“Thank You, Millennium Baileys!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington

You added Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Gloucester Road | South Kensington, London SW7 4QH, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #158 of 1,065 Hotels in London
sebastopol, ca
“Thank You, Millennium Baileys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel through travelzoo-- but I will try not to let that affect my review too much.... even without the amazing deal, the hotel was just perfect. All of the staff were professional and cheerful. Breakfasts (included) were delicious and filling-- we found ourselves only able to eat one more meal each day. It was just a wonderful way to start each day with this pleasant and yummy breakfast at the hotel. (The eggs looked pre-formed but were, in fact, delicious and of high quality!)

I had written the hotel and let them know that it was a special occasion, and we were greeted with a nice fruit tray. Then we were sent a bottle of wine and more fruit on the day of the occasion. They really have it together, as far as how to make people feel special.

We were lucky enough to get room #410. This is one of the largest rooms I've ever had in a big city. Two comfy beds and a nice couch and desk. Bathroom had a full tub-shower that was quite good. It also had some natural light.

Though this room was on a busy street, it was quite quiet with the windows closed-- they are all double-paned. I like fresh air at night, so I actually kept the window open at night and didn't find the traffic noise to be all that bad even open. I heard very little noise from the hall or surrounding rooms. Housekeeping did a great job. Just no real complaints!!

Everyone mentions how close it is to the subway-- such a huge benefit at the end of a long day. (see my picture of the hotel from the subway exit.) Also, it's on 3 subway lines-- we very rarely had to transfer to get to where we were going. A huge plus! On the last day, we walked through the neighborhood behind the hotel. Don't miss this area-- it's just wonderful and has some fantastic architecture and restaurants hidden in the quiet streets.

Thanks to everyone at Baileys for helping to make this trip to London such a special one. Will absolutely look forward to staying here again one day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Tn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a nice 5 night stay. The hotel is just across the street from the tube station. Our room was nice and large by London standards. The breakfast was buffet but good. I love the english bacon. I would be happy to stayhere again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Derek H, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear SMJSMJ,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

I was pleased to read that you would chose again to stay with us when next travelling to London.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back.

Woodland Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Location was great. Hotel is charming. The front desk and conciege's were great. I liked that the staff kept an eye on me while I was outside. Our 5th floor room was excellent. The bedding was heavenly. I wish the restaraunt allowed a la carte since I'm just a morning coffee drinker. Thankfully there's a Starbucks 1/2 block away.

Room Tip: We were happy with the 5th floor room. Alot of street noice otherwise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Derek H, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear AC,

Thank you so much for your glowing review following your recent stay here at the Bailey's.

Since it is our goal to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere, I was pleased to read your kind comments about my team, of which I am very proud of.
However, I would like to use this opportunity to inform you that we do offer an a la carte menu in our Olive's restaurant and it is certainly possible to only have a coffee as well.
I am sorry to learn that we failed to communicate this to you.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you back at the Millennium Bailey's in the near future.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in early Sept. Great location! Room was spotless and large, service was excellent from front desk to concierge, to restaurant staff. We got a special thru Travelzoo which made the stay even better! Wi-fi included and a food voucher. Location is great - walked to Harrod's, Kensington Palace, the V & A Museum. The subway is just steps away from the hotel and so is the stop for Hop on, Hop off Big Bus Tours. Excellent stay for a very reasonable price in London!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 60welovetotravel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such glowing review on the TripAdvisor Website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall of your stay here at the Bailey's.
It gave me pleasure to share your kind comments with my team; all of us do realise that it is the service what is most important to our guests.

