“Some great Art Deco features but average otherwise” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bryanston Street, London W1H 7EH, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #351 of 1,066 Hotels in London
West Country
“Some great Art Deco features but average otherwise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

It's fair to say that this hotel is in a convenient setting for shops and Hyde Park and the Underground. It is also deceptive, looking bland on the outside but with some interesting At Deco features on the inside. The staff were all very pleasant but I can help feeling that overall it was an average experience. I would certainly go their again and have no issues but would not necessarily go out of my way to book Into this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TMA_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Marble Arch, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that your experience overall was a positive one .Your comments have been re-laid to our team and will be used to ensure we are constantly improving the product and services that we provide to our guests.

Some areas in the hotel will be refurbished in the near future so when you come back you will enjoy it better.

I do hope you will return to us again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please contact me directly.

Thistle Marble Arch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
La Marina, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is just a few yards from Oxford Street for great shopping. It is also close to 3 underground stations, and good bus routes. The staff at the hotel are extremely friendly. Our room was very good. Not overly big, but ample space and a good bathroom, with bath & shower over. The shower was very powerful. There was loads of hanging and drawer space for clothes. We were on the top floor, which was fine for us, as it was quiet. The breakfast room was vast, and a huge range of things to eat for breakfast, from full English, and freshly cooked omelets, to continental, and yoghurts, fruit etc. Something for everyone. Our only disappointment was that our room was a good 100 yards from the elevators, which after a days shopping, was a bit tiring. However on mentioning this to the reception staff on checking out I was told to ask for a room near the elevators next time, which we will definitely do. Overall an excellent hotel that we shall be using again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators, otherwise it may be a long walk to your room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I do hope you will return to us again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please contact my PA Magali Pergeline on magali.pergeline@thistle.co.uk.

REDRUTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just returned from a six night stay at Thistle Marble Arch. As always the hotel was great - lovely big rooms - extremely polite and , more importantly, friendly staff - and the food is great. The Hotel is located perfectly for shopping and sight seeing. Looking forward to our next visit !!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel.

Your comments have been discussed with our team here and will be shared throughout all departments.

We endeavour to use all our guests’ feedback to constantly improve the level of service and standards that we are able to provide to our guests.

Thank you once again for the informative review; we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently enjoyed two visits to this hotel, staying with my wife and four children.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel. The location is great - right on Oxford street and a short walk to the Marble Arch tube station. The rooms (we had two) were clean, comfortable, quiet and roomy for a London hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful despite the large numbers checking in and out. A pleasant surprise was the large number of staff at reception meaning we never had to wait to be attended to - other hotels could learn from this!

The breakfast buffet was very good as was the service given the numbers of guests.

All in all, I would definitely consider this hotel for a stay in London.

Room Tip: Consider requesting a room facing away from the street. Others told us Oxford street-facing rooms we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TMA_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Marble Arch, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location - just of Oxford Street. The staff were friendly and professional. There is a good buffet breakfast. Our room was comfortable and quiet considering the location. I would certainly recommend this hotel. It is however vast and as such somewhat impersonal - but that does not detract from the positive attributes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been staying at the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel in London for over 40 years, from the time when it was called the Mount Royal Hotel, which was in fact a much easier name for a foreigner to pronounce...
I keep coming back because of its perfect location, right at the beginning of the best part of Oxford Street (a shopper's paradise), close to Hyde Park Corner and near the Marble Arch Underground station.
Besides, the hotel itself never failed me. Along the years I have been in quite a lot of rooms, and even the cheapest ones provide enough comfort for long stays. Of course the "De Luxe" rooms are more... luxurious, more spacious, with larger bathrooms and more marble. The Thistle Marble Arch can be quite a lavish hotel: the reception lobby gives one a first impression of oriental luxury that goes on, although in a lesser degree, in the rooms. And the complimentary tea-making facilities in every room is a must.
Being handicapped, and having travelled to London many times with a wheelchair, the Thistle may appear to be a bad choice at first glance, because the access from the front door to the reception lobby is made by an escalator stair; but experienced travellers, like me, know that there is a smaller door to the right that leads to a lift/elevator, which I know from when it was only a cargo lift that the porters used for luggage (and always helped the wheelchair travellers to use it), but is now a fully-functional and automated lift that every client is welcomed to use.
The Thistle Marble Arch is a vast hotel, and the distance walked from the entrance to your room can be quite large. Of course, the staff at the reception desk always tries to locate you on the most acessible room available.
Breakfast is an exceptional buffet but can be quite expensive, so, if you are on a budget (and London central hotels can be pricey), you may consider to choose a room without breakfast included and have your first meal of the day at the Bacaro café just at the corner (de-li-ci-ous croissants, by the way).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TMA_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Marble Arch, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed of your feedback. It is very much appreciated and as such is re-laid to the hotel team on a daily basis.

I am glad you had an enjoyable time with us and that our team left you with a positive and pleasant view of our hotel.

All the feedback we receive from our guests is used to improve the services we are able to provide, when we receive good feedback such as yours, this inspires the team to provide our guests with even more exceptional service.

Thank you once again for your comments; I do hope that you will return to us again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 5 nights at this hotel booked by our tour operator. Room was comfy and staff were very accommodating. They do a great job serving dozens and dozens of guests a good buffet breakfast with very little to no backup. The location is very convenient for getting just about anywhere in central London, weather walking, taking the tube or hopping on a bus. However its right on Oxford Street, which is the craziest, most crowded street I've experienced anywhere outside of China. If you like to shop, then maybe this is the place for you, but if not then all you'll want to do is get the heck out of the area as fast as you can. Other than that, no complaints, in fact everything else all good. I just wish it hadn't been on Oxford Street.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact my PA Magali Pergeline on magali.pergeline@thistle.co.uk.

Thistle Marble Arch Hotel

Been to Thistle Marble Arch? Share your experiences!