When we booked, our full stay was charged to our credit card twice. At a first contact they denied the fact and only when I forward them the credit card statement they believed me. Apologies accepted but no gesture from the management to compensate, not even a welcome drink. The room is fine but not what I expected from such hotel, moreover we stayed in a Deluxe room. I've stayed in many hotels in different continents and I would never give it a 5 star rating. The add said the room had a view...what it didn't mention was that the view was directly into a wall... As for security issues, the heating in the toilet was supposed to be checked in September 2012...well, we stayed there in January 2013 and such check had not been done. I was waiting for a classy hotel, with character but what I found was a banal hotel. Next time, for much less money and with such a good location I am sure I will find a better place to stay...
Positive points: The location is great, close to the tube and very, very central. Free wi-fi appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England