I have stayed at this hotel as it always has availability so when I can't get in elsewhere I stay here. In October I had to stay 3 times and none was a happy occasion. On every occasion check in was chaotic with long queues- twice because there were walk in guests haggling lower prices (as I am a Diamond Honors member I was being treated as a priority in a dedicated queue- yes really).
The exec lounge is tiny, with gruff staff and a lack of space or food, so don't pay to get it as there is no value, and it is an isnult as a benefit in a loyalty programme. I coudn't get breakfast in the exec room (see above) and on all 3 occasions there was inadequate facilities for breakfast so the queue was down the corridor and I hadn't time to wat. So assume that this hotel is bed only.
There are two bars, one like an airport waiting area and the bar selection is poor, and a sports bar that I went into and departed as there was one other drinker. Service and food quaity in the main restaurant is poor with overcooked fish on one occasion, the wrong food followed by raw pork on another. The asian restaurant was better with improved quality and service but the prices were too high.
My rooms were universally good but I was lucky enough to book an exec and then be further upgraded every time
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Metropole Hotel
- Hilton London Metropole Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton Metropole London
- Hilton London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Metropole England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 10 minutes’ walk from the West End and Oxford Street and a 10 minute tube ride from Westfield Shopping Centre, the Hilton London Metropole hotel is the ideal destination for the business and leisure guest. Take a stroll to Hyde Park or relax in the gym, pool or sauna. Dine on international cuisine at Fiamma Restaurant or sample Asian Fusion favourites at Minako at the Met. Take in London attractions like The Tower of London and the London Eye. Spend the evening watching Shakespeare at The Globe or enjoy concerts and sports events at Wembley Stadium, just a 30-minute train ride away from the District Line station opposite the hotel. All Hilton London Metropole hotel rooms offer high-speed internet access. Choose an Executive Room or one of our Suites for complimentary Executive Lounge access. Wireless internet access is available in all public areas of the hotel.Our common space was recently refurbished, completed October 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, Amex, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hilton London Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.