“"Upgraded" ha!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Metropole

You added Hilton London Metropole to your Saves list
Hilton London Metropole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #615 of 1,049 Hotels in London
“"Upgraded" ha!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked the room for a resonably good price for myself and my boyfriend (only twin rooms which was fine), my sister booked the exact same room which cost the exact same. We were at the desk checking in and were extremely pleased to hear we were being upgraded to the "deluxe double" on the 20th floor in the west wing. When i saw my sisters room which was not upgraded i found it was nearly double the size of my room and they were allowed into the executive lounge for breakfast.. presuming we would be allowed in too, as we were upgraded-a very rude member of staff told us we were not welcome to share breakfast with my sister and her partner. I was disgusted with our downgrade which pretty much ruined my opinion of the hotel. Also, the cost of wifi was £15, which is an absolute rip off. Will not stay again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Have stayed in this hotel a number of times over the past few years. That should say it all.we are very pleased with the rooms, front desk staff and breAkfast staff, always friendly and efficient
Close to the underground and with in an easy walk to Oxford street
Real value for money
I think I have stayed here around 10 times and always recommend the hotel to friends coming to London

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was on business for 2 nights so had just a standard twin room. It was small but that's no big deal when it's just me. The real problem was the real lack of power sockets - it's not unusual for a traveller to have a mobile and laptop to charge but all the room had was one spare socket located right in the only corridor space between the bed and bathroom, so effectively useless. The two sockets on the desk were used for the desk lamp (essential in a very dull room) and the alarm clock. Now, I could unplug the alarm clock, but that still only leaves me one socket! In the 21st century!! It's the little things that can make a travel experience, and this was immediately annoying as soon as I got to the room.

Other than that, it's a Hilton, so pretty polished but not afraid to charge for that polish!

Room Tip: Higher floors are further removed from Edgware and Marylebone Roads, so get some altitude.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Santiago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

In short: just go elsewhere and avoid this poorly managed hotel. I have been in several hotels in London and several Hilton hotels worldwide. To call this hotel a Hilton is just misleading and not honest.

Only the breakfast was good. Except for the West Wing, rooms are tiny small, and need urgent renovation.

For a 4-night stay we had 3 rooms. The first one, 1111 was really tiny, didn´t had the king size bed we paid for, and was filfthy dirty (empty bottles and cans under the bed), not what you expect from a real Hilton hotel.

Then we got room 202, larger, king size bed. But a view to a wall, and extremely uncomfortable bedding, if you sat in the bed it was like sitting in a wood chair. In fact it wasn´t a king size, it was 2 beds put together in some way. The noise from the renovation of the lobby was terrible, so we got a third room, number 972.

Room 972 in the West wing, was much larger and nicer. It had 2 queen beds, better than the bed in 202, but still the worst bed I have ever got in a Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, Crowne Plaza, etc. The bathrom had a bad smell, but I stopped complaining because I would just continue to waste my time with an hotel that doesn´t have a clue on how an hotel room should be mantained.

Laura from the help desk really did her best trying to help us, but I guess her mission is impossible at this "fake Hilton" hotel.

Some final comments:

- Why are rhey renovating the lobby? What needs urgent renovation are the bedrooms

- The hotel is so cheap that, except for the room in the West WIng, they gave us only one small soap, you had to move it from the lavatory to the tub. Never seen something like this in a Hilton.

Why does Hilton allow this hotel to have their name?

Room Tip: If you insist going to this hotel, try to get a room in the West WIng
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed last week at the Metropole for a conference. I was initially put off of staying here due to very high room prices but as a female travelling on her own I thought it was easier to stay in the same hotel as the conference itself.

As a HiltonHonours member I managed to get a very good room rate (thank you HiltonHonours!) and I even received an upgrade to a King Suite at a small extra charge (double thank you HiltonHonours!!). The upside to this was a beautifully large room, a slightly improved view & access to the Executive lounge (complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon sandwiches, cakes & soft drinks and evening canapés & alcoholic beverages).

The room was nice & big and I was pleased with the upgrade but I wouldn't recommend anyone paying full price for the suite. Light bulbs were missing, there was no hairdryer, no iron, limited tea & coffee, no bathrobes & the whole thing was a bit shabby (stained carpets, damaged bath panels & chipped paintwork). Access to the Executive lounge was nice & the food & drink selections were good but space is very limited & a colleague & I were turned away at 'evening drinks' due to lack of seating.

I know these are all 'first world problems' & maybe, just maybe I wasn't given the best suite due to my reduced upgrade BUT I just expected better standards from such a central hotel with such a big name. The saving grace were the staff who produced everything I asked for with a smile. It's also in a great location for getting around London with some lovely little bars & restaurants nearby.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel so I could run the London Marathon back in 2012 and it was a good stay, it seemed clean, food was good and the price was great!

You might think I'm being over the top on the next part of the review but the photos prove my review.

Roll on 3 years and I rebooked for the London Marathon 2015. The price was much more expensive, it cost myself and my partner £500 for 2 nights for a King Deluxe room but hadn't realised this only included breakfast for one! £500 seemed a lot and I'm not a fan of Hotels hiking the prices right up on special event weekends, but I liked the location and the stay was good back in 2012. I also rang up months in advance to see if there were coaches for London Marathon runners on race day....I was to there was so I also booked for my Friend and his partner who was also running.

The room smelt of Urine, there was dust everywhere, cracked tiles in the bathroom, the view would have been good of the London Eye and the rest of the city but the window was filthy. there was mould on the ceiling, the bottom of the bath was grimy. Our room was in the tower block and had an adjoining door to next door who were noisy and we could hear every word they said. Emergency vehicle sirens could be heard all night due to the single glazed windows.
We turned the air con on and the smell seemed to get worse. The hot water tap on the sink only spat water out. The rest of the room looked so dated, i thought "this must be what the 70s was like!" The second night was even worse but due to having such a busy weekend I just wanted to get out of there and home to my own bed. We were told the hotel was fully booked. See the photos, they speak volumes. I was in room 2310 on the 25th/26th April 2015.

The staff seemed ok enough apart from one concierge on duty on Saturday evening who said he would call me back regarding the coaches but never did.

I don't know why this hotel has changed so much in the past 3 years but i certainly wont stay in a Hilton again and will likely deter others from it.

I would rather have slept in a barn, had a better sleep and be £500 better off.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay In The Tower Block in fact do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently stayed ,at this hotel for the first time. I was impressed with I the efficient and very friendly reception staff who took the time and interested to talk to myself and my colleague and make us feel at ease and very welcome.

Although the hotel is currently being refurbished, the inconvenience does not impact on the quality of the hotel. The rooms were very clean tidy, great vices, nicely appointed and the gym and pool, albeit small, are a welcome addition to staying away from home.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
LONME, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5-star review with us.

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an amazing time at our hotel.

I am even more pleased to know that our efficient and friendly team members contributed to your memorable stay. I will be sure to pass on your feedback of the warm welcome you received to the team at Front Desk. I hope you also had the chance to unwind at our LivingWell steam room and sauna.

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your colleague back soon!

Kind regards,

PJ Kenny
Director of Operations

Been to Hilton London Metropole? Share your experiences!