“Excellent Food, Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

You added Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sloane Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU, England (Knightsbridge)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #432 of 1,049 Hotels in London
South Melbourne
“Excellent Food, Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

This hotel sits in an outstanding location (walk to Hyde Park, V&A, West End, Sloane Square and other highlights). The rates are competitive and the food is outstanding- breakfast offers a comprehensive array and MU Restaurant is most innovative in terms of tapas across a broad spectrum. Chef Knight (?) deserves wide recognition for his creative flair.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Amanda_KNI, Executive Officer at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, November 12, 2009
Thank you for your review. I am so very grateful to you for your kind words and the team are delighted – especially the Kitchen brigade. All of us here think Mu is just wonderful. Really good value and such fun food to eat ! Thank you again and come back soon !

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

Overall this was a good stay; I have few complaints. The Knightsbridge Millennium was on a short list of hotels recommended by our London business colleagues. We chose it for price (a good online rate relative to similar hotels) and location (close to work, but also, luckily, a good spot for shopping and sightseeing, too). Like most hotels in Europe I've been to, the room was small by American standards, but except for a bit of minor wear and tear, it was a very good business-class room. It had nice furniture, plenty of mirrors, and an adequate number of electrical outlets (including one 110V outlet) under the desk plus one by the door. The water pressure in the tub/shower was fantastic, as was the bathroom lighting and magnifying mirror. I was next to the elevator, and yet I never heard it. The hot pot was excellent and I enjoyed my tea! The only in-room coffee was instant -- not for me. The small mini bar had enough room to store an extra drink or a yogurt. The room temperature was comfortable, though my colleague in a corner room could not seem to get warm. Two blocks from Harrods (don't miss the Food Halls!) and the Knightsbridge Tube stop, and one more long block to Hyde Park -- plus all the shopping and dining options on Brompton Street (and Sloane Street if Gucci and Prada are your speed). Drawbacks: #1. The 1000-watt blow dryer is in the desk drawer. This would not be a big deal if you could just take it out of the drawer, but the cord is permanently attached there. Worse yet, you have to continuously hold the On button down for it to work. Move your finger/thumb, and the power goes off. Who wants to start every day with a hand cramp from holding down a button?! #2. Although the desk staff were great, some of the other staff were over-eager. The bell staff whisked my bags away while I was still paying my cab fare. Made me pretty nervous to have my bags disappear from my sight like that without my permission. The housekeeping staff entered my room on three separate occasions without so much as knocking first -- quite disturbing -- sure glad I was dressed! (The first two times were within minutes of each other and the third was when I was just leaving for the day). I learned quickly to use the chain lock while in the room (there is no deadbolt). BTW, I also noticed the teacups and spoons were not always clean. I think they are just being rinsed out in the bathroom sink. #3. Prices for internet access and breakfast are exorbitant. Yes, of course hotel meals are expensive and in London everything is even more expensive, but $45 (U.S.) for breakfast blows my entire meal budget for the business day. Fortunately there are plenty of nearby markets and cafes for a bite to eat at more reasonable prices, and the Gloucester pub across the street is great for a basic lunch or dinner. Other than these few drawbacks, I had a very good stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a positive overall experience. Your detailed feedback is very valuable to us and you can be assured it will be looked at carefully. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you again in the future

thessaloniki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

i went with my boyfriend and stay 4 nights. The room was small but very clean and with fastastic view(louis vuitton) hehehehehe!Harrods are nearby and all the boutiques are in front of you..i think that is a good hotel but not something special without noise and in a very good street for shopping!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, October 30, 2009
Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. We love our location and the views from our rooms are great, aren’t they. For Christmas shopping this is a wonderful place to be. We hope to see you again soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I regularly travel to London on business and always try and a range of hotels dependent on location and price. I paid £130 for a double room at the hotel and have to say I was disappointed. The positives are the location which is great for shopping or a nice walk and the reception staff are friendly and the area is very modern and clean.

The negatives lie with the actual rooms. The room itself was very small and the bathroom is also very cramped. The room had a stale smell which was quite offputting when entering. The internet is very expensive when you are paying so much for a room and the TV had few channels on and the reception was poor.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Thank you for your review. It's great that you acknowledged the efforts of our staff - we really appreciate that. And I'm pleased you liked the area in which we are located.
It's an extremely expensive neighbourhood and so we like to think our standard accommodation offers a great price for which it becomes possible to stay in an exclusive part of town. I can't see from your reviews where you normally stay in London but I'm sorry that we didn’t appear to offer the value for Knightbridge that we aim to and apologise for the disappointment caused.
If any of our customers notice a funny smell or something unexpected when entering the room, please let Housekeeping know and we'll come and check it out. I'm sorry it happened but I'd hope we can remedy something like that quickly.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Can't beat the location if you like to go to the shops. Harrods is 2 blocks away. Room was clean and comfortable. I typically stay in Keningston, but this hotel was so easy to find and everyone at the desk was so easy to deal with. Did not opt for the breakfast as it was expensive, same with internet use. Definitely would stay here again, good deal for the moneyt

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Thank you for your review. It's great to see you enjoyed our hotel. For people who like shopping but dont want to use their spending money on five star hotels we aim to offer the perfect location and good value. We hope to see you again - let me know if you want to come back and I would be pleased to help make your plans.

Seychelles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

What a magnificent hotel and located in the most perfect place in London. Central to all attractions and so easy to get to anywhere you want to go. The best thing about this hotel is the staff - really friendly and efficient - always ready to make your experience at the hotel one to remember. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to London!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, September 11, 2009
It is always great to receive positive feedback. Thank you very much for your review. The team would be delighted to welcome you back when visiting London again. Come back soon ! We look forward to see you again

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Impressed at effort and courtesy provided by reception staff to make me feel comfortable, as well as service I received at restaurant - everything seemed very well organised. Internet facilities not up to scratch, very poor for modern hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear positive feedback but note your comments on the internet. We do offer a business centre aswell as in-room internet facilities but remain sorry that the facility was found to be lacking. Thank you for choosing Millennium Knightsbridge. We hope to see you again

Executive Office

Been to Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!