“Club room is the one to choose!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington

You added Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Gloucester Road | South Kensington, London SW7 4QH, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #159 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Club room is the one to choose!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Let's face it. If you want a great location, a hotel with some history, welcoming staff and a great breakfast this cannot be beat . You would have to move up into a five star category and pay a lot more money to do any better.
We loved being in an area with great restaurants (Bumpkin, Bumpkin, Bumpkin) and close to the tube station. The meandering hallways and small lifts reminds us of UK at it's best. It's a little quirky and lots of fun.
That said, their staff was 100% professional - we so appreciated checking in and leaving the details to the front desk staff - they called within an hour with confirmations and plans for us.
Thank you to everyone at Bailey's who made our little group's time with you so special - expect the next onslaught in July when our next group arrives.

Room Tip: Club room or better - for sure!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DeanCulpanGM, General Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am delighted to read how much your group enjoyed the overall of your stay, in particular the location, our service and our breakfast offer.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dean Culpan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Novato, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently completed a 4 night stay at Bailey's and will never return. For the money, find another place to stay:
1) There was no shower curtain in the room; we told the desk in the morning and it was added later in the day - but no showers that morning.
2) The TV screen turned green after 2 days with no volume; finally repaired but we had a morning and an evening without a TV (so no weather news).
3) Two days we left the hotel at 9am for full days of sightseeing and returned back exhausted at 3:15pm and 4:30pm only to find the room not yet cleaned. The front desk told us that "we have til 5:00 to clean rooms." Just a warning - stay out the WHOLE day. And don't plan to wait in the lobby - there's one sofas and 2 chairs, all full of people trying to use the free wi-fi!
4) Some days no hand towels, some days no wash cloths.
5) As another reviewer commented, the Piccadilly Line is not stopping at the Gloucester Rd. tube station until December, 2014. We did not know this and the tube station across the street was the main reason for choosing this hotel. It was very inconvenient to have to change trains every time we wanted to go somewhere, especially with luggage. Pick another hotel.
6) I received a nice email 10 days prior to my arrival soliciting requests of the staff and concierge in particular. I replied back, the same day, about theater tickets. When I spoke with the concierge, he had never heard of me or my request and, by that time, it was too late to get tix for the play(s) we wanted! Even he was angry and wanted the name of the person who sent the email. From him my request for a car to take me back to Heathrow was on time and as ordered.
None of these complaints alone would cause me to be unhappy, but the many irritations and issues taken as a whole were disappointing. This is not a hotel I would stay in again nor recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: Room 224 was at least quiet, although it faced an airshaft. There is scaffolding up on some of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
DeanCulpanGM, General Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

I was concerned to read that your stay with us at The Bailey's did not meet your expectations.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences we caused you, especially with the shortfalls in our Housekeeping department. Please rest assured that our Executive Head Housekeeper are looking into them in more detail and further training will take place.

We are aiming to contact our guests prior to their arrival in order to assist them with any questions or queries they might have.
It is therefore with regret that we failed to contact you with regards to the theatre tickets you wanted to arrange. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I do hope we will get an opportunity to welcoming you back at The Bailey's in order to experience a stay that is representative of our usual standards.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The location was fabulous as a close walk to many attractions and right across from Gloucester Rd Station. Great English pub across the road.
Staff were friendly and helpful particularly Sonny the concierge and the doorman of African or Caribbean descent. They were exceptional in their interactions with guests. The rooms were big, clean and comfortable .....only ours was very dark with poor lighting. ...scaffolding outside our window didn't help. Probably should have discussed this with management as were not made aware of this.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the overall of your stay, in particular our service and the location of the hotel.
I was however concerned to note that the room we provided you with did not live up to your expectations and that the Front of House team failed to inform you about the outside refurbishment project which will be finished in the near future.

I do hope we will get an opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at the Millennium Bailey. The Hotel has a very good location, and a beautiful, old woodden stairways in the main hall. We had a good old-style room, simple but clean and rather big.
The breakfast was rather good even if we expected a broader choice at the buffet (e.g. fresh yogurth, not just low fat yogurt, and fresh butter, instead of those extra-small pakages, and maybe a choice of cheese inted of just one - the same every day). Moreover, the breakfast service had ups and downs according to the different waiter/waitress.
We thanks in particular Morena Giannascoli from the reception staff, who welcomed us, and takes care of us with kind professionality.

Room Tip: While we were at the Bayleys, there was some works in progress interesting the facade. So I cannot s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DeanCulpanGM, General Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review following your stay with us at The Bailey's.

