“Fairly good room rates but a little pricy inside.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Metropole

You added Hilton London Metropole to your Saves list
Hilton London Metropole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #630 of 1,063 Hotels in London
N Yorkshire
“Fairly good room rates but a little pricy inside.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Booked via booking .com for a Friday and Saturday night and was happy with the rates I got for the two night stay. Booked a twin room and although the room was a little smaller than the advertised picture on the web, the beds were comfortable and bathroom adequate - if again little small.
Plenty of hot water and shower was OK
-------{Note to the management - the toilet cistern in room 701 is extremely slow to refill after flushing so need looking at} --------

We did not eat at the hotel so can not comment on the food quality.

After a full day out we did have a few drinks in the bar. Now you expect to pay more in hotel bars so no real surprise that the drinks were expensive however the drinks we have had all day cost us around the 8-9 pound mark but this was double 16 and 18 in the hotel. I personally don't think there should be that much of a difference but all the hotels do it.
When you have paid to stay at the hotel the bar prices should be more reasonable.

Tea coffee making facilities are provided in the rooms however the coffee provided in the rooms is bad - there is no other way to describe it. This should be looked at by the management.

The staff are friendly and mostly efficient.

All in all a good night sleep and would probably stay again if the room price was right.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share feedback from your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to know that you had an overall good weekend here and found our team members both friendly and efficient.

Also, thank you for your feedback. We have a variety of alcoholic, non-alcoholic and hot drinks at our bars and restaurants, with alcoholic drinks starting from £4.00. I will be sure to pass on all of your comments to the relevant departments.

On your next stay, I recommend trying some of the exciting new food items from our EDG Bar & Lounge menu.

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice modern Hilton and good staff. I have stayed here several times and always had a good experience. Adjacent to Edgeware Road tube station, so reasonably central and often fairly low prices compared with other London Hiltons.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a 5-star review of your stay here.

As a valued guest; I’m thrilled to read that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your post and for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We can’t wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in this hotel on Saturday 28th March! It is in a brilliant location, literally 2 minutes away from Edgware Road tube station, and only a 10 minute walk from the bottom of Oxford Street. checkin was smooth and very friendly and the hotel was clean and very modern! The room was a good size but was slightly dated, but not to the point where it made a difference! We had room service for dinner and the food quality was amazing, I would recommend the Pork loin steak! The bed was comfortable and the shower was of a good temperature. The breakfast was very busy Sunday morning, but we didn't have to wait long to be seated, as well as all of the standard Hilton breakfast items, they also had waffles which was a lovely treat!
I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a post regarding your recent visit here.

We strive to provide each and every guest with a warm welcome so I’m pleased to know you had a great check-in experience.

I’m also pleased to read that you found our location convenient to your needs. I hope you had a chance to unwind at our EDG Bar & Lounge after your trip to Oxford Street!

The Pork loin steak is a great Room Service recommendation. I also recommend (as I’ve probably mentioned on other guest reviews) is the Club sandwich. It’s great!

Once again, thank you for your review and your recommendation. I can’t wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hilton London Metropole is your typical Hilton. Rooms are large for Europe and will fitted. There are 2 wings - East & West. I stayed in the West wing. The staff was helpful. The breakfast was well prepared in both the exec lounge and the restaurant. The bar does stock some wonderful whiskeys, too. We found several mid priced restaurants in walking distance from the area. We also were able to take a long 5 mile or so hike past most of major sites like Big Ben, Parliament, Buckingham Place, etc. from the hotel on the day I had off. Only negative is as Hilton Honors member, they kept forgetting to drop off my water for a few days. They did get it right the last 2 days of the stay. Minor, but annoying.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review with us.

I am pleased to understand that you had a great stay here including your room and our location. I hope you enjoyed all of the iconic London attractions.

As a valued HHonors member, I am extremely disappointed to read of your experience with your request. This is not the usual service we provide; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for your review but ultimately for your continued loyalty to the brand. I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed Here end of March for the weekend with my girlfriend. We booked this hotel the day before we went and got another very good deal on booking.com. The hotel is very easy to get to, its right outside the Edgware Road tube station and doesn't take long to get to from Kings Cross. When we arrived we didn't have to queue long before checking in, the staff on check in were very helpful and even gave us a free upgrade to the Tower Wing on the top floor. There are numerous bars and lounges in the lobby which we didn't have time to try out but they were very nice looking. The hotel was currently being done up on the inside however it didn't cause any issues. The room was very well designed, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good but a little small. The hallways of the hotel were quite backdated however and made it look a bit older then it was. The hotel was brilliant for getting into central london, it was only a quick tube ride and we were in leicester square, covent garden and piccadilly circus. When we came back to the hotel a bit later we ordered some room service as we wanted to have a relaxing drink, this was a bit pricey and overall we paid £20 for 2 bottles of cider if I'd have known it would of been this much I'd of got a few bottles at the sainsbury's local next door. The TV in the room was also brilliant, you could rent movies and stream them straight on the TV. We brought the movie bundle so we could watch unlimited movies as there wasn't really much to watch on the TV. This cost us £15 but bearing in mind the price we paid for the hotel and the upgrade we got it was all at a very reasonable price. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, the room was comfortable, staff very friendly and in a brilliant location. I very much enjoyed my stay at the Hilton London Metropole.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are brilliant, less noise and brilliant views.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share a review of your time here.

We strive to offer a warm welcome to all of our guests and so I’m pleased to know you had a great check-in experience. I’m also glad to read the comments of your Tower Wing room. I hope you enjoyed your views of the city!

Once we’ve completed the Tower lobby refurbishment, we are aiming to move onto the Tower Wing rooms. I’m confident this will further exceed your expectations.

On your next stay, I hope you have the chance to visit one of our restaurants or bars.

Once again, thank you for your review. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Hilton London Metropole soon.

Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed in this Hotel for one night recently and thankfully I did not have to stay longer. The hotel is tatty and tired and in bad need of a makeover. I even noticed another guest ask for a different chair in the restaurant because the one at this table had no padding. The lobby and reception areas are cold and uninviting and two areas of the hotel are linked to together by what looks like a corridor in an underground shopping mall. The room was small with two single beds and a TV menu that was not worth the trouble to try and figure out. Don’t look for privacy in your room as I could clearly hear several conversations from within the rooms walking down the corridor. Sleep was broken by someone shoving the bill under the door at 3.30 am and the noise of the person next door snoring and using the bathroom. On the plus side the location is close to the tube, staff were friendly, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. Maybe that all people using this hotel want but it barely worth half the apparent discounted price I was charged.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share a review from your recent stay here.

I’m extremely disappointed to read you were not entirely satisfied with your visit.

We are currently nearing the completion of our Tower lobby refurbishment which will see the space between the lobby and Tower lobby opened up. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Your feedback regarding your bill and the chair at Fiamma has been passed on to the relevant departments to be assessed. I trust this shows that we are listening to our guest voices in order to make necessary improvements.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope you return in the near future and allow us to make it right.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stopped overnight for a short stay in London.
We were upgraded to an executive suite for free - for the first time ever!! Staff were very friendly and efficient. Room was very comfy, spacious and clean. We even had an awesome view!! Great!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a post about your recent visit.

We’re glad to know you had a fantastic stay with us and you enjoyed your room. I hope you had a chance to relax at our Executive Lounge, which offers complimentary continental breakfast each morning and refreshments throughout the day.

Thank you again for your 5-star review. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton London Metropole? Share your experiences!