Excellent comfy rooms, well apportioned, modern and clean. Nice touches, like a cafetiere rather than instant coffee, bath with LCD TV, heated flooring in the bathroom and a batrhoom mirror that doesn't fog up.
I would have given the hotel 5/5, but for two things. The service in the restaurant is appaulingly slow (1.5 hours for two courses? And they had the cheek to automatically add a service charge to the bill too!). The food served should come with a appetite warning, portions were tiny. The chicken supreme had no supreme sauce, no pasta, no carbohydrates of any kind and no vegetables, just a small portion of chicken and a lambs leaf. It was however beautifully cooked.
Overall the hotel is great, but go elsewhere to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, LondonMarketing.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England