“Good location could be cleaner” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bryanston Street, London W1H 7EH, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #335 of 1,073 hotels in London
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Good location could be cleaner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have recently come back from this hotel after staying for one night. Location is fab right off Oxford street and near Marble arch.
The cleanliness is fairly poor! The main areas are good but our room was filthy! Make up on the mirror, tooth paste on the bathroom doors, bath was dirty and pretty dusty in the bedroom.
However the rooms were a good size and a nice comfy bed.

• Stayed November 2012
TMA_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Marble Arch, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel.

I am most disappointed to read of your comments pertaining to your room. I have shared your commentary with my Executive Head Housekeeper, whom would like to extend her personal apologies. Please feel rest assured the necessary re-training has taken place in order to ensure that disappointments such as yours do not occur in the future.

I am glad that your overall experience with us was a positive one. Thank you once again for the encouraging review; we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

2,386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bandon, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in early October. It was perfect for our needs as we were there on a city break. We came from Heathrow Airport and arrived at Marble Arch and the Hotel was less than 5 minutes walk. It was welcoming as were the staff, bright cheerful and a real buzz about the place. Our room was comfortable and over looked Oxford Street. It was clean and we had a courtesy newspaper delivered to room every morning. The breakfast was fab and set us up for the day so we did not need lunch. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel.

We are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team. Your comments have been re-laid to the team and have provided encouragement and inspiration to our team.

Thank you also for complimenting our breakfast offering, it is very refreshing to read such wonderful feedback and I shall share your comments with our breakfast team directly.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon to our hotel. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

stayed there for 2 weeks in July 2012. An excellent location for tourists, next to the tube and oxford street. Big Rooms compared to London Hotels.

if you are a smoker, note that smoking rooms are quite far from the elevators.

Room Tip: book a room next to the elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay back in July and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you also for providing our future guests with some insight on our facilities. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excellent for those who start their day with a long run in Hyde park. For business people it's location is convenient for meetings in most places in town. Their business facilities are poor. Could be improved.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed of your feedback. It is very much appreciated and as such is re-laid to the hotel team on a daily basis.

I am glad you had an enjoyable time with us and that our team left you with a positive and pleasant view of our hotel.

All the feedback we receive from our guests is used to improve the services we are able to provide, when we receive brilliant feedback such as yours, this inspires the team to provide our guests with even more exceptional service.

Thank you once again for your comments; I do hope that you will return to us again in the near future.

Aberdeen Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have just returned from a 4 night stay and was very pleased with all aspects of my stay, the room was large and very quiet, very comfortable and large bed. There were small queues for breakfast but they were managed very efficiently and there was an extensive breakfast menu. The staff were very helpful and efficient. Will have no hesitation booking again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Ok so to be perfectly honest with you I would have rated this hotel as a 4 if the room I stayed in was brought up to date. The location is superb for shopping in Oxford Street and I guess that is why the hotel can probably get away with leaving the rooms looking somewhat tired.

Considering the hotel was exceptionally busy , in fact queues to check in I found the staff on reception very pleasant and welcoming. Special mention to Alex in Maramor Restaurant he was excellent , very attentive and polite. I was dining on my own because I was staying in the hotel for business and he made me feel really comfortable. The restaurant had just changed its menu that day and the staff recommended the new additions what I did order and was very impressed, no complaints about the Smoked Haddock pie it was delicious!

One other person I would like to mention, unfortunately I didn't get his name but I think he is part of the concierge team, he helped me on my departure. Basically the hotel layout is slightly bizarre ,on arrival you walk into the lobby and you are immediately greeted with escalators up to reception and hotel rooms but to leave , you walk down a few flights of stairs that are parallel with the escalators. Why they didn't put in escalators to go down aswell is beyond me. I had a heavy suitcase and two other pieces of luggage and the member of staff stood at the top of the stairs actually carried my case down for me and then got me a taxi: well done, great service it's those small details that boost your experience in a hotel.

On the negative side the WI-FI is a fortune , this really really frustrates me when so many hotels now offer free WI-FI , and lets face it at over £200 per night for a mediocre room, you should expect to get complimentary wi fi.

If you are a smoker they do have rooms you can smoke in, I'm not but at least you smokers out there have the option.

Overall my room was clean and spacious the staff were great and made my stay much more satisfactory , but I would strongly recommend that this hotel updates its rooms, offers free wi fi and it would score a lot higher and get business people staying more than once, unfortunately I won't be booking to stay here again as it doesn't really cater for me. The furniture in the rooms ie. TV unit and bedside tables are all a bit worn and tatty looking and the carpets are definitely stuck in a time warp.

Oh and one more thing room service is prompt and they phone you afterwards to see if you enjoyed your food,meh inch was a nice touch.

Certain parts of my stay I would rate as 4 star but other elements I would have to give it a 2 rating.
Mixed views , however a lot of scope for improvement.

Room Tip: Ask for one "not "on the Oxford Rd side very loud and busy also ask if they have any recen...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the disappointments you experienced with your initial room; my Chief Engineer and Executive Head Housekeeper have taken the necessary actions to ensure that as a team we are constantly updating and improving the bedroom standards that we provide to our guests. However thank your for your positive comments about our hotel. It is great to see that overall you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and team. Your comments have been re-laid to the team by our Heads of Department, whom have given out the necessary recognition for your feedback.

Furthermore, I can reassure you that we are currently upgrading our internet system with our internet provider, BTOpenzone and should be able to offer complimentary internet to our guests in the near future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review; we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Thistle Marble Arch is located a stone's throw away from Oxford street, bus stops and the Marble Arch tube station. Only a few minutes walk to Marks& Spencer, Selfridges, etc. Its close proximity to the tube station (central line) makes travelling anyway an absolute breeze. Nice to be able to quickly walk back to the hotel (or hop on a bus) to drop of shopping bags during the day. Room was spacious with ample storage space, as well as clean and neat. The bathroom is also spacious in London terms. Friendly and helpful staff. Sign up for the Signature Rewards Program and enjoy 30 minutes of free WiFi per day, as well as a free Sunday night's accommodation and Sunday afternoon lunch during your next stay.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room, ask for a room that does not face Oxford street. Certain rooms have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TMA_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Marble Arch, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to give us your positive and constructive feedback, your views are very much appreciated.

All of our TripAdvisor comments are shared on a daily basis in our morning meetings; they are then re-laid to all our team members. The necessary actions are then taken to ensure that as a team we are constantly adapting and improving the service we provide to our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back here to the Thistle Marble Arch hotel in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance in the meantime, please do contact me directly.

Thistle Marble Arch Hotel

Been to Thistle Marble Arch? Share your experiences!