Please do visit us in the near future again as I will be delighted to introduce myself personally to you.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Styed for 8 nights in September/October. A great location next door to Gloucester Road tube, a good link to the airport and for central London, handy for Imperial College, Royal Albert Hall and the museums.
The rooms are comfortable and clean but old, bathroom is large but with not enough counter space and has an over-bath shower which is a bit cramped and with a very high step-over. Drains are smelly too.
Staff are great, helpful and smiling although seem easily confused during happy hour in the busy and noisy bar. Buffet breakfast is really good with a good variety although the restaurant is too small and cramped to cope with the number of guests at peak times in spite of the excellent efforts of the staff.
The Club upgrade gives a slightly bigger room and the dubious benefit of the Club Lounge. Club also gives free wi-fi which is otherwise crazily expensive as well as being weak, slow and unreliable.
In general, Millennium Baileys is not really a four-star property and that makes it expensive but the convenience makes it worth it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Derek H, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear jarathome,

Thank you very much for sharing your constructive feedback following your very recent stay with us with others.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the Bailey's and the easy access to London's underground, I was concerned to read about your dissatisfaction with our rooms and the internet service we provide.
Please rest assured that we are constantly renovating and redecorating our property and I am therefore once again very sorry that the standard of the room did not live up to your expectations.
Your kind feedback about the staff at the Bailey's is however highly appreciated, please rest assured that I have passed it along.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at the Millennium Bailey's for 9 nights in London and had a really great experience. In fact, I might be spoiled now for a European hotel experience. Full disclosure: I got a discounted rate due to a Travelzoo deal with the hotel, but still had a pleasant experience on-site.

Location: Really, it is great. The Tube is right across the street and connects to a good number of lines to get you around Central London and even in from Heathrow very easily. That was a huge plus as a solo traveler. The area is safe and I never felt uncomfortable walking around at night. Plus, there is a Paul bakery (a MUST to visit), pharmacy and little shopping market nearby too, which was really helpful if I needed something quickly. Oh yeah, and a pub, can't go wrong with that.

Room: I booked a standard room with a double bed (as part of the deal) and was upgraded to the Club floor. The room was HUGE. It was well kept, clean and comfortable too. There isn't a view, but it was still a great place to come back to after a day on my feet. The bathroom was decent size, clean and had space for my stuff. And the hallways/neighbors were really quiet, that was a huge plus. You can hear people walking around upstairs but that's not too bothersome. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning up the room each day and I felt safe with my stuff in there or even out (minus my passport of course) while I was gone.

Note: Wifi is available but is 8 GBP ($16 USD) for an hour or 20 GBP ($40 USD) for 24 hours. Personally, I think that is ridiculously high and it wasn't always reliable, but is available.

Staff: Everyone was really, genuinely nice. When I arrived, I received a nice greeting and really genuine apology that my room wasn't available for early check in. They were also helpful during check out and answering any questions I had. Unfortunately, some of the night staff, including concierge, weren't too helpful or knowledgeable and my overall experience with the concierge staff was really a miss, so that was a tad of a bummer but not a deal breaker. I will say that getting a hold of someone at the hotel before my visit to help with dinner reservations was a challenge and took some work, but I eventually got in touch with someone.

Despite a few little bumps, I really cannot complain about the hotel. I would very highly recommend it to others traveling solo or with a group. And this will be the first place I look for London hotels, provided I can get a decent deal again too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Derek H, Manager at Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Bayjb,

Thank you so much for your glowing review following your very recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations in almost all aspects of your stay. Your compliments about the cleanliness status of the room were proudly shared with the Housekeeping team.
It was however of concern to me that you were disappointed by the service provided by our Concierge team, especially by the Night Staff. Please rest assured that further training with the relevant individuals will take place.

With regards to the internet charges, I would like to add that we offer free WIFI service in our hotel lobby.

Please do visit us in the future again and I will be delighted to personally welcome you back at the Bailey's.

Wassenaar, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have recently stayed for 4 nights in this hotel and I've enjoyed it. The location is great, being metres away from the Gloucester Road tube station. There are some enjoyable restaurants nearby and if you need anything you can use the 24-hour open Tesco express across the road.

Rooms need a bit of renovation and Wifi is a bit patchy (disconnecting frequently). Breakfast was good with lots of options.

Rooms are quite big, we found lots of space to put luggage etc.

In summary we had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear leventmolla,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at the Bailey's with others.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall of your stay with us, especially the location of the Bailey's. Being so close to one of London's underground stations but still offering a very quiet and peaceful surrounding as well as quiet rooms to our guests is indeed a true asset.

I am sorry to read that you experienced difficulties with our WIFI connection, please rest assured that I have shared these comments with our IT department.

With kind regards,

Been to Millennium Bailey's Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!