We stayed in this hotel in Sept 06. We arrived around 12ish and while the receptionist was efficient, she was very abrupt and did not make us feel welcome; after checking in we asked if we could go up to the room, she stated that check in was at 2:00 and to come back around 1:30 or 2:00. While I fully understand that we were earlier that the checking time and our room might not be ready, I think the manner in which we were told was rude and made us feel quite uncomfortable. In saying that, later in the afternoon, the reception staff changed and they were very courteous and really nice, but first impressions count.
The room was quite spacious but incredibly dark and had to have the lights on all the time, the view from our window was straight to a concrete wall, so one can say no much of a view! The carpet was definitely faded and did not feel like walking bare foot, so I was glad that I packed slippers from another hotel. Our room was just opposite the service entrance and we have been travelling all day the previous day and that morning and were exhausted; tried to go for a nap but it was quite difficult, (noise from bagging trolleys, slamming doors and staff talking loudly to each other,) and we ended up giving up. The bathroom was quite airy and light in contrast to the bedroom and the view was quite nice from the bathroom window. However the shower was position were the window was and kept spilling over the window and the curtains.
I have stayed in better hotels for the price and while we got a nice discount via LondonTown, I would've been really annoyed for what we got if we would paid the full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Millennium Bailey's HotelThis Central London hotel is a magnificently restored Victorian townhouse situated in the heart of Kensington. From the moment you enter our stately hall, the authentic Victorian decor envelops you and it also retains much of its Victorian heritage with its sweeping staircases and real fireplaces. Located opposite Gloucester Road Underground Station, the hotel is well-situated for visiting many of London’s greatest attractions, including Hyde Park, Natural History, Science and Victoria & Albert Museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Baileys London
- Hotel Millennium Baileys
- Millennium London
- Bailey's London
- Millennium Bailey Hotel London
- Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington England