Stayed here with family of 6 for 4 nights. We had 2 interconnecting rooms in the West Wing. Arrived very early in the morning and we we're told our rooms were available which was great. I had prepaid the rooms back in June (or so
I thought) but was told the payment hadn't been processed (I did receive the confirmation). I couldn't confirm this but assume they are correct. Not happy as the exchange rate has gone south since then!
We headed off to our connecting rooms to discover they weren't connecting. Rang reception who asked were we sure they weren't connecting?? Huh? Yes unless there was a secret door. They then moved us but one of the rooms wasn't ready which wasn't a big deal. As I'm a Diamond member we headed off to the Executive lounge for a coffee. The lounge was nice but food very average (the afternoon tea is terrible). The people who receive you at the exec lounge are miserable and not very welcoming (this is the theme of this hotel).
The rooms we had were a bit tired but very comfortable and quite large for London standards. We had relatives who stayed with us in the East wing and their room was terrible. Very old and very small.
The breakfast was ok. Typical English style buffet. My wife asked for hot chocolates for the kids and was told the milk wasn't ready (breakfast had been going for over an hour) and try again later. I went up and was a bit more persuasive and the hot chocolate appeared. They had closed the restaurant for 4 days and breakfast was in a massive reception room. The staff didnt like doing much other than showing people to their tables and walking around a lot. They didn't clear our table on any day and I didn't see them clear any others. Maybe they didn't realise that it's a buffet.
We had dinner here one night. When we arrived they asked if we had a reservation ( we didn't). He looked over the restaurant to locate a table and finally said ok come in (sorry for the inconvenience)! I'm not sure what the problem was as the place was empty - not one person in there.
I asked the concierge to book a car for us. He said they would. We showed up to leave the following morning and no car was booked. They sorted it out with the words 'you were lucky I could arrange this for you at short notice)!
Ok there are positives of you can ignore the terrible service.
The hotel is in a great location. Edgware rd stations are across the road. Plenty of buses stopping in the street. Marble Arch and Oxford st are a 10 mins walk. There are 2 laundries within 1 mins walk ( the one we used turned around the washing in 2 hours). Open 8 till 8 and £13 for 7kg.
Overall I would stay here again but only in the West Tower and not rely on the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 10 minutes' walk from the West End and Oxford Street and a 10 minute tube ride from Westfield Shopping Centre, the Hilton London Metropole hotel is the ideal destination for the business and leisure guest. Take a stroll to Hyde Park or relax in the gym, pool or sauna. Dine on international cuisine at Fiamma Restaurant or sample Asian fusion favourites at Minako at the Met. Take in London attractions like The Tower of London and the London Eye. Spend the evening watching Shakespeare at The Globe or enjoy concerts and sports events at Wembley Stadium, just a 30-minute train ride away from the District Line station opposite the hotel. All Hilton London Metropole hotel rooms offer wireless internet access. Choose an Executive Room or one of our Suites for complimentary Executive Lounge access. Wireless internet access is available free of charge in all public areas of the hotel.Our common space was recently refurbished, completed October 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton London Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Metropole Hotel London
- Hilton Metropole London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Metropole England