hotel bang on Edgware Road 10mins walk from Marble Arch and loads of connections into the west end of London.
Very good hotel. Well located, as I said, and a hotel living up to the Hilton status with all the amenities in house.
Room, a king size double, very clean, tea and coffee making facilities, however I DO wish they would put more sugars and coffee into the facility. 4 sugars- HOW MEAN is that? It's just not this hotel it appears most where ever you stay. TOP UP PLEASE!!! It won't break the bank.
Small bathroom but what do you expect it was a good deal so can't have everything.
Very quiet. No view from the window. Just staring at another brick wall but hey, like I said a good deal.
Chambermaids came a knocking early saying the check out was 12 but I guess I didn't put a do not disturb on the door what you expect.
A good hotel

Room Tip: Request a street view but I guess would cost more
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Reception staff was unfriendly, didn't tell us anything - not abt pool/spa, wifi, breakfast.. Nothing! In the elevator we met another staff member who was friendly enough and gave us all the information needed.. The room was nothing special even though the reception lady said we got a better room than we actually booked! I wonder what would that one look like.. Would never book Hilton again cause for us it turned out to be just a name.. Nothing impressive!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our company-organized conference in the London Metropolitan Hilton was well-supported in terms of meeting room and food service, with the exception of overcrowding of breakfast facilities because of multiple meetings occurring at the same time and large tour groups. I tried to avoid the check-out lines using the Magic billing service, but it functioned poorly. It is 5 days and couning since check-out and there is still no electronic bill in my inbox, despite my being a Hilton Honors member. So, what's the point in saving a quarter hour and losing hours trying to cajole a final billing out of the Hilton?

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton London Metropole? Share your experiences!