“beware to be processed” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton London Metropole to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Hilton London Metropole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #543 of 1,071 hotels in London
cheshire, uk
“beware to be processed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel as it always has availability so when I can't get in elsewhere I stay here. In October I had to stay 3 times and none was a happy occasion. On every occasion check in was chaotic with long queues- twice because there were walk in guests haggling lower prices (as I am a Diamond Honors member I was being treated as a priority in a dedicated queue- yes really).

The exec lounge is tiny, with gruff staff and a lack of space or food, so don't pay to get it as there is no value, and it is an isnult as a benefit in a loyalty programme. I coudn't get breakfast in the exec room (see above) and on all 3 occasions there was inadequate facilities for breakfast so the queue was down the corridor and I hadn't time to wat. So assume that this hotel is bed only.

There are two bars, one like an airport waiting area and the bar selection is poor, and a sports bar that I went into and departed as there was one other drinker. Service and food quaity in the main restaurant is poor with overcooked fish on one occasion, the wrong food followed by raw pork on another. The asian restaurant was better with improved quality and service but the prices were too high.

My rooms were universally good but I was lucky enough to book an exec and then be further upgraded every time

Room Tip: Make sure it is renovated
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jean L, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear fedupguest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton London Metropole. I was at lost to read that you only reported your issue at your third stay. You are correct we are a busy hotel however, with two bars, two restaurants, a Coffee Shop, 24 hr Room Service and indeed a Hilton Fitness by Precor Gym and LivingWell Health Club (we are one of the few hotels with a pool in London) we believe we have lots to offer.

I am really sorry about the issue you had while eating at our Fiamma restaurant, most of our guest always mentioned positive comments about their meal. I would really like to know more about what happen, also if you where attended by one of our Managers regarding the issues you had. Please feel free to contact me at your own convenience, I will be more than happy to assist you.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future and if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

3,579 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I'm a repeat Hilton customer. I like Hilton hotels for the comfort and price level. Having said that I will have to say that Hilton needs to do a MAJOR renovation of this hotel. I was given an upgrade since I'm a Diamond member. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to my room: terrible and uncomfortable beds. There were two twin beds in the room. Furniture and room decor from the '60's, cheap plastic, bathroom with rusted, leaking and very badly patched tub. The only saving aspect to this incredibly uncomfortable stay were check in staff, staff in the lounge and staff in the restaurant. Don't stay at this hotel unless you can get a room in the renovated area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the West wing.
Dear dragoon2nd ,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you felt the staff were friendly and that breakfast was great. However, not being a 'Best stay' with a room that you felt was not excellent is not what we aspire to and I am sorry you felt that was the case.

I do however hope you return to the Hilton London Metropole in the near future and look forward to seeing you then.

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night on 17th November. We have stayed here several times before. The hotel was booked as part of a theatre break package with one of our local coach companies. For this reason I can't comment on the value for money as I believe out rate would have been much reduced than if you were to book direct. Our room was on the 21st floor and was of a good standard. It was clean and well decorated. The bed was a good size and we found it quite comfortable. Large wall mounted TV with normal TV and some international channels. Pay per view options were available but we did not use it. The advertised free wifi was poor in strength in the room, but this may have been as we were so high up! There was complimentry teas and coffees, a free digital safe and iron and ironing board. Room service was available and a mini bar present, albeit we used neither as there prices as usual for this ort of hotel were very expensive (330ml beer was £5-£6.00). The only critisim i would raise of the room was the windows. They were fitted with a secondary glazing system, however this did little to block out the car horns and emergency service seriens which went on throughout the night. Some sort of better soundproofing would be a great advantage.

In general the hotel is very large and busy. Our room was in the tower and this was served by 4 lifts, which were very quick once in them but leave plenty of time if you are in a hurry at busy times becuase some people were waiting 10 mins!

The staff were all very polite and attentive.

Breakfast was included in our stay and we had it at the resturant. We were provided with a tabel very quickly and orange jucie and tea/coffee was offered. From there on n there is aself service buffet of both continental and full cooked breakfast. The food was of excellent quality and very varried. You could not go hungry unless you were very fussy. Again I am not sure of the costs as this was a package, i suspect this would be a pricey meal if independantly booked (room service full breakfast was £20!).

