“Ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Metropole

You added Hilton London Metropole to your Saves list
Hilton London Metropole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #616 of 1,049 Hotels in London
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The reception area looks nice, the staff are good, the food was ok, the room was poor. Overall, ok. For a 2 night stay I thought it was passable, if you want to stay in London longer, there are much nicer places with more character and nicer rooms

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I know the area well as I have lived there some years ago and I knew the location of the hotel bang on Edgware Road 10mins walk from Marble Arch and loads of connections into the west end of London.
Very good hotel. Well located, as I said, and a hotel living up to the Hilton status with all the amenities in house.
Room, a king size double, very clean, tea and coffee making facilities, however I DO wish they would put more sugars and coffee into the facility. 4 sugars- HOW MEAN is that? It's just not this hotel it appears most where ever you stay. TOP UP PLEASE!!! It won't break the bank.
Small bathroom but what do you expect it was a good deal so can't have everything.
Very quiet. No view from the window. Just staring at another brick wall but hey, like I said a good deal.
Chambermaids came a knocking early saying the check out was 12 but I guess I didn't put a do not disturb on the door what you expect.
A good hotel

Room Tip: Request a street view but I guess would cost more
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Reception staff was unfriendly, didn't tell us anything - not abt pool/spa, wifi, breakfast.. Nothing! In the elevator we met another staff member who was friendly enough and gave us all the information needed.. The room was nothing special even though the reception lady said we got a better room than we actually booked! I wonder what would that one look like.. Would never book Hilton again cause for us it turned out to be just a name.. Nothing impressive!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our company-organized conference in the London Metropolitan Hilton was well-supported in terms of meeting room and food service, with the exception of overcrowding of breakfast facilities because of multiple meetings occurring at the same time and large tour groups. I tried to avoid the check-out lines using the Magic billing service, but it functioned poorly. It is 5 days and couning since check-out and there is still no electronic bill in my inbox, despite my being a Hilton Honors member. So, what's the point in saving a quarter hour and losing hours trying to cajole a final billing out of the Hilton?

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked the room for a resonably good price for myself and my boyfriend (only twin rooms which was fine), my sister booked the exact same room which cost the exact same. We were at the desk checking in and were extremely pleased to hear we were being upgraded to the "deluxe double" on the 20th floor in the west wing. When i saw my sisters room which was not upgraded i found it was nearly double the size of my room and they were allowed into the executive lounge for breakfast.. presuming we would be allowed in too, as we were upgraded-a very rude member of staff told us we were not welcome to share breakfast with my sister and her partner. I was disgusted with our downgrade which pretty much ruined my opinion of the hotel. Also, the cost of wifi was £15, which is an absolute rip off. Will not stay again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Have stayed in this hotel a number of times over the past few years. That should say it all.we are very pleased with the rooms, front desk staff and breAkfast staff, always friendly and efficient
Close to the underground and with in an easy walk to Oxford street
Real value for money
I think I have stayed here around 10 times and always recommend the hotel to friends coming to London

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was on business for 2 nights so had just a standard twin room. It was small but that's no big deal when it's just me. The real problem was the real lack of power sockets - it's not unusual for a traveller to have a mobile and laptop to charge but all the room had was one spare socket located right in the only corridor space between the bed and bathroom, so effectively useless. The two sockets on the desk were used for the desk lamp (essential in a very dull room) and the alarm clock. Now, I could unplug the alarm clock, but that still only leaves me one socket! In the 21st century!! It's the little things that can make a travel experience, and this was immediately annoying as soon as I got to the room.

Other than that, it's a Hilton, so pretty polished but not afraid to charge for that polish!

Room Tip: Higher floors are further removed from Edgware and Marylebone Roads, so get some altitude.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hilton London Metropole? Share your experiences!