“It could be better, it could be worse” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassadors Hotel

You added Ambassadors Hotel to your Saves list
Ambassadors Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Collingham Road | Earls Court, London SW5 0LX, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #840 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Haarlem
“It could be better, it could be worse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

1, When I arrived on June 7 early in the morning I could not leave my luggage in the hotel until 2 0; clock. In hotels in France, Germany, etc. this is no problem.
2. Positive is that I was allowed to use the room already from 10.20 hours.
3. My booking paper said that the price of breakfast was 7.50 pounds. However, I had to pay 10 pounds. The quality of the breakfast could be better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed at the Ambassadors Hotel in March for 2 nights on a budget trip to London and was very happy with it. The room was small, but nicely decorated and had all the features you'd expect of a hotel room plus a (very small) bathroom with great shower facilities. We were in a basement room with no windows which was a little offputting, but we got the rooms at a bargain price so had no complaints. The room was a bit stuffy, but as long as you aren't in the basement I doubt this would be a problem. The best thing about the hotel is the location, it is a short walk to Earls Court tube station and is in a very, very nice area in Kensington. The staff were very friendly and helpful also.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for a business meeting in the conference centre. small but nice room with wet room style bathroom, great breakfast - nice range of food, staff very attentive and helpful

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed at Ambassadors for 4 days to exhibit at MBS Festival in Earls Court over the Jubilee weekend. I'm a single business woman and on arrival the whole reception area seemed to be filled with men, one of whom tried a snide body swerve in front of me to get to reception. When I politely re-stepped in front of him and said I had been waiting a considerable time, the staff seemed alarmed and appalled at 'my' behaviour although they did serve me first. All the front of house staff appear to be Lebanese, i discovered over my stay that they're all pretty lovely peeps BUT their English s not good which makes communication difficult and their approach with customers is very subdued, quiet and somewhat unsettling in the heart of London.
The location is fantastic for London visitors. My double room was small but perfectly formed with easy TV, lighting and bath/shower en suite. The room was v hot with no air conditioning but I like that. There was some noise from adjoining rooms and the busy street outside but not enough to bother me. The whole hotel was very clean but there were some negatives.
My partner joined me for one night and we were looking forward to staying 'in' and eating authentic Lebanese food. There was no Lebanese food available although all the menus said there was. We settled for a general mix of the available menu, which took ages to come then came all at once in a kind of smorgasboard style. The food although basic, was beautifully fresh and cooked and very cheap and filling.
On my booking form the breakfast was priced at £7.50 but on arrival I was told flat out that it was £10 take it or leave it. The hotel also advertises free Wifi but there's no free wifi either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My sister and I shared a twin room at the Ambassadors, a last minute booking prior to our day at Chelsea Flower Show. On arrival we were allocated a room in the basement. The weather outside was stifilingly hot and my sister and I live in rural locations and didn't feel comfortable in a basement with no window. We asked if we could be changed to a room with a window and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. They took us (with a smile) to see Room 1 on the ground floor and we decided this would be perfect! The room was very small with little storage space for 2 suitcases, however, for one night at a bargain price of £73 it was definitely very clean, nice bedding and clean shower room, again very small but sufficient. The windows opened, and it still wasn't noisy. We made ourselves a nice cup of tea with the tea making facilites and although the hotel menu looked really interesting, plenty of choice of sandwiches and Lebanese food at a very reasonable price, we fancied a walk. Within a very short distance there's a great choice of restaurants and later we strolled back to the hotel through a very attractive (and obviously very expensive) part of London. The TV worked a treat, the shower worked very well and the beds were extremely comfortable. The lighting above the bed was suitable for reading, this has to be a first! We didn't hear any noise at all and weren't disturbed by other guests or sirens! The following morning we asked reception to call us a taxi to Chelsea Flower Show and it arrived very quickly and took us efficiently to a wonderful day out. We left our feedback card with a few simple tips on how they could improve such a tiny room, but overall this hotel was excellent value for money and we would stay there again. Very close to tube, restaurants and shops, in a brilliant location for many London attractions, I would rate this hotel a 3 star+ - recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for room 1 on the ground floor, it is small but clean and so quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel is the worst i have ever stayed in! The staff arent very friendly , the room we had was filthy and stank of rotten veg. We were moved to another room after complaining , which was a single room with a double bed. Had to climb over my husband to get out of bed as it was against the wall because of lack of room. Ridiculous

t

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ambassadors Hotel? Share your experiences!