So overall I would say if you are looking for a good standard then this hotel would suit you well, it is well situated on the Edgeware road and served by regular busses and has an underground station just across the road. If however, you are on a budget then I think that you could find better value elseware. I believe the tarrif is flexible so you might get a deal... I heard someone say that on the weekend we stayed they had paid £200 for a basic room.... this is more than I paid for a coach trip, accomadation on a B&B basis and top priced theatre ticket all in.

Room Tip: Room 2105 in tower had a fab view across London including hyde park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at the hotel with my family (4p) for 5 night. Very high room-standard, splendid location. The only dissatisfaction is taht the hotel is to big and therefore becomes unpersonal and a bit to crowded for breakfsast

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jean L, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Andreas D,

Thank you for your review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find your room to be very comfortable. I have note your comment regarding breakfast and you are correct that it may be a long line, but the line is very quick and my team will swiftly have a table for you so that you can experience one of the best breakfasts on offer.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

Best regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

When I booked a hotel in London to stay for one night I chose what I believed to be a central location Hilton hotel which, judging from the photos, seemed to offer good value for money.

I have to admit that it has been many years since I felt so foolish with my choice.

The room was abhorrent. It seemed that it had not been renovated for at least 25 years. You could easily shoot a 1987 movie in there…

Dilapidated is a nice word to describe it..

Things did not seem quite clean either.

The carpet must have been there forever.

As for the bathrooms they were coming straight from a 1-2 star hotel.

Trying to find one good thing to tell the hotel staff was, on balance, quite helpful.

I had recently stayed at a Park lane hotel on the same price…no comparison whatsoever.

I never thought that such a hotel could bear the Hilton brand name.

What a disappointment!

Dear ronnie-rad ,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt that we did not meet your expectation as a Hilton Hotel, please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconveniences cause.

I have noted your comments regarding our hotel and clearly I will not agree with you when you say that the hotel is "dilapidated". Furthermore you also mentioned about the cleanliness, which area where you referring to ? I do apologies if you had any issue in your room and I will be happy to know more about what happen. Please do not hesitate to contact me, I will be more than happy to assist you.

Once again thank you for your review and I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Having returned yesterday from a weekend break we would add that after reading some of the reviews we were not quite sure what to expect when we arrived at the hotel, however we would add that we were greated by a pleasent receptionist and then went straight to our room, 4th floor on the east wing, room 427 which was nicely decorated and spotless (cleanliness goes along way!!) everthing worked and we could find no fault, the bed was superking size and very comfy. There was always plenty of pleasent staff around willing to assist and help if you needed to ask anything. After a long walk round London, in the evening we decided to eat in the hotel and went to the Fiamma Restaurant, which we noticed you can go in casual clothes, well to start with our waiter was called Guiseppe, what a pleasent and charming waiter,nothing was too much trouble and as for the food, we take our hats of the chef, the food was to die for and one of the best we have had! Anything to complain? the odd siren noise from the ambulances, the only thing the hotel could probably do is put extra glazing in but would add probably all the other hotels and premises have the same problem - but it didnt put us off and would certainly stay there again. All in all a fab weekend - thank you also to Moxon Tours who arranged this.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper you may wish to ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear samnjan1321,

Thank you very much for such an amazing review. I was very happy to see that you have enjoy your stay with us and for mentioning our staff for their excellent customer service especially at our Fiamma restaurant. This is what my team aspire to achieve every single day of the year.
Once again thank you for your review and I hope that we will be able to see you soon on your next London trip.

Best regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in november. The hotel is located ideally within the hustle and bustle of the City.

Quick and efficient check in, a very busy hotel.

Bar was very pricey but all the same a nice place to conduct meetings etc.

My room was superb, very well designed and the bed was superb pillows as well. Room service was nice- arrived hot and promptly. Nice bathroom with lots of non-chargeable ammenities.

A really nice 80's bar next to the hotel as well if you fancy an alternate drinking venue.
One of the biggest Hiltons i've stayed in, I'm glad to hear that they will be renovating soon as it needs to be done. Friendly staff throughout the place. Good job.

One last thing- internet!!!! Why so exspensive?

Dear tim g,

Thank you so much for such a great review. I was very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and indeed we are all excited about the refurbishment and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Hilton London Metropole

Been to Hilton London Metropole? Share your experiences!