We got a great deal on this hotel through travelzoo-- but I will try not to let that affect my review too much.... even without the amazing deal, the hotel was just perfect. All of the staff were professional and cheerful. Breakfasts (included) were delicious and filling-- we found ourselves only able to eat one more meal each day. It was just a wonderful way to start each day with this pleasant and yummy breakfast at the hotel. (The eggs looked pre-formed but were, in fact, delicious and of high quality!)
I had written the hotel and let them know that it was a special occasion, and we were greeted with a nice fruit tray. Then we were sent a bottle of wine and more fruit on the day of the occasion. They really have it together, as far as how to make people feel special.
We were lucky enough to get room #410. This is one of the largest rooms I've ever had in a big city. Two comfy beds and a nice couch and desk. Bathroom had a full tub-shower that was quite good. It also had some natural light.
Though this room was on a busy street, it was quite quiet with the windows closed-- they are all double-paned. I like fresh air at night, so I actually kept the window open at night and didn't find the traffic noise to be all that bad even open. I heard very little noise from the hall or surrounding rooms. Housekeeping did a great job. Just no real complaints!!
Everyone mentions how close it is to the subway-- such a huge benefit at the end of a long day. (see my picture of the hotel from the subway exit.) Also, it's on 3 subway lines-- we very rarely had to transfer to get to where we were going. A huge plus! On the last day, we walked through the neighborhood behind the hotel. Don't miss this area-- it's just wonderful and has some fantastic architecture and restaurants hidden in the quiet streets.
Thanks to everyone at Baileys for helping to make this trip to London such a special one. Will absolutely look forward to staying here again one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Millennium Bailey's HotelThis Central London hotel is a magnificently restored Victorian townhouse situated in the heart of Kensington. From the moment you enter our stately hall, the authentic Victorian decor envelops you and it also retains much of its Victorian heritage with its sweeping staircases and real fireplaces. Located opposite Gloucester Road Underground Station, the hotel is well-situated for visiting many of London’s greatest attractions, including Hyde Park, Natural History, Science and Victoria & Albert Museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Baileys London
- Hotel Millennium Baileys
- Millennium London
- Bailey's London
- Millennium Bailey Hotel London
- Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington England