“Great weekend break” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Morpeth
“Great weekend break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent location just off Sloane Street and behind Harvey Nicks. rib room had one of the best steak we've ever had. excellent service and staff too - ask for a high floor room as the views across the city are superb> very quiet room, great nights sleep - staff as you'd expect in a Jumeirah

Room Tip: Request a high floor - stunning views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristina J, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback.

I am glad that thanks to our great location as well as the service and facilities provided we made your weekend break so enjoyable.

I have passed your comments to my colleagues at The Rib Room which is indeed very popular by both our residents and local guests.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the not too distant future.

Kristina Jesenska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

From the moment you are greated at reception to check out you feel special. So many city hotels have the luxury and facilities but lack the personal service. This is my new favourite place to stay in London.

Rooms very comforatbale and well decorated, breakfast was delicious. Staff were all first class. Hard to believe it is not much higher in the rankings here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time in providing your review.

It pleases me greatly that the services and facilities provided throughout your stay met your expectation and the Jumeirah Carlton Tower became your favourite place to stay when visiting London.

I have shared your compliments with my fellow colleagues and we are all looking forwarding to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kristina Jesenska
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great place to head if you expect good service. The lounge was a little overrun for afternoon drinks and service was slow but other than that it was tip top. Great room, junior suite, with wonderful views over the park...and of course shopping on the doorstep.
The highlight was the best massage ever..... Worth it for that alone!

Room Tip: Shop around for the best rate!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elisabeth K, Guest Relations Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower.

I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed staying with us and that especially the service provided by my colleagues, the superb location in the heart of Knightsbridge and the massage in our Peak Health Club and Spa did create a memorable experience for you.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location is perfect , from the minute I checked in until the minute I checked out , the service I got was really fantastic , staff was really helpful and very well trained , hospitality was over my expectation , for sure I go there again.

Room Tip: Any room would be ok ,as I was there twice , one time in Jan . Second time was in Oct. 2012 , each w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this positive review on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted when reading that your entire stay exceeded your expectations, especially in terms of the service provided by my colleagues, and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on the way back from Dubai where we'd had a disappointing stay at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Luckily for us the Jumeirah group redeemed themselves totally with this property. Perfect location, great service wonderful (expensive) food and attention to detail that is second to none! We are coming back for a couple of nights in February without my toddler and can't wait.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Although I was very sorry to hear that your stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray did not meet your expectations, it was great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the experience you had at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower. I was happy to hear that especially the service provided by my colleagues did enhance your stay with us and that you are already planning to come back in February.

We are looking forward to welcoming back in a few months.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in the UK for a short business trip in Scarborough for testing a machine before shipping to Dubai. I made some suggestions to the factory and expected their work to complete in three days. There wasnt much to do other than wait, so I decided to head to London.

Three days in London without prior planning and last minute decision could be a waste of money and time, I thought. But, things changed when I found out Jumeirah had a hotel in London. A brand I trust, good location in London, close to Harrods for shopping, close to Hyde Park for a morning walk, good opportunity to see Buckingham Palace and Changing the Guard, and a private all-day tour.

The moment I stepped in to the hotel, I was warmly welcomed, my room was ready and available, and I requested for a limousine with driver to take me around to see the London the next day. The staff seriously do an excellent job even at very short notice.

I chose to dine in room throughout my stay and the food was AMAZING with a varitey of international choices and desserts. The room was ok for one person, had city view with a big Harrods sign standing out from old buildings, internet was slow, I was also amazed to see a Qibla sticker! The room service is excellent as well.

I would certainly go back to this place!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review and for your continued loyalty to Jumeirah.

I was very pleased when reading that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, reaching from the hotel’s location in the heart of Knightsbridge to the service you have experienced, especially in terms of the service provided by our Concierge team and Room Service.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Over the last 20 years I have stayed at the Carlton Tower many times. This is the first time I have stayed there under the Jumeirah management and I was disappointed.

The refurbishment of the hotel has resulted in a significant improvement in the quality of the rooms, however, the style is very different and some of the retro interiors finishes are not my taste.

I think this may have been just one of those unlucky stays. When we tried to check in, we had to wait two hours after the normal check in time to actually be given a room. The following morning, we had to wait some time for a breakfast table - a strange event for 5 star hotel. I think the re-disign of the famous Rib Room may be the reason for this. Sadly, the redesign includes an ugly and unnecessary bar area which as far as I could tell nobody uses and which has resulted in a much smaller dining area.

The one saving grace was the lunch we had in the Rib Room which still offered some of the best beef in London although at a very high price.

I must be getting old but I really wanted to go back 10 years and return to the old Carlton Tower which offered a much better and more memorable London hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your lunch at the Rib Room and that you are complimenting us on the refurbishment of our rooms, even though we could not entirely convince you of the design aspect.

Also, I was very concerned to read that the overall service you experienced during your most recent stay did not meet your expectations. Certainly we always try to be able to check in our guests on arrival; therefore I would like to apologize that on this occasion you had to wait for your room and that you furthermore also needed to wait in the morning for a breakfast table. Please rest assured that this does not reflect the high level of service we strive to achieve and usually do provide to our guests.

We truly hope that nevertheless you will allow us to look after you again in the future.

Elisabeth Kuehn

Been to Jumeirah Carlton Tower? Share your experiences!