“Very Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Metropole

You added Hilton London Metropole to your Saves list
Hilton London Metropole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #616 of 1,049 Hotels in London
london
“Very Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I know the area well as I have lived there some years ago and I knew the location of the hotel bang on Edgware Road 10mins walk from Marble Arch and loads of connections into the west end of London.
Very good hotel. Well located, as I said, and a hotel living up to the Hilton status with all the amenities in house.
Room, a king size double, very clean, tea and coffee making facilities, however I DO wish they would put more sugars and coffee into the facility. 4 sugars- HOW MEAN is that? It's just not this hotel it appears most where ever you stay. TOP UP PLEASE!!! It won't break the bank.
Small bathroom but what do you expect it was a good deal so can't have everything.
Very quiet. No view from the window. Just staring at another brick wall but hey, like I said a good deal.
Chambermaids came a knocking early saying the check out was 12 but I guess I didn't put a do not disturb on the door what you expect.
A good hotel

Room Tip: Request a street view but I guess would cost more
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Reception staff was unfriendly, didn't tell us anything - not abt pool/spa, wifi, breakfast.. Nothing! In the elevator we met another staff member who was friendly enough and gave us all the information needed.. The room was nothing special even though the reception lady said we got a better room than we actually booked! I wonder what would that one look like.. Would never book Hilton again cause for us it turned out to be just a name.. Nothing impressive!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked the room for a resonably good price for myself and my boyfriend (only twin rooms which was fine), my sister booked the exact same room which cost the exact same. We were at the desk checking in and were extremely pleased to hear we were being upgraded to the "deluxe double" on the 20th floor in the west wing. When i saw my sisters room which was not upgraded i found it was nearly double the size of my room and they were allowed into the executive lounge for breakfast.. presuming we would be allowed in too, as we were upgraded-a very rude member of staff told us we were not welcome to share breakfast with my sister and her partner. I was disgusted with our downgrade which pretty much ruined my opinion of the hotel. Also, the cost of wifi was £15, which is an absolute rip off. Will not stay again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Have stayed in this hotel a number of times over the past few years. That should say it all.we are very pleased with the rooms, front desk staff and breAkfast staff, always friendly and efficient
Close to the underground and with in an easy walk to Oxford street
Real value for money
I think I have stayed here around 10 times and always recommend the hotel to friends coming to London

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was on business for 2 nights so had just a standard twin room. It was small but that's no big deal when it's just me. The real problem was the real lack of power sockets - it's not unusual for a traveller to have a mobile and laptop to charge but all the room had was one spare socket located right in the only corridor space between the bed and bathroom, so effectively useless. The two sockets on the desk were used for the desk lamp (essential in a very dull room) and the alarm clock. Now, I could unplug the alarm clock, but that still only leaves me one socket! In the 21st century!! It's the little things that can make a travel experience, and this was immediately annoying as soon as I got to the room.

Other than that, it's a Hilton, so pretty polished but not afraid to charge for that polish!

Room Tip: Higher floors are further removed from Edgware and Marylebone Roads, so get some altitude.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Santiago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In short: just go elsewhere and avoid this poorly managed hotel. I have been in several hotels in London and several Hilton hotels worldwide. To call this hotel a Hilton is just misleading and not honest.

Only the breakfast was good. Except for the West Wing, rooms are tiny small, and need urgent renovation.

For a 4-night stay we had 3 rooms. The first one, 1111 was really tiny, didn´t had the king size bed we paid for, and was filfthy dirty (empty bottles and cans under the bed), not what you expect from a real Hilton hotel.

Then we got room 202, larger, king size bed. But a view to a wall, and extremely uncomfortable bedding, if you sat in the bed it was like sitting in a wood chair. In fact it wasn´t a king size, it was 2 beds put together in some way. The noise from the renovation of the lobby was terrible, so we got a third room, number 972.

Room 972 in the West wing, was much larger and nicer. It had 2 queen beds, better than the bed in 202, but still the worst bed I have ever got in a Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, Crowne Plaza, etc. The bathrom had a bad smell, but I stopped complaining because I would just continue to waste my time with an hotel that doesn´t have a clue on how an hotel room should be mantained.

Laura from the help desk really did her best trying to help us, but I guess her mission is impossible at this "fake Hilton" hotel.

Some final comments:

- Why are rhey renovating the lobby? What needs urgent renovation are the bedrooms

- The hotel is so cheap that, except for the room in the West WIng, they gave us only one small soap, you had to move it from the lavatory to the tub. Never seen something like this in a Hilton.

Why does Hilton allow this hotel to have their name?

Room Tip: If you insist going to this hotel, try to get a room in the West WIng
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We 27 doctors stayed for two days on 30th April & 1st may 2015 after our conference in Birmingham . We had very bad experience.
I had to wait for half an hour to get my room as in list my name was there but lady could not see & had declared that my name is not there.
My room 405 flush was not working. I had to phone 3 times and came to reception 2 times to complain. After 2.5 hours it got repaired and I could use it to get fresh.
We were told that at lobby wifi is free. Throughout our stay it never worked inspite of our requests.
I would like to have a reply on my email if possible.
mmilyas50@yahoo.co.uk
Dr M M Ilyas

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton London Metropole? Share your experiences!