“Faded glory but still good lodging in Kensington” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington

You added Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Gloucester Road | South Kensington, London SW7 4QH, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #160 of 1,066 Hotels in London
world
“Faded glory but still good lodging in Kensington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This an old style property was probably a grand hotel at its opening, but is still a good choice in Kensington. The staff is professional in all departments. The rooms, reached by a labryrinth of corridors, are large by London standards but the bathroom extraordinaraly small, but the tub/shower is full size.
Everything is clean and the bed confortable. Two bathrobes are provided but only one pair of slippers. The room lighting is dim. Small print reading such as a tube map is best read in the bathroom.The location is excellent with a nearby tube station and many restaurants. The buffet breakfast is a good value if pre paid at the reception desk each morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Derek H, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear WorldtravelerB,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Bailey's with others.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall of your stay and I would like to also thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to the lighting in our rooms and the fact that you were only provided with one pair of slippers. Please accept my sincerest apologies for these shortfalls and rest assured that they have been discussed with relevant Department Managers.
I was furthermore delighted to read your kind comments about the breakfast buffet, we do appreciate the fact that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

The Bailey's team is very much looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

You cannot go far wrong with this hotel. Excellent front desk/concierge staff, nothing was too much trouble. The location could not be better, right opposite the tube station and plenty of buses going by. The room was spotless and I work in Infection Control and have high standards but was thoroughly satisfied.

A couple of real tiny gripes - room 234 did not have a privacy blind at the bathroom window and it was overlooked by a fire stair case and several other rooms, I tried to put a towel up at the window to protect my modesty but resorted to showering etc with lights off. The floor boards in the room was the noisiest floor boards I have ever encountered but hey this is an old building! First time I have ever encountered a ticking wall clock in a hotel room, ticking clocks, are for hospital rooms/Old Aunt's sitting rooms, a swift removal of the battery sorted that one out.

Overall this is a great hotel in a fantastic location and I will most certainly book again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear barbadoslover,

Thank you so much for your kind review following your stay with us at the Bailey's.

I was pleased that you enjoyed the service we deliver at the Bailey's, please rest assured that your comments were shared with the Front Desk team and the Housekeeping team in particular.
Your constructive feedback regarding the bathroom of the room you have stayed in is highly appreciated and has been investigated by the Executive Head Housekeeper already.

The team here at the Bailey's is very much looking forward to welcome you back in order to experience another wonderful stay at our property.

sebastopol, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel through travelzoo-- but I will try not to let that affect my review too much.... even without the amazing deal, the hotel was just perfect. All of the staff were professional and cheerful. Breakfasts (included) were delicious and filling-- we found ourselves only able to eat one more meal each day. It was just a wonderful way to start each day with this pleasant and yummy breakfast at the hotel. (The eggs looked pre-formed but were, in fact, delicious and of high quality!)

I had written the hotel and let them know that it was a special occasion, and we were greeted with a nice fruit tray. Then we were sent a bottle of wine and more fruit on the day of the occasion. They really have it together, as far as how to make people feel special.

We were lucky enough to get room #410. This is one of the largest rooms I've ever had in a big city. Two comfy beds and a nice couch and desk. Bathroom had a full tub-shower that was quite good. It also had some natural light.

Though this room was on a busy street, it was quite quiet with the windows closed-- they are all double-paned. I like fresh air at night, so I actually kept the window open at night and didn't find the traffic noise to be all that bad even open. I heard very little noise from the hall or surrounding rooms. Housekeeping did a great job. Just no real complaints!!

Everyone mentions how close it is to the subway-- such a huge benefit at the end of a long day. (see my picture of the hotel from the subway exit.) Also, it's on 3 subway lines-- we very rarely had to transfer to get to where we were going. A huge plus! On the last day, we walked through the neighborhood behind the hotel. Don't miss this area-- it's just wonderful and has some fantastic architecture and restaurants hidden in the quiet streets.

Thanks to everyone at Baileys for helping to make this trip to London such a special one. Will absolutely look forward to staying here again one day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a nice 5 night stay. The hotel is just across the street from the tube station. Our room was nice and large by London standards. The breakfast was buffet but good. I love the english bacon. I would be happy to stayhere again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SMJSMJ,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

I was pleased to read that you would chose again to stay with us when next travelling to London.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back.

Woodland Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Location was great. Hotel is charming. The front desk and conciege's were great. I liked that the staff kept an eye on me while I was outside. Our 5th floor room was excellent. The bedding was heavenly. I wish the restaraunt allowed a la carte since I'm just a morning coffee drinker. Thankfully there's a Starbucks 1/2 block away.

Room Tip: We were happy with the 5th floor room. Alot of street noice otherwise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Derek H, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear AC,

Thank you so much for your glowing review following your recent stay here at the Bailey's.

Since it is our goal to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere, I was pleased to read your kind comments about my team, of which I am very proud of.
However, I would like to use this opportunity to inform you that we do offer an a la carte menu in our Olive's restaurant and it is certainly possible to only have a coffee as well.
I am sorry to learn that we failed to communicate this to you.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you back at the Millennium Bailey's in the near future.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in early Sept. Great location! Room was spotless and large, service was excellent from front desk to concierge, to restaurant staff. We got a special thru Travelzoo which made the stay even better! Wi-fi included and a food voucher. Location is great - walked to Harrod's, Kensington Palace, the V & A Museum. The subway is just steps away from the hotel and so is the stop for Hop on, Hop off Big Bus Tours. Excellent stay for a very reasonable price in London!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 60welovetotravel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such glowing review on the TripAdvisor Website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall of your stay here at the Bailey's.
It gave me pleasure to share your kind comments with my team; all of us do realise that it is the service what is most important to our guests.

Please do visit us in the near future again as I will be delighted to introduce myself personally to you.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Styed for 8 nights in September/October. A great location next door to Gloucester Road tube, a good link to the airport and for central London, handy for Imperial College, Royal Albert Hall and the museums.
The rooms are comfortable and clean but old, bathroom is large but with not enough counter space and has an over-bath shower which is a bit cramped and with a very high step-over. Drains are smelly too.
Staff are great, helpful and smiling although seem easily confused during happy hour in the busy and noisy bar. Buffet breakfast is really good with a good variety although the restaurant is too small and cramped to cope with the number of guests at peak times in spite of the excellent efforts of the staff.
The Club upgrade gives a slightly bigger room and the dubious benefit of the Club Lounge. Club also gives free wi-fi which is otherwise crazily expensive as well as being weak, slow and unreliable.
In general, Millennium Baileys is not really a four-star property and that makes it expensive but the convenience makes it worth it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Derek H, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear jarathome,

Thank you very much for sharing your constructive feedback following your very recent stay with us with others.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the Bailey's and the easy access to London's underground, I was concerned to read about your dissatisfaction with our rooms and the internet service we provide.
Please rest assured that we are constantly renovating and redecorating our property and I am therefore once again very sorry that the standard of the room did not live up to your expectations.
Your kind feedback about the staff at the Bailey's is however highly appreciated, please rest assured that I have passed it along.

With kind regards,

Been to Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!