I am delighted to note how convenient you found the location of our hotel, and I was also pleased to note that the room met your expectations.
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback with regards to our breakfast buffet, please rest assured that I will look into it in more detail together with our Food and Beverage Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at The Bailey's.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The location of this hotel is fabulous -- right across from the Gloucester St. Tube. However, we were unaware that the Piccadilly Line is not stopping at Gloucester St. until mid-December. You can obviously change lines at another station, but this isn't as convenient especially if you are hauling luggage to and from Heathrow. People have also commented on the scaffolding. We did find that it added to the darkness in our room. I was also disconcerted when we first came to our room to find someone on the scaffolding essentially looking in our window. Closing the curtains solves that problem, but again adds to the darkness. The bedroom was small, but clean. The decor was fine. As others have mentioned, the bathroom needs updating. We could only get lukewarm water out of the overhead shower head. The water was warmer out of the hand held, but the tube leaked terribly and the water pressure was low. Overall, I would recommend the hotel for its wonderful location and good value.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us at The Bailey's in May.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that you found that we are offering great value.
I was however concerned to note that our outside refurbishment impacted your stay.
The scaffolding works were only affecting a small selection of rooms on a daily basis, I am therefore very sorry that you were disturbed by them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Booked this hotel after much research and reading reviews here at TripAdvisor. Not having a vehicle while in London, staying at Millennium Bailey's in Kensington was a great choice. It is right across the street from the Gloucester Rd. tube station so getting to and from different places in London was easy. (I do want to add that if anyone plans to use the Piccadilly line to and from Heathrow, the trains will NOT be stopping at Gloucester Rd. due to some work in the station until December, 2014, although Circle Line trains will continue to stop here.). Having said that, I think the location of this hotel is one of its best assets. Plenty of choices for restaurants in the area as well as Tesco and Waitrose grocery stores just across the street or around the corner if travelers want to get snacks or prep their own food.

The hotel staff and customer service are simply splendid. In all the years I have traveled, I have never had a hotel contact me prior to my stay to ask if there is anything they can do to make my stay comfortable. Millennium Bailey's was the first to do that - and their Guest Relations team was just as quick to respond to my reply and helped make a minor change in my reservation so that everything was in order when we arrived. Additionally, we arrived at the hotel mid-morning due to an early flight hoping we can just leave our bags with the concierge and start our day in London. I was pleasantly surprised when Sarah at the reception desk graciously checked us in and asked housekeeping to prioritize getting our room ready. We had to wait for a while (which we didn't mind) and when we finally picked up our keys, Sarah said she put us in a room that is nicer than the one we were originally booked in. Our room was perfect and very spacious with a loveseat and table that made everything look so homey and cozy. I agree with other reviewers who said that the hotel may look dated, but overall I think that's what adds to its charm. Since our room and bathroom were very clean with fresh, crisp linens, the building's "age" didn't matter to us one bit.

I didn't get all the other staff members' names, but everybody we spoke with, from the reception desk staff, to the concierge, to the gentlemen who opened the doors for us, helped us with our luggage, or gave us directions - were absolutely friendly. I must commend the management of this hotel for the excellent customer service, and if given the opportunity to return to London in the future, I will surely keep Millennium Bailey's in mind and will not hesitate to recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: Although our room faced the street, the noise was minimal and didn't bother us. It was a little...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your glowing review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall of your stay, in particular the location of The Bailey's and the service we provide.
We are indeed aiming to make every guest's stay as smooth and comfortable as possible; therefore we are trying our best to contact as many guests as possible even prior to their stay with us to find out if there might be any special requests we can assist with.

Your kind comments about the service were passed on to the rest of the team and are naturally highly appreciated.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We booked a club room for our anniversary and were really pleased with our choice of hotel. We were going to the Albert Hall that evening so it was nice and close plus it had parking at its sister hotel right next door! Our room was amazingly big for London with a massive bed and sofa's. We were also very lucky to have been left a bottle of prosecco to help us celebrate our anniversary! I booked a long time in advance so felt I got a really good price. We didn't use the club lounge as we didn't have time but did have a drink in the bar when we got back which had a nice atmopshere. Breakfast was included and was fine, although I wouldn't have paid the £18 each for it if it wasn't included in the price. We were happy with our stay and would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent stay with us.

I was truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay; thank you for choosing The Bailey's to celebrate such special occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future again.

Genaral Manager

Been to Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!