It's always pleasant to come back to a hotel you know. I like the easy access to Charing Cross and Embankment tube - with that lovely footbridge over the Thames to Waterloo and the South Bank. The streets around Whitehall are somewhat quiet, but that does translate into quiet rooms. Service here is of the old fashioned kind, the rooms are small, but this is London, but well appointed with good hot showers (!). The bed is very comfortable, but I did have difficulty getting the room cool enough - if only we could open a window but 'HSE' laws apparently kept these locked shut according to the wee notice. If I had a gripe it is about the breakfast. All the hot dishes are pre-cooked in chaffing dishes. Maybe they would rustle up kippers or such like but we weren't offered this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England