When we booked, our full stay was charged to our credit card twice. At a first contact they denied the fact and only when I forward them the credit card statement they believed me. Apologies accepted but no gesture from the management to compensate, not even a welcome drink. The room is fine but not what I expected from such hotel, moreover we stayed in a Deluxe room. I've stayed in many hotels in different continents and I would never give it a 5 star rating. The add said the room had a view...what it didn't mention was that the view was directly into a wall... As for security issues, the heating in the toilet was supposed to be checked in September 2012...well, we stayed there in January 2013 and such check had not been done. I was waiting for a classy hotel, with character but what I found was a banal hotel. Next time, for much less money and with such a good location I am sure I will find a better place to stay...
Positive points: The location is great, close to the tube and very, very central. Free wi-fi appreciated.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel
- Royal Horseguards Hotel
- Royal Horseguards London
- Royal Horseguards
- The Royal Horseguards London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in historic Victorian building converted to Hotel in 1972. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Preferred Hotels, Amex, Otel, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.