Stayed at the Royal Horseguards during mid to late Ferbruary. Two things that were really, really good were the bed and the shower water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and clean. My roomie is quite particular and she even liked the bed. As for the shower, it was so much water pressure that it hurt. That was awesome especially when trying to wake up in the morning. My only complaints are that the room looked into a stairwell and although we kept closing the curtains so that we did not have to look at it, the maid would open it every day when she cleaned. Also along these lines, the maids came in and cleaned our room even when we had the "do not disturb" light on. The room had a lot of nice pictures and furniture. There was some chipping paint and cracked marble in the bathroom but the hotel is quite old so these things were not that unexpected. The breakfast was included and it was good although it was the same every day. The chocolate croissants were very good but in limited supply so you have to get there early. The location was very good. We did not have a problem finding our way around. The staff was exceptionally helpful and very accomodating especially to the "more difficult" members of our party. But they usually stay at more expensive hotels while I am willing to stay any where as long as it is clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Preferred Hotels, Otel, LondonMarketing.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England