“Royal Albert Hall visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington

You added Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Gloucester Road | South Kensington, London SW7 4QH, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #158 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Sandown
“Royal Albert Hall visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked the hotel through Secrets Escapes, a standard double for myself and my daughter. We had tickets for the Royal Albert Hall. When we got to our room we were very happy with it, 6ft bed quiet part of the hotel. The price included full breakfast we found great service and very polite and friendly staff, which is unusual for a London Hotel. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
bridgend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Bailey for 2 nights to celebrate my special
birthday.
The staff were always very attentive especially Ana at reception.
On returning to our room one afternoon we were amazed to find a beautiful chocolate cake had been left for us.
The bedroom Room 217 contained tea and coffee making facilities,hairdryer,ironing board and an iron.
The bed was very comfortable and we had two good night sleeps. There were a couple of squeaky floorboards but this did not detract from our enjoyment of the room.
The bar area is a nice place to spend some time and the drinks are quite reasonable for London especially at happy hour.
The hotel is spotlessly clean and a welcoming sight on exiting Gloucester Road tube station.
There are nice eateries close by and a small Tesco across the road..
We will definitely rebook this hotel if staying in London again

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is in a great location right off the tube at gloucester road sooo easy to get around. The staff were all nice and always greeted us when we passed. We were room only so haven't ate there but the bar was good and even had a happy hour so more to spend on shopping...bonus! We stayed for 3 nights beginning of December this is our second stay at this hotel and we will definitely return and have also recommended it to family. Its an easy walk to the V&A Nat History museum Kensington Gardens and Palace, places to eat and a few good pubs.

Athens, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The only Hotel in the world that hasnt free wifi.Absolutely not worth the price. The rooms are small with poor facilities and the view is to walls of the nearby bildings.We have prepaid a room for 3 nights and according the description was supposed to be 32 sq.m. We had to fight upon arrival to change the prison cell they gave us upon arrival. Breakfast poor and boaring without choices and extremely expensive. The only positive is the location. Absolutely not 4* Hotel.

Room Tip: You get what you pay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My mum and I stayed at this hotel whilst on a shopping trip in London. I managed to get the room quite a bit cheaper, thanks to Secret Escapes.

We arrived at the hotel at about 11am and were immediately greeted by the lovely receptionist. She called around to see if our room was ready and informed us that it was being cleaned and would ring us as soon as it was ready. It the meantime our bags were taken away and we were able to go out and explore!

For me, this hotel is in the perfect location. The tube is directly in front of the hotel and there is a small supermarket, a couple of pubs and restaurants, a cash point and a coffee shop, all on the doorstep.

The hotel itself is presented beautifully and with it being Christmas, was decorated accordingly. Although a big hotel, it has a lovely, homely feeling. We found it to be extremely clean and the bar/restaurant were impressive too.

I found that our room was on the small side and it was slightly dated, although it was extremely clean and I found the bed to be very comfortable. I had a great nights sleep, however, my mum was woken up on several occasions by outside street noise and people in the hotel. There are boards in the reception area that show you the future room upgrades.

The bathroom was clean and simple, with toiletries on offer.

The staff really do make this hotel and I can't compliment them enough! They are a real credit and nothing is too much for them, even bringing me an extra blanket at 12am!

I found the breakfast to be quite average and expected a little better from a hotel of this standard, however, it filled me up and set me up for the long day of shopping ahead! I didn't eat at the restaurant but heard good things about it and saw a lot of people taking advantage of the happy hour in the bar.

I really do think this is a wonderful hotel but I don't think I would return straight away if I had to pay full price. We do not spend enough time in a hotel to warrant the price tag! If we could get it on offer again then I would most definitely return.

Would i recommend this hotel? Absolutely!

Thank you to all at the Bailey's for making our stay comfortable :)

Stayed December 2014
Edina, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just left London yesterday and had a wonderful stay at Bailey's! The staff was so accommodating and friendly. A beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby was a warm welcome. The breakfast was delicious in a pretty room and a big thank you to Dominic for the peanut butter and double-cream! He truly went above and beyond for us. The room was very comfortable...slight downsides-the pillows and the shower head which you couldn't adjust. Other than those little things-our stay was absolutely wonderful. The proximity to the Gloucester Road station is a huge bonus. Thank you Bailey's staff! Merry Christmas!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Cathy M,

Thank you ever so much for sharing your wonderful comments reviewing your recent stay at The Bailey's. The team are honoured that your festive stay in the city was special and memorable, thanks to Dominic, the atmosphere in the lobby of course our Kensington location. We will take your comments regarding the pillows and shower into account, and we truly look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards
Sarah Schmid
Operations Manager
Ra'anana, HaMerkaz, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When in London I usually stay at a modest hotel in Russell Square, but this time was in an organized group that offered Millennium Bailey's as one of their options, so I decided to treat myself. Bottom line: NOT worth it! The rate was about 150 pounds more (!) than my usual hotel and my experience was very unpleasant. First of all, although the building is prettier, the location is out of the way and not close to interesting neighborhoods. The room was uncomfortably small and had no counter space in the bathroom for toiletries. These are two points I definitely would have expected to be of higher quality than the cheaper hotel, but they weren't. However, the most awful part of the experience was being awakened (jetlagged and with a migraine) several times in the night by a faulty fire alarm that the staff didn't bother to compensate guests for. This showed me an unacceptable level of commitment to service and I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel (I recommend Tavistock)
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sharon A,

I was naturally very concerned to hear that you did not have a positive stay with us at The Bailey's and have taken all of your comments on board, in order to make improvements for the future; I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with you and to restore your confidence in the hotel. I can only apologise that the fire alarm disturbed you during this night. I can confirm however that this was a valid alarm that was activated for the safety and security of our guests. I thank you for your understanding on this matter.

I do look forward to hearing from you and hope that we have the opportunity to look after your London stay again.

Kind regards
Sarah Schmid
Operations Manager
sarah.schmid@millenniumhotels.co.uk

Been to Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!