We spent 2 nights here after a Baltic cruise.
We found the location perfect for our interests. Very close to the river, only a short walk to Westminster. The London Eye just across the river from the hotel. And from behind the hotel, a lovely walk thru St. James Park to Buckingham Palace.
The hotel front door tho is alittle diffcult to find, but right across the street from the Charing Cross train station, on a quiet street.
Our room was lovely, large, quiet but with absolutely no view. Our view was of an interior area full of fire escapes, so we kept our curtains closed all the time.
The bed was big, 2 twins pushed together which seems to be the norm in Europe.
The bathroom was an adequate size, the woodwork around the tub was hurt from the shower water splashing on it but the bathroom was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Preferred Hotels, LondonMarketing.com, Otel, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England