We stayed at The Royal Horse guards Hotel on a snowy weekend in January.
We received a warm welcome from the staff and were soon checked in and on the way to our rooms.
We were lucky enough to have rooms overlooking the river Thames and The London Eye. There are not many places that can be so delightful that you can lie in your bed and watch the London eye go round.
The rooms were very comfortable and very well equipped. The bathroom had under floor heating, very nice shower, lovely toiletries and a TV in the shower cubicle. Dressing gowns, slippers were supplied and lovely soft towels. There was Tea & Coffee making facilities along with some nice cookies. (Hidden away in the cupboard)
The beds were comfortable although a little on the small side. Nice linen and comfortable pillows.
There is no parking facility at the hotel and the nearest parking is about 5 mins walk. (at £36 per day)
The lobby area was comfortable and had a cosy open fire and there are free daily papers.
We didn’t get a chance to use the restaurant so can’t comment although we thought the breakfast was a bit expensive. There are plenty of pubs around that do a nice breakfast for £5
The staff were always helpful and polite and not at all poesy.
This is an ideal location as it is very close to Theatre land, West End shopping and the River. Plenty of buses and train/underground stations nearby.
Overall a very nice couple of nights stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, LondonMarketing